Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 5:11 PM
Default Making a plane double sided
Yes..the tiltle itself is basically my question. How do you make your plane double sided?? I made an object with a curved plane and I duplicated it to make it double sided, but here, I hit a problem... How do you flip and move your duplicated plane so it would EXACTLY fit with the original one?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 5:24 PM
What meshing program are you using?

In Milkshape, you do Reverse Vertex Order, scale by .999 (so that the vertices aren't in exactly the same place, which can cause display issues) and then Align Normals. You shouldn't have to actually move it, just flip it inside out and scale it a little, and then fix the normals so it displays properly.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 5:41 PM
sorry to be so late...

What do you mean by reversing vertex order??? How do you do it???

P.S I'm using milkshape.
Alchemist
#4 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 6:22 PM
Picture from Milkshape:

Select the plane that you want to reverse before using or nothing will happen.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 11:25 PM
well, copy the plane 1st.
After copying, the copy will remain selected and the original will automatically be deselected.
Then reverse the vertex order.
Remember, each plane (polygon, or face) must have it's own set of vertices.
Alchemist
#6 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 12:04 AM
For objects you intend to have a complex or curved shape for it is sometimes helpful to create the double sided plane first and then use it to make the object with also.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 4:34 PM
Thanks everyone~ :D