Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 5:46 PM
Default Disneyland Park
I have wanted to make a small one lot version of Disneyland for a very long time, containing all of the things you think of when you think of Disneyland. Its quite a challenge with a 50x50 lot, and i'm looking for feedback to see if i've covered everything a lot needs to capture the feel of Disneyland. I've tried to make a generic disneyland rather than base it on any specific park but if it was based on one more than any other it'd be Disneyland Paris - as it is particularly small it seemed to make sense.
i have seen that there is already a post here for the Castle itself, and the creator has done some amazing work. Mine is fairly similar for the simple and obvious fact that two versions of the same thing will always look pretty similar. But that's just a disclaimer to try and avoid some of the comments about copying/plagiarising etc etc. There are diofferences, and i am still actively working on it to hone it.
I'm particularly looking for any clever ideas i havent thought of, any essential Disney experiences or things i've not included , some crucial disney custom content i may have missed or indeed any comments you have for me
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 5:53 PM
Default more pictures
here's some more images to give an idea of what im working on. I have done an underground pirates of the carribean style rollercoaster using the store content, but it's in fantasy land because i loved that snow white train thing when i went to Disney
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 5:56 PM
I love the similish Disney sign you have up.

Suggestions- make Main Street much wider, and set it back behind an entrance gate that looks like the train station.

Add more trees and make the side buildings bigger so that they can hold things like shops, arcades, etc.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 6:10 PM Last edited by dangmal : 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I love the similish Disney sign you have up.

Suggestions- make Main Street much wider, and set it back behind an entrance gate that looks like the train station.

Add more trees and make the side buildings bigger so that they can hold things like shops, arcades, etc.

oh i'm glad you like it it's hard to make logos in simlish cause there's only two fonts out there so i made it from scratch. I won't use either of these photos in the final release as they feature the Disney castle created by the talented Devea - have a look at his own castle build here http://modthesims.info/t/520551- it's more accurate than mine and larger and generally more impressive. I used it to try out the look of the billboard and will update them when my castle and park is complete... i also broke the first rule of the simming community by not giving proper named credit to the creator, Sorry Devea!

Thanks for your feedback! to respond, i tried to think how things look from a sims eye view as thats how i play... mainly at ground level. because i can't use too much more space to make main street longer without making the main square look too cramped, ive made it very narrow to make it look longer. there are already too large shops on either side of main street, which look like lots of little shops but are actually two big ones. on the left is going to be an arcade and the right shop will sell souvenirs and things
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 12:29 AM
Default Disneyland map!
i was thinking about trying to squeeze the haunted mansion and tomorrowland in, as well as the grand entrance round the front, but thought that if i could, it would be better to try and do it over several lots. If i can find a nice flat world to place it in with no roads - any suggestions?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 3:18 AM
I'm just curious why you used a 50x50 lot, when you could have gone with 64x64? It's an amazing lot just as it is,
but you'd have more room for tomorrow land on a bigger lot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 10:07 AM
oh thats a good point! i used the biggest lot in sunset valley and assumed that was 50x50 but i havent actually checked that... i'll have a look
Instructor
#8 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 11:41 AM
I love this project!
I think that the biggest lot in SV is 50x50 indeed, but other neighborhoods have a few 64x64. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the pink wall surrounding the whole lot, I feel like a tall cast iron fence with a hedge before it would look cuter, but then again I've never been to Disney so if that's what it is, go for it.
Please make the Haunted Mansion The Paris one isn't even that big and could fit in easily.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 12:43 PM Last edited by dangmal : 1st Jul 2014 at 11:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gabrymato
I love this project!
I think that the biggest lot in SV is 50x50 indeed, but other neighborhoods have a few 64x64. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the pink wall surrounding the whole lot, I feel like a tall cast iron fence with a hedge before it would look cuter, but then again I've never been to Disney so if that's what it is, go for it.
Please make the Haunted Mansion The Paris one isn't even that big and could fit in easily.

Thankyou! well i've really struggled to find a world that is large and flat enough to comfortably house a 64 x 64 sized lot - i want enough room around it to be able to landscape it to disguise the squareness of the lot. i guess one medium sized world surrounded by trees and flat so that i could put multiple lots together might be ideal but for now im going to see what i get when i place this 50x50 lot on a 64 x 64 sized lot

p.s original meshes for giftshop postcards and tshirts by Around the sims - amazing work from the creator there
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:01 AM
Default ...i've gone for an extension
I've put another 64x64 lot behind the other one so that i can extend it. There's a gap between them but i think i can disguise it. I'm going to use the Pirate ship from Barnacle bay to make the restaurant they have in Adventureland that is themed on captain hooks ship. Then I'll make a mountain for the runaway train ride and put in the haunted mansion. Tommorowland is a bit too difficult to include as i haven't seen much custom content that fits that theme. I found an awesome snow white costume that i may try and retexture and im going to see if i can somehow make her a NPC that sort of hangs around greeting guests but i have NO idea how to do that
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:27 AM
P.S, i should say that anyone who wants to create their own disney themed posters or signs or anything else, here is the Disney simlish logo for you to use freely. If you want to create a link back to whatever you create on here (if it's allowed) or message it to me, or put it on the wcif i have posted for this project, feel free
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 10:44 PM
WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THIS?
I can NOT contain my excitement!!!
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 3:06 PM
Guys where exhaust disneyland paris x ts3?
Forum Resident
#14 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 7:39 PM
Quite the ambitious project, but amazing work so far. Will you be utilizing that store content that allows for roller coasters?
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 8:14 PM
Love it!!
Theorist
#16 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 2:12 PM
It looks awesome so far, well done.
Quote: Originally posted by dangmal
Thankyou! well i've really struggled to find a world that is large and flat enough to comfortably house a 64 x 64 sized lot

Well for my amusement park section of my game I decided that a lot - even a 64x64 one - wasn't enough to do justice to the theme, so I have used the world Glenvale City as a theme park hood. I suggest using that, as it's flat and has enough 64x64 lots, both on concrete and grass I believe.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 5:13 AM
Guys, please don't resurrect dead threads. The OP hasn't checked in since July. Locking this for now. Dangmal, if you would like to resume working on this, please post in Creator Issues and we'll unlock it for you.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Locked thread