Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 7:02 PM Last edited by Maquell : 25th Jun 2016 at 7:17 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Do Hood Checker issues necessarily guarantee corruption?
I don't know whether to post here or the Hood Checker form, so sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

I used Sim Blender to remove family ties from a few of my sims, and hood checker found a few "Sim does not exist: 0x0107 has relationship with self." Looking at SimPe, in Sim Relations, there are some Unknown towards Unknown found. I removed the issues with Hood Checker but just want to make sure nothing bad will happen later down the road. I backed up the neighborhood before using Sim Blender and have only played for two in game days, so it wouldn't be terrible to go back, but I'd rather not. I would also like to apologize for adding another ANOTHER "Do I have corruption" post, it's just I have some obsessive compulsive tendencies when it comes to keeping my game clean :P
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 8:27 PM
As long as HoodChecker can remove it, it's not a problem. Relationship with self happens all the time in any neighborhood without any hacks to cause it. HoodChecker looks for these things, because they will cause corruption if left alone, and removes them in order to keep your neighborhood alive longer. It's not a sign that you did anything bad, it's just Maxis coding that causes those errors.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
As long as HoodChecker can remove it, it's not a problem. Relationship with self happens all the time in any neighborhood without any hacks to cause it. HoodChecker looks for these things, because they will cause corruption if left alone, and removes them in order to keep your neighborhood alive longer. It's not a sign that you did anything bad, it's just Maxis coding that causes those errors.

Thanks! So it only becomes an issue when Hood Checker cannot remove the issues?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 10:39 PM
Yes; and it may notify you of things just because they seem off; it doesn't necessarily mean that the things flagged are problems, just that the program doesn't know what to make of them so if you know something about code maybe you could investigate them.

The late great Mootilda, who made the HoodChecker, was always on the lookout for new ways into the mysteries of the code, since she didn't have access to the source code. The HoodChecker is used primarily as a tool to clean up what you might call the "programming grit" that has the potential to cause corruption; but she was also able to use it to learn more about what goes on in the game. Most of us can't use it that way, alas.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 1:48 AM
Just so you know, SRels don't cause corruption on their own. They might be a sign of corruption but they don't cause it. You can edit and delete them at any time in SimPE - though Hoodchecker can automate that process for you so you don't have to hunt them down.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 2:03 AM Last edited by Maquell : 26th Jun 2016 at 5:56 PM.
Thanks to both of you! Corruption is very interesting to me, and now I know even more about it!