Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One Minute Ninja'd
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 1:10 AM
Default Children of Celebrities
OK, becoming a celebrity is obviously way too easy. I discovered that when my YA sim just starting out had an adulterous affair with a 4 star sim which resulted in a child out of wedlock, and despite receiving the shame scandal moodlet, boosted him right to a 3 star celeb himself. Clearly, the National Enquirer was the model for celebrity status chosen for this EP.

My concern though, it that when my 5 star celeb couple's daughter became a child, she was instantly a 3 star child celeb. She had her photo taken twice on her first day in the park, and already received a free sofa as a gift (which doesn't fit in her room, so I'll probably just sell it off). At this rate, she's destined to be the next Paris Hilton.

I know there's a mod to increase the difficulty of becoming a celeb, but it feels really creepy that a fix is needed for a kid as well. Has anyone else had this happen to a child yet?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 1:15 AM
HP has a mod out to make becoming a celeb harder.

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 1:36 AM
My 5-star couple (both of whom have 5 stars) had a kid who has 3 stars, purely for being their child.
Instructor
#4 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 1:41 AM
It kind of makes sense though, like in real life, when a celebrity has a child....
The other one
#5 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 2:15 AM
The first RL 5-star celeb couple that springs to mind is 'Brangelina'. I could probably name all of their kids without even trying just from catching their name in newspapers or magazines. It is kinda true to life.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 2:40 AM
I agree that it does seem to be pretty true to life. I don't actually play the Sims 3, but I was wondering, do these sim child celebrities lose their celebrity status over time if they go on to lead "normal" lives or do they remain celebrities forever?
Theorist
#7 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 3:22 AM
I thought it was interesting that my Lvl 2 celebrity sculptor/hostess (her birthday parties rock!) and her husband (more recently a lvl 2 celebrity politician) kids have begun to be celebrities, the older kids aren't celebs but once dad became a celebrity then all their children who aged into a child were lvl 1.

They have 11 children XDXDXD take that Brangelina!!!

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 3:51 AM
HP's mod is not up at the moment (not as far as I know anyways :P).
Even though it made the levels harder it was still too easy to become a level 1 celebrity so it was taken down. I was told it'll be up again before long and I'm looking forward to it

If I do not congratulate you on your birthday or any other special occasion, then I may not know you?

I'm good at what I do but I suck at actually doing it :P
Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 4:31 AM
All of the kids in my game of parents with 2stars+ have some star status by the time they start school.

Oddly, my Sims seem to be the only ones in the game that actually increase their status. I have yet to see the others with any status lose it.

The system seems wonky and in need of a good "tuning", if that is the proper term for how the behaviour needs to be adjusted.