Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 6:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CC shows up in CAS but not in game
Hello

I have a top-only dress that has started behaving weirdly. It shows up fine in CAS, but when sims wear it in game they're naked. I've had the dress for a while and it used to work fine.
I've recently removed my downloads folder and put it back in to search for corrupted CC and I guess this has been happening since then. Does anybody know how I can get it to show up properly again?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 6:40 PM
possibly it is because you lack the mesh of those clothes, you could pass me the link of the clothes you say you do not look good ???
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 6:51 PM
I have the mesh. If I hadn't, it wouldn't even show up in CAS and I didn't delete it while sorting through my downloads.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 7:03 PM
could pass me the link of the clothes you say you do not look good ???
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 10:53 PM
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 12:24 AM
in my game looks perfect, is not naked or anything, partly could be your game. redownloads clothes and put clothes in the downloads folder.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 8:41 AM
I did that. Now they don't work in CAS either
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 9:06 AM
Did you recently add a default outfit? I have found they sometimes mess with each other and other outfits, even cc ones. I have the Mary Gold dress and it's working fine for me, but I know I have a pair of Maxis pants showing just skin and boots and it's from some other default messing with it. I don't care about the pants though, so meh. Try just one dress at a time with all other cc clothes and default clothes out. Also check your Saved Sims folder since cc clothes can lurk in there if you have downloaded any sims.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 11:40 AM
So I tried to play without the SavedSims folder and all other downloads than the dresses and it still won't work. Thanks for your help though
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 12:39 PM
And you re-downloaded them both? Must admit I'm stumped.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 2:28 PM
Me too. I re-downloaded them, but that didn't change anything so I gave up and deleted them for now
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 6:49 AM
The same happened with a piece of CC of mine. I downloaded Batbox because somebody said it would fix this issue. I have as well BO's No Sim Loaded for the bald spot issues.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 2:12 PM
What does that have to do with it?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#14 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 5:55 AM
You have read-only folder documents sims 2? when I put the clothes so I started to look the same way that you indicate
Field Researcher
#15 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 7:04 PM
Eh, hello!

I'm here to re-awaken the thread...
I'm having a similar-ish problem... I created a hairtyle, first with blonde. So the hair shows up perfectly in blonde. (Well except that it's green even though the texture is clearly blonde). Now I just made the texture file for brown. When I go in CAS, it's there and it's perfect, but in-game, it doesn't even show up at all. The only way I can get it to show in-game is if I got to blonde, then brown, because they are family linked. Most strange...

While I'm at it, I got the same problem when age-converting the hair, except there it didn't show up in CAS either, though I could still get it by going from Adult to Teen. 0_o
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 6:23 AM
Alright! So I know this is a old thread, but I had the same issue and FIXED it. I noticed only three of my sims in the household had this issue. The father and two kids. So something on those three was causing problems. I removed all clothes. No fix. Removed all face features (hair included) no fix. Make up. (Contacts) no fix. But then i noticed the eyes were silver. I also noticed i had downloaded a bunch if default eye color mods in one of my packs. I changed the eyes to the normal default sims 4 eyes (no CC) and tested it. Sure enough all my CC on my sims went back to normal. Check skin details (freckles, different skins you've put on) or the base game eyes!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 2:09 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Jan 2020 at 2:25 PM.
Adding to the solution of the first problem (for anyone who considers re-reviving this topic in the future) -

If you download slaved clothes (and not standalone), make sure you also put in the master files, and that you don't put them too deep in your downloads folder. If the game can find the slaved outfits and meshes but not the recolors (due to them either having a too long file path or not being there at all), the slaved outfits can appear with a naked texture.

You can also have weird effects like one or two outfits showing fine, but not the rest, due to having shorter filenames/paths.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helcati - I'd guess you most likely had a different problem from the OP (probably a default causing issues). I'd think if the OP didn't answer in roughly 3-4 years, they probably found a solution or gave up on it. The clothes in question didn't appear to be default replacements, but some were slaved.