Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 3:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default need help adding download file to sims 2 ultimate collection
Probably an answer somewhere for this already but can't seem to find what I need.
I couldn't install my sims2 disks on windows 8.1 so managed to speak to support and had the sims 2 ultimate collection added to my origin account. I can't fiqure out where to put my downloads file so they load in the game. I've clicked the load custom content etc but nothing is happening. Is there a certain file I have to add the downloads to or do I need to change the name of the file?
The download file is full of different things, skin, hair, clothes furniture etc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 4:08 PM
You will have 2 folders called either "EA Games" or "Electronic Arts" and inside one of them will be a lot of folders after you start up the game for the first time and this is where your Downloads folder should go.

The other folder will be empty and is a dummy folder and you should not use it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
You will have 2 folders called either "EA Games" or "Electronic Arts" and inside one of them will be a lot of folders after you start up the game for the first time and this is where your Downloads folder should go.

The other folder will be empty and is a dummy folder and you should not use it.

oh ok I was going to the origin games file I will try that thank you
Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 4:26 PM
I've got my downloads in

This PC > My Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection > Downloads

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 5:28 PM
I don't have an ea games file there is only the origin games file with the sims2 ultimate collection file inside it
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kurlykurlz
I don't have an ea games file there is only the origin games file with the sims2 ultimate collection file inside it

Are you looking in My Documents?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 5:41 PM
Here are some images that may help you find the proper folder

If some one wants to put this info where others can find it easier, be my guest. The wording can also be changed too, if it isn't clear enough. (:

EDIT: Once I found the correct folder under documents, I then made a short cut to the desktop so I don't have to keep searching for it. It might be a windows 8.1 thing, but I find that UC path isn't easy to find as the Sims 2 was.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 5:41 PM
was going to the wrong place thank you I found it