Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 4:17 PM
Default Crack on the neck
Has anyone ever noticed this annoying crack on the sim mesh? It's like EA totally forgot to attach those vertices together. If others also have that in their sim then woah, didn't expect EA do so sloppy work
Screenshots
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 4:28 PM
I think it's mainly with certain clothes. Not everything does it.
Space Pony
#3 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 7:30 PM
I always thought it was a strand of hair behind her ear...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 7:50 AM
Whoa, I haven't seen that before O_o;
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 12:47 AM
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 3:09 AM Last edited by PuffyAmi : 8th Nov 2010 at 3:26 PM.
Yea I tested all the clothes by vanilla game and there was no crack eather - so apparently this is just some CC bug - but what exactly causing it is a mystery since I dont have any cc clothet, only make up and hair. But since it doesnt really bother me that much I wont bother myself remove CC eather.
Instructor
#7 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 5:25 AM
I have that crack below the ear on some of my sims. Thought it was from moving around the head, jaw, and neck sliders in CAS.
Banned
#8 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 2:30 PM Last edited by tjstreak : 7th Nov 2010 at 3:03 PM.
It's where the body meets the head. If someone knows how to fix it, please advise us. I have a real kludgy fix when making clothes (and when I actually notice it). I simply move the top row of vertices on the neck up, and I rescale that layer of vertices to make it slightly larger.

In Milkshape, the vertices line up exactly in all directions with a mesh without the problem and the bone assignments are the same with meshes which don't have the problem.

It usually starts becoming noticable when the sims move their heads.

In a strange sense, it's good to hear it's happening on EA meshes because it indicates that it is not something I am doing!
Instructor
#9 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 3:24 PM
We can see the line were the body meets the head on the picture and the crack is in the head mesh.

I see cracks in CAS, very notable with a certain nose morph but CAS seems to follow its own rules, just because it looks broken in CAS does not mean its in the game, I suspect its just a visual artifact as DaBoogadie shows s/he have no issues with it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 3:24 PM
I believe that this is a rendering issue, not a mesh issue as I haven't been able to replicate any neck tearing that I've seen in any of the posts that have mentioned it.
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 8:48 PM
I noticed same crack too ( i don't have additional sliders or anythinging much of CC apart from contact eyes) and after removing "contacts" from costume mask thingy in mirror , the crack was gone!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 3:26 PM
So apparently no matter what CC - just any would make that crack appear... hmm so does everyone have that crack who has even one piece of CC in the game