Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 12:44 AM
Default WCIF Animations, maybe similar to adventurous ones!
Hey there! I again have another question:
I am sure a lot of you know the amazing machinimas of vinnyvis. He is actually only doing Tomb Raider machinimas with sims 2 and he uses so pretty awesome animations in his video. Now I wanted to ask I anyone knows where to get the animation that starts at 1:06:34 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByILNvTui88 or also the one that starts at 14:50. Actually all the animations that are used in this video are just astonishing. However, I have no idea where to find them since vinnyvis won't answer any of my messages. To cut it short, actually I am looking for animations that fit in adventurous scenes, such aus shooting, jumping, falling, climbing, also some face overlays, maybe an animation where a sim is being blinded and hold its hand in front of its face... I downloaded almost every animation box on modthesims that I liked but I was wondering I there were some more of them out there! Perhaps, is there even a list with the best animation boxes for the sims 2 ? Could you recommend some?
I really appreciate any help, even if it is just a small hint, but I am desperately looking for some cool animations for my sims!
Poses would be nice as well!

By the way: There is also a cool tomb raider animation box: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25GX...2C86C6&index=26
However, I cannot watch the video in my country. Does someone know where to find it somewhere else?

I'd be very happy if someone could help!
Thank you very much in advance!
Best wishes!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 3:38 AM
There's a shooter animation box here and there's a pretty large list of animation and pose boxes on the content list. There's another list here, including one or two tomb raider boxes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 11:04 AM
Thank you very much! That is great! If someone knows some more boxes, please let me know! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 12:04 PM
Be careful with poseboxs, to many of them may end up crashing your game or killing it.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 12:12 PM
Alright, thanks But why is that so?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 12:50 PM
That advice would probably be true for those with already rather crappy computers or using heavy CC-lots. And then it's probably not the fault of the poseboxes, but the heavy lot causing the crash. Or you just found yourself a bad posebox. Recording movies is also heavy on the game performance, particularly if you use the ingame camera. Not even my rather crappy laptop from ages ago managed to crash from too many poseboxes (it crashed, but usually from too much CC or medium to somewhat heavy lots).

I've got between 150 and 300 poseboxes in my game, with as much as 50 placed on a medium heavy lot, and my game has so far has not crashed because of poseboxes. The only poseboxes that ever crashed my game with 100% certainty had something wrong going on in the internal workings, and they only made the game crash if I clicked them or placed them.

Now, if you have 20 sims doing animations from a box, then maybe the game would crash. But it's more likely the 20 sims would be the cause of the crash, than it being the poseboxes (Poseboxes are essentially just a box with 6 polygons - which isn't particularly heavy for the game - and it only calls on the animation when you click to play the pose. A sim can be somewhere in the 4000-100000 polygon range, depending on their hair and what they're wearing - the more polys, the more the game has to render, the more memory the game needs, and the more likely you'll get a crash sooner or later). The heavy lot with lots of CC on it could also have the plame for the crash, or just too much CC altogether in the game, or a bad piece of CC, or... well... There are lots of reasons for a game crashing.

Anyway, GoS has a long pose/animation box list here: http://digitalperversion.net/garden...hp?topic=1082.0
You might find something useful there
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 1:47 PM
Thank you, that's perfect!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 1:32 PM
Hey there Still got another question: Could some tell me where the animations in this video is from? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByILNvTui88 You can see it at 43:31!
I think it is an animation from maxis in the sims game itself since you can also see some facial expressions during that animations, and custom animations often don't have facial expressions.
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xXToastyXx
Hey there Still got another question: Could some tell me where the animations in this video is from? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByILNvTui88 You can see it at 43:31!
I think it is an animation from maxis in the sims game itself since you can also see some facial expressions during that animations, and custom animations often don't have facial expressions.

It's probably a custom made animation that was used specifically for the film. I know vinnyvis and sim2fan make their own animations a lot, and most are never uploaded :/ You can make your own animations with Milkshape, SimPE and some tools. Check out the tutorials on youtube, they tell you everything you need to know and do