Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#776 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
What are your favourite names that you tend to use a lot in your game? What are the names of your favourite families, and your legacy family? Do you have any cute themes that you use?

I like to use cute old fashioned names for girls often,like Amelie,Melissa,Faith,Melanie,Lisa,Alice,Valerie and more.For guys it depends on a pesonality,names that associate me to that personality.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#777 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 12:29 AM
I mostly use regular names, and if I'm struggling to find anything, I often go onto sites with baby name inspiration and look around. Maybe I'll settle for a letter, and do a semi-random choice.

I do have a knack of giving aliens "spacey" names, naming them after planets, galaxies, stars, famous movie aliens, and the like. Occasionally I'll also have some fun with other sims' names.

Test sims will often get names I don't like much but can come up with on the fly, and when I run out of those, test-babies tend to end up with the names "1, 2222, 3333" and up. I have a test 'hood like that right now, and the most creative baby names are "baby girl 1" and "baby boy 1".
Forum Resident
#778 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 1:34 AM Last edited by stitching : 25th Mar 2016 at 2:29 AM.
I vary how I choose names with each household. Most of the time, it's a fairly random choice, with me grabbing a name from a book I just read, having one of my children pick a name (those are sometimes random syllables), or flipping a baby name book open and going with something from the page I came to. For a few houses, I have naming patterns - those could be based on the ethnicity of the last name (choosing all Irish or French names, for example), or a theme. One of my families has both parents with high interest in sci-fi, and their kids will be named for Star Trek characters, while another family has kids with names associated with nature, and one family has old fashioned names. When playing a multi-generational challenge lot or one where counting the number of kids born is important, I tend to alphabetize the children in the family - I find it makes tracking easier.

Multiples are usually named the same way as single births, though I do sometimes give name pairs - ones with similar meanings, or choosing two names from two characters from the same story. One family my daughter had suggested the name Rose for the next girl born, and when it was boy/girl twins, I named them Rose and Harold as those just seemed to fit together so well. It was weeks later when I realized why they were paired in my mind - those are the names of a couple of my parent's friends, and though I've never met them, my mother has mentioned Rose and Harold to me on the phone fairly regularly.

Aliens are the only sims that I seem to have a neighbourhood wide pattern for. My last 'hood, alien males all had names starting with Z and females with X. Two hoods ago, they all had Vulcan-style names. This time, they are all being given names from mythology. I haven't had any plantsim babies yet, but they'd probably get named after flowers, herbs, and trees.

When picking last names in CAS, I tend to look at names from a book or magazine I have on my desk - story or logic puzzle characters, authors, columnists, and editors have all contributed names for my sim families.
Field Researcher
#779 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 3:31 AM
If I don't already have a name in mind, I either look in the baby name book I have or the old phone book that I also keep at hand. The phone book is handy for last names too, which is good cause I can never think of good last names.
Mad Poster
#780 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 3:33 AM
I want, so much, for one of the Curiousi to have boy/girl twins so I can name them Rosalind and Franklin.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#781 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by saturnian
Some recent new babies in my hood have been named thusly:
I think, when it comes to names, I'm a bit of a scavenger.

I LOVE your names! Just my kind of thing. I need to get more creative in my naming, you have inspired me!

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#782 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 12:51 PM
Maps are great for last names, too. Place names, street names. Especially in England, anyway. I used to use an A-Z but now I'm more likely to use Google maps. Just zoom into a random place and choose something!

In fact old villages in England often have such wonderful two-word names that they make excellent unusual first and last names. For example:

Linley Green
Shelsley Beauchamp (I'm imagining a very posh older lady)
Ulceby Skitter (And her male rival from the next manor across!)
Cleobury Mortimer (I might reverse this one - Mortimer Cleobury)
Neen Savage
Astley Abbotts
Dawley Bank
Donnington Wood (Donny for short)

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#783 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 3:49 PM
I really want to use the last name "Georgopoulos", but seeing as I'm playing a megahood that I don't introduce new sims into, I think I'll just have to save it for some other time. Maybe it can be the last name of the founding family of the next neighbourhood I build.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#784 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I really want to use the last name "Georgopoulos", but seeing as I'm playing a megahood that I don't introduce new sims into, I think I'll just have to save it for some other time. Maybe it can be the last name of the founding family of the next neighbourhood I build.

I saw what you wrote, but my mind read that as George Papadopolous. :D
Test Subject
#785 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 3:36 PM
My Main Family: Thompson

Gabriel Thompson
Jacqueline Thompson
Baby Abby Thompson
Teen Christopher Thompson

Biography: Gabriel is not an easy to get Jacqueline's grandparents, they are dead of old age in Moonlight Bay to front their own children.

Other Main Family is..... Austin to change

Ireland Austin {deceased} to delete this household
Remy Yarmouth
Seneca Austin-Yarmouth
Patty Austin
Claire Yarmouth
Clayton Yarmouth

Biography: Ireland is died from drowning, and Seneca was found the man named Remy Yarmouth, this man did married with Seneca Yarmouth. Seneca's daughter, Patty Austin always focus her homework and her skills too. The young Yarmouth children of Seneca and Remy.

Other Main Family is . . . . . Branch
Daniel Brandon {deceased} to delete this household
Danny Branch
Pennsylvania Branch
Zuma Brandon
Mimosa Branch
Wuhan Branch

Biograph: Daniel is the deceased of growing stomach. Pennsylvania is still care of Zuma and other pregnanted branch children. Danny is good for Pennsylvania.

Other again..... main family,...... McEntire
Nome McEntire
Heather Lynd-McEntire
Penny Lynd-McEntire
Hezekiah McEntire

Biography: Nome and Heather are together during in Aragon's house. Heather's mother, Annie Lynd deadso Heather put her old last name as also put married last name too. The parents care of their children too.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#786 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 5:26 PM Last edited by maxon : 22nd Jun 2016 at 5:45 PM.
For Polgannon, I raided (extensively) a series of pages on the net dedicated to Cornish culture and language. Not all the names in Polgannon are Cornish but most of them are and I'm happy with how that fits the theme of that neighbourhood. Ellandwyke Halt and Market Banaby also have names derived from linguistic history (two new neighbourhoods which are slowly s-l-o-w-l-y taking shape).

In Little Carping, my main hood, there are a wide variety of names. Like Peni, I often like punny, nominatively determinitive or joke names (e.g. in order: Egon Lovett, Leonard Church (vicar), Crimson Lane, for example - also Cherie Buttercream (guess what her character is like). Deacon Hedges is also a punny joke name but the joke is an obscure linguistic one and usually the only person who gets the joke is me. I also use names with social or cultural or historical associations - my two nurses are called Harriet Fenwick and Sitandwa Seacole though I think you have to know your English history to understand those.

Sometimes I just like the sound of the name (or its colour) or think the name evokes a certain type of character because of the linguistic or historical associations. The family name Vaughan - which is a large family now in Little Carping - I simply liked the sound of and combined with Mercer (Mercer Vaughan being one of the founding sims of that family) I just think it reeks of the sleek, charming but shallow advertising man he was. That was the thought process when I came to name him. Some names reflect where I think the sims originated from. I had a fine old time finding names for my tropical destination BV locals for instance. Hiram Enoch - as christian names - I think reflects the sort of man he was. I thought the names Violette and Saffronelle for daughters of the Tricous was an excellent match. I dunno - I have a lot of fun when finding names. I usually go with something that evokes character - at least in my mind, probably not anybody else's. But I ask you, what sort of person has a name like Chica Cox or Lorelei Summers? Where do you think Finlay McIntosh originates from or Billie-Jane Johanson? What career path does Fergus Crims pursue? What job (non-EAxis but custom) does Ebeneezer Lambert do? What decade was Timothy Woodstock born into? I like my pet names the most, I think, but I guess that's just because I like animals. But cat or dog - can you tell? I think it's obvious but maybe that's me again. Ursula; Cottesloe (easy if you've played Polgannon); Humbolt; Agamemnon; Trudie; Tish; Dmitrios; Trixie; Louis; Nettie; Persephone; Minda; Bean; Cleopatra; Miss Scarlett; Hugo; Irving.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#787 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 5:31 PM
Naming pets is the most difficult thing EVER for me! My givens are Daisy, Snowball, And Duke...Least creative pet name maker ever reward lmao.
Forum Resident
#788 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 12:59 AM
I've been making anagrams for names lately. For my alien family, Lenia = Alien, and the family name is Scepa = Space. Sadie Scrinscep's last name unscrambled is Princess, and her husband's former last name unscrambled was Prince. The Gevare's are an "average" family. I've also done some pun type things, especially with my plant-sims. Their family name is Raes, and their first names are Sunny (mother) and Poppy (daughter). The Scepa's, with the exception of Lenia, all have space related names. Some examples are Aurora and Solara.
Lab Assistant
#789 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 6:08 AM Last edited by Rguerra : 5th Jul 2016 at 3:07 PM.
I have various "methods" to name sims:

1. Picking the name or surname of a character from a novel/film/TV show. (e. g. The surname of my legacy founder, Emily North, has based on Dick North, character of the novel Dance Dance Dance by Haruki Murakami.)

2. "Combining" names from real life personalities. (e. g. A "macabre looking" sim of mine was named Edgar Blackcraft, which is the combination of the names of three horror writes: Edgar Allan Poe, Algernon Blackwood and H. P. Lovecraft).

3. Going to wikipedia and using the random article feature, then use some word in the article's title as surname for a sim (if it's apropriate). Seriously. It already gave me peculiar and interesting surnames like Cerith, Eois and Aquarii. It sometimes gives me surnames of real life personalites that I didn't know, which I somestimes end up using.

4. Alliterative names, when appropriate. (e. g. I named Ethan North's (2nd gen heir) alien son: Norton North).

5. Meaningful names, when appropriate (e. g. Passion North as named like this because she was conceived when one of her parentes was very angry with the other and, nevertheless, ACR made them WooHoo).

6. Sometimes, when my creativity isn't working very well, I just use the random generator from Behind The Name, generating names according to the sim nacionality.
Forum Resident
#790 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 1:01 PM
Kinda doubling with "you know you play The Sims 2 too much when...", with the kind of names I give my sims, based on random stuff, I've been developing this habit of constantly checking my surroundings for ideas for possible names. Like "there's a lamp. Hm. Lightbulb... Lightbulb Neighbour. Nah... Light Neighbour... Chandelier... Neon..." etc. Although two of my recent sims got names that fit my naming pattern while still being actual names, Andromeda and Modesty, two of my favourite names, actually.

I am Error.
Link Ninja
#791 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 9:00 PM
I have been on a kick the past two years or so to name all my twins with same letter. It's how I keep track of natural-born twins in my hood. I can only think of 2 out of 10 recent twin births (past 8 months) that don't fit the convention but my fiancee called me out on it the other night when another set was born and so I named them Lana and Anya to prove I can break habits.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#792 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 3:02 AM
I don't really have any favourite names but I have "themed" names depending on the family or its ethnicity. I often leave it to when the baby is born to choosing a name, which may randomly come to me. At other times I plan what I might call them. Often I look at the family tree and might name children after grandparents or deceased uncles, etc. Sometimes I create a name which sort of sounds like a combination of the parents' names, eg. Alec and Lucille had a daughter named Alice. Recently a townie, Houston and his wife had babies which I called Austin and Boston.
As for last names, I have three main legacy families (ten generations long) of Champignon (with French names), Lillard (originally a townie name), and DeMarr (the vampire family). Others have come and gone but the Arends family are making a presence (thanks to lots of kids).
Test Subject
#793 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 7:50 AM Last edited by UncleAllen219 : 11th Jun 2017 at 8:15 AM.
My Main Legacy
I think this was McLaughlin. I will create sims.
Alexander McLaughlin
Barbara McLaughlin
Carla McLaughlin
Baby Dan McLaughlin (Dan is in Melissa's stomach, not yet born)
Unborn baby girl( will named her is Elizabeth McLaughlin)

Biography:
The man name is Alexander McLaughlin, that man was living with his wife name, Barbara McLaughlin. So Barbara and Alexander was named their daughter was Carla McLaughlin. Carla likes her parents. But again Barbara is pregnant with a boy name, Baby Dan McLaughlin. Now She pregnant. Carla still love siblings to see her as brother. PS. Melissa called Carla as sweetheart Carla Scarlet McLaughlin! Next year will have pregnant again girl named Elizabeth.

Other Main:

The Sims Created called The Nelson Household:
Roxy Nelson
John Nelson
Rita Nelson ( twin of Sofi)
Sofi Nelson ( twin of Rita) teen same Rita
Crichton Nelson ( toddler boy)

I think maybe Roxy and John will have new baby.

That all I say about Nelson.

I will create my owns

Alyssa Halliwell
Dan Epps
Carla McLaughlin
Gunner Sharp
Payton Shubert
Jennifer Emann
Marcus Landgraab
Nathan Trump
Rowen Glass
Sugar Aragon
Susan Zbornak
Alesia Jaramillo
Courtney Kulick
Doug Bingham
Willow Andersson
Liam Xiayiah ( I created by yourself as Xiayiah)
Camilla Keyes
Ellen Dye
Kareem Johnson

Alyssa Zhang-Halliwell married by Brayden Halliwell
Dan Epps was married by Annie Keyes
Carla McLaughlin (single teen)
Gunner Sharp as UncleAllen219. Married to Stacey McStuffins
Payton Shubert married to Georgia Idaho. Shubert asks Georgia to break up with her husband, Irwin Idaho.
Jennifer Emann - Vasant married by Hao Vasant
Marcus Landgraab married to Hannah Landgraab
Nathan Trump married to Ivanka Trump
Mr Rowen Glass married to Jeanne Glass
Sugar Aragon married to Han Duggan- Aragon
Susan Zbornak married by Danny Zbornak
Alesia Jaramillo single- Alesia with family
Courtney Kulick - Duggan married by Hans brother, Jeffrey Duggan
Doug Bingham married to Suzie Bingham
Willow Andersson Hill married by Sam Hill
Liam Xiayiah married to Raven Halliwell Xiayiah
Camilla Keyes married by Rand Keyes
Ellen Dye ( single. She with siblings by 2 sisters)
Kareem Johnson ( Kareem lives with his Roommates
Test Subject
#794 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 8:00 AM
when I will get the sims 4 then I will names them family of Nelson. The Vampire Nelson!

Jamie Nelson
Scarlett Nelson
Aurora Nelson
Brayden Nelson
Test Subject
#795 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 9:29 AM
My Main Family:

Connie Ross
Jimmy Ross
Cassidy Ross
Jasper Ross

Jimmy was married with Connie, Cassidy was born. When Cassidy trying find out what they do. Connie and Jimmy Ross can't tell Cassidy what happen with Cassidy. Jasper like to see his Aunt Denise Franklin's house. Connie let Jasper and Cassidy go with Auntie Denise. Because Connie and Jimmy have reason to Visit her mother, Dee McCoy. Mrs. McCoy are in Medicine, before she dies. Cause of Old age, Connie cried. Then Tomorrow morning Connie and Jimmy told children this Dee dead. Jimmy and Cassidy go to Nanny Susan Whisenant's house. Auntie Denise going with Connie and Jimmy to Funderal. Connie, Jimmy, abs Auntie Denise back to their home, Connie and Jimmy Ross are pick up the children to bring back to home

Other Main Family

Jason Vasant
Dr. Jessica London
Becky Vasant
Amanda Vasant
Unborn Baby Vasant

Jason welcomed Dr. Jessica London the home. Becky saw her Dr. London was her sister. Becky excited see Dr. Jessica London! Jessica London's daughter, Eve Landon is gone with her daddy, Dr. David London. Jason can't wait Becky's pregnant. Amanda likes cute guy, Adrian Landgraab.Unborn Baby Vasant is unknown girl or boy

Gone means nothat dead, just good bye

Take care !
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#796 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 12:32 PM
@UncleAllen219 - please stop double, triple, quadruple posting. If you want to add information to what you have said, please use the edit button on your message.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#797 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 5:02 PM
In my game, I have little problem with first names as I get them from the other games I play. The cars from the Grand Theft Auto universe, for example, makes good names for female Sims or Pets. I get some from word plays. I have a Sim named Milan Collie whose life is in a melancholy because her life has never been right (or that's what I want it to be). On the other hand, I have a trouble with last names as I haven't found one that sound good for a legacy family. Suggestions are welcome.
Mad Poster
#798 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 5:05 PM
My 2 favorite sims:

Russell Smith: He has achieved his lifetime want of woohooing 20 sims. He is at the top of the architect career. He is the town artist. And the only girl he dates
Debby Woodbeck (my self sims): She is close to achieving her lifetime want of woohooing 20 sims. She is not quite at the top of her Oceanography career. She is also the town's wine maker (which seems to take up a lot more of her time and keeps her from achieving her lifetime want and top of her career).

I also recently bought the whole original series of Dark Shadows and watching it. So the newest family in my hood are the Collins. They are living in a very nice mansion while I recreate Collinwood. Since Barnabas is a vampire, Quentin a werewolf and Angelique a witch, I can now try out the supernatural aspects of the game.
Test Subject
#799 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 8:56 PM
Theses are names from my hood:

[First Name] [Last Name]
Thunderbird Samuels
Tornado Samuels
Abomination jnr Goodman
Abcdefghi Goodman
Jurassic Park
Mcdonald Berger
Jonathan Berkley
Instructor
#800 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 2:45 AM Last edited by Emperor Crat : 15th Jun 2017 at 5:09 PM.
Uh... Interesting names DP_sensei... How do your child sims cope at school?
"Tornado Samuels" "McDonald Berger"

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Page 32 of 33