Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 8:37 PM
Upload/change/color paintings?
Hi. I'm not sure how to ask this..where to ask it. I want to upload a painting into sims 3 game. In sims 2 there was a program for it. Is there one for sims3? How do i recolor a painting? Is there a tutorial for recoloring paintings or other things in game? Is there a program for recoloring? Thanks so much! :lovestruc
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 9:22 PM
I think this is what you're looking for:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...nge_the_Texture
Alchemist
#3 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 12:33 AM
That tutorial is outdated. I have written a new tutorial for making paintings which is much easier, uses the current version of s3pe, and is illustrated.

It is here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=392299

If I could edit that Wiki page to link to the new tutorial I would but I have not been able to. But it would be a big help if people looking for a tutorial on changing EA painting images were directed to the most recent tutorial instead of the outdated one linked to above.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 4:27 AM
Default wow
YAY thank you!!!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 6:54 AM
The wiki is up-to-date on tutorials, lytefoot linked to the older one that -is- listed as outdated on the wiki instead of the wiki page that shows all the tutorials - including yours OM.

Tutorials:TS3_Basic_Object_Creationwiki
Alchemist
#6 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 12:53 PM
I didn't mean to suggest the Wiki itself is not up to date HL...I apologize if that's how it sounded. I meant that page...the old tutorial page isn't really clear about there being a new tutorial that is up to date & easy to use.

It says, "THIS SECTION IS OUT OF DATE AND USES AN OLD VERSION OF THE CLONER -- SOME INTERPRETATION IS REQUIRED FOR USE WITH THE CURRENT VERSION," instead of just providing a link to the new tutorial or mentioning that there is one.

For people who are unaware that there is a new tutorial this could be construed to mean they just have to struggle through trying to interpret the old tutorial because there isn't something more current. While the old tutorial was well-written for how things worked at the time it is gonna end up causing some people confusion and difficulty if they try to use it now IMO.