Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 1:56 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims built in bodyshop do not show in game
I built a sim in bodyshop, packaged it to a file. I used Clean Installer to install it, but the sim is not showing up in my game.

I can download sims and hair and they show up fine, but not my sim. I checked the file with clean installer, and everything seems to be in there.

Also, I tried to install it into an anygame. All of the cc installed, but not the sim.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 2:08 AM
Where are you looking? Sims should appear in CAS.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 2:12 AM
Yes, I am looking in CAS. Sorry I didn't make that clear.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 8:14 AM
Are you looking in the right age category? I know I've spent ages frantically looking for sims only to discover they're elders and I'm looking in the adult category.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 11:39 AM Last edited by simgrl1934 : 24th Jun 2013 at 11:51 AM.
I will check that now. I did check teens and even the opposite gender, you know, just incase, lol. I clicked on every custom sim I have in those categories because sometimes the thumbnails are of a different sim.

*edit- i checked elders, nope, not there.

Thank you both for trying to help
Site Helper
#6 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 5:04 PM
Are you sure that the files are being installed in the right save game? Sometimes, the Clean Installer gets information from the registry which is for an administrator account on your computer.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 5:52 PM
Yes, I'm sure. It says my C:\Users\myname\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\ . Mine is the only account on this computer.

I have also tried installing to the savedsims file, on my main game, and on an anygame.

Here is a pic of the file, maybe you can see if something is missing?

Site Helper
#8 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 7:23 PM
You've got me stumped. It sounds like you're doing everything correctly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 8:37 PM
Ok, thanks anyway
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 11:44 PM
well thank goodness someone else is having this exact same problem, I made a lovely girl in bodyshop and went into CAS and she wasn't there, I have been trying to fix this for days now and have just about given up

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
- J. Krishnamurti
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 1:47 AM
Ok, so I am a complete idiot, lol. I had clicked young adult instead of adult. I guess when I go to uni I will have about 10 of the same sim in CAS, lol.

Sim of something, I would check to see if you may have done the same thing, lol. Also, check the other Sims you have in CAS, sometimes the thumbnails are different than the sim. I even have thumbnails of female sims in the male bin, but when you choose them they are a male.

Thanks for your help everyone
Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 8:05 AM
Glad you found them! I should've added that you'd need to go to CAS in a Uni subhood to check the YA age group. If you delete the files in the Thumbnails folder, the game will make new ones, which should solve that problem.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 11:23 AM
Ok, thank you!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 12:01 PM
I thought about posting yesterday was she a YA, as I did that once; then I thought nah other people are smarter than I am lol. Glad you found her.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved