Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 1:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to install Sims 2 expansions on Windows 10???
Ok, here's the thing. I can't instal any expansion pack on windows 10.
After instalation it requires me to enter Sims2 4th disc to do some update and after that i got message "ts2upd.exe. stoped working" and instalation goes backwards.
I've tried solutions i found on google - to change compatibility mode into windows7, into windows xp(both service pack 2 & 3), and also to do update manualy by running sims2 updater after instaling base game(it gives same error message after I run file). - but nothing worked.
I'm on the edge of my nervs so if anybody have any idea - please help me.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sampinjon
Ok, here's the thing. I can't instal any expansion pack on windows 10.
After instalation it requires me to enter Sims2 4th disc to do some update and after that i got message "ts2upd.exe. stoped working" and instalation goes backwards.
I've tried solutions i found on google - to change compatibility mode into windows7, into windows xp(both service pack 2 & 3), and also to do update manualy by running sims2 updater after instaling base game(it gives same error message after I run file). - but nothing worked.
I'm on the edge of my nervs so if anybody have any idea - please help me.

There is a way to install manually (not sure this will help with Win10 but used to work when people had similar problems with earlier systems). You'd have to google it since I no longer have a link but it is doable and might work here.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 7:22 PM
The steps in the pinned thread up top for installing in Windows 8 worked for me. Long story short- the automatic updater doesn't work so you have to install the patches. The thread has a link to them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 12:41 PM
I tried that instructions and finaly i was able to update game without getting error, but after that, when i try to run game i get just error message with one big red X - without any additional explanations. I tried some solutions about that i found here, like deleting "group cache file" but it didnt helped.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 10:00 PM
Maybe you should consider the Ultimate Collection - it seems to have worked for other users with the same problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 12:50 PM
Yes,thank you very much. It's working.