Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 8:00 PM
Default Carpool Sims Visiting my lots
It is weird.
I do have a lot of hacks and what not, but I never encountered this problem until I installed and used the clean neighborhood templates. I put in hacks that prevent regenerating townies, dormies, strays and etc.
I have created my neighborhood, create some NPC's, a few townies and what not. Including a few carpool NPC's. Now I have not created all the NPC's. I figured the game would create the necessary NPC's for the rest of the slots as needed. I did not create any strays, socialites, hobbyists, garden club sims and etc. I know carpool NPC's are not a safe sim to mess with. I know this as I had messed with them in the past times I played the game. So after making them with the NPC maker, I never did anything else to them. Anyways as I was playing the game. I saw an unusual sim who happens to be a carpool NPC and when I clicked on him, I only get interaction that is normally found on Strays, pets and etc. Only thing I manage to do with them is use the Sim Blender and teleport them off the lot. I figured that is the safest thing I could do with them. I contemplated on killing the NPC's. But I am afraid that wouldn't fix the problem at all or make things worse.

Few things I have tried.
I have tried to make the .package files in the Game files as read only,
Use sim blender to clear off the Carpool NPC.

What I contemplated on doing.
Create a few strays, socialites, hobbyists, garden club sims to stop the game from filling slots with existing NPC's or townies.

However is there anything else I can do?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 8:15 PM
Either make some townie sims, or take out the spawn suppressors long enough to generate some interactable sims. If the code is required to call sims to the lot, and can't find any townies, it calls NPCs; and if it can't find the safe NPCs it'll call the unsafe ones.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 8:35 PM
Ya I just had this happen to me for the same reason and I have now used the mailbox cheat to create 30 townies for my hood.

Post 139 of this thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post5044436

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 8:40 PM
I shall try that when I open the game up.. Another question. Is it safe to kill the Carpool NPC's? Because as for NPC's go, I notice the game will use the NPC that is in the until it is no longer in the slot and use the next one that has been generated. I noticed this with Witch NPC's that I created male witches or warlocks and the game just used the witch that was first. Because I can try to box the sim in and drain it's hunger and wait. But if not, then I wouldn't bother and continue to use sim blender to poof it off my lot.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 8:51 PM
I wouldn't, unless I were specifically testing to see what would happen. Carpool NPCs aren't universals, but they have incomplete character data and messing with them has unpredictable results. Killing them is probably the safest thing you can do with them, if you had to do anything - but I still wouldn't.

If the game has a character with full character data to choose, it should choose them in preference to the carpoolers. It's choosing the original witches because they have lower ID numbers than the ones you made. But for walkbys the randomizer works better.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 10:17 PM
In other words since I think the carpoolers are behaving more like stray pets, If I create pets to become strays, which I hate with a passion. The game would choose them over the Carpool NPC?

In another conversation....
I did seen results of Carpool NPC's behave weird before in the past. David Thompson, I seen his skills before. One day he just appeared onto a community lot and kept beating the crap out of my rather aggressive female sim relentlessly. I took her home and he followed her there and beat the crap out of her there. It was somewhat funny considered how many people she herself beaten up in the past. But I never expected that to happen. Had no choice but to box him in and starve him to death. This was before I learned about corruption or even about mods. However I never seen anything else out of the norm after killing him.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 10:35 PM
I believe pets and humaniform sims are called on under different circumstances, so no - if circumstances call for a human walkby, it will call the driver before it will call a pet.

I'm giving you the information as best I understand it, mind - I've never tried this. Experiment and find out for sure.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 11:28 PM
I see. Seeing the carpool sim behave like a pet is odd. It had the same web interaction as a pet when I click on it. I have tried to direct a sim to "Chase it away" but the NPC did not respond like a pet. I am going to backup my neighborhood first and try boxing them in, starve them or use the buyable fire mod to be quicker about killing them. Relocate their graves in a lot that I have no intention to visit ever. Create the appropriate sims for each slot so it don't keep happening. I'll get back to you on how that went.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 12:50 AM
Ah, I didn't realize they were actually acting like pets! That sounds like the neighborhood is already corrupted - like the NPCs have picked up pet code in their empty slots. In which case killing them won't fix anything.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 1:54 AM
Yea it is weird. I think it might have to do with NPC's filling empty NPC slots. I left the stray pet slot empty because stray pets are annoying. I didn't think that would happen. Who would? I created necessary NPC's and a few townies. I didn't create pets, socialites, hobbyists or garden club members. I do have a back up in the beginning where I was creating the sims. I did find a hack in MATY (snsnpcslotfix) http://moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/i...r=al%2Fhacks%2F which I hope that works suppose to prevent the game from filling NPC slots with existing NPC's and townies.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 2:15 AM
Where did you get these empty templates? I suggest you talk to the person who made them and discuss the issue before doing anything more.

If they're Jawusas, this is actually being discussed right now over in the thread in the Creator Feedback forum:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...stpost&t=544800
The more information she gets the better and more reliable her templates will be.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 3:54 AM
I got the templates from MATY and it isn't possible as I am unable to register for the site for some reason.
Scholar
#13 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 3:32 AM
Without knowing what your "hacks and what not" are the following may not hold true for your game.
"Carpool NPCs" are school bus drivers, they are generated from a template so they are safe to interact with except their template has no menu options so there's nothing you can do with them. They must be in the service sim family to be used as NPCs and Strays must be in the Strays family to be used as strays. Sims in the service sim family are never used as visitors. Therefore your bus driver NPCs must have been placed into the Strays family to be getting treated as strays, they should be placed into the service sim family.

Note: A&N does give bus drivers full menus and allows most service sims to be visitors.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 9:07 AM
Jawusa's empty templates are better'n MATY's anyhow, and Jawusa is much easier to talk to. So I'd start over with those.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 10:15 AM
I'll second that ^ MATY is a great place to run in, grab and leave, and you do not need to be registered to do so. The VIP part is pure baloney bluff to make people turn away.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~