Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 9:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Free Time
Default Custom Content won't show up- could it be related to which drive I put ts2 on?
I recently reinstalled sims 2 on my laptop, but instead of putting it back in my almost full C drive, I installed onto my D drive instead. The game runs just fine and there is plenty of room to add the other expansions I own, but I can't get custom content to show up no matter what. The only folder I can find to put the content in is still under documents/EAgames/sims2/downloads; the folder where the game is installed doesn't have places for the save files and such.

I've tried troubleshooting using the wiki but no CC is showing up no matter what I've tried. My downloads folder was stored on my desktop between uninstalling and reinstalling, so I thought that might be the cause of the problem, but I tried downloading something new directly into the game's downloads folders and it still didn't show up.

Could this be related to the fact that the game is installed in a different place than the folder, or does that even matter? The game plays perfectly fine but I can't seem to fix my problem.

Thanks for the help!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 10:01 PM
My game is on D drive but my content is under Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims 2/ Downloads which I believe is C drive. Does your Download folder start with a capital 'D'? Have you told your game to show CC? Are you on Windows 7 and are you using the correct EA Games folder? Windows 7 makes two.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 1:16 AM
Just double checked. The folder is capitalized, I've told the game to show CC and restarted like the help wiki suggested but after three restarts it hadn't worked. I've checked all the EA games folders I could find on my computer. I'm using windows 7 and it puts the game's folder under my user documents, the one in the general documents is empty.
I might try toggling CC and restarting the game a few more times, but other than that everything is the same as it had been before my re-install.

Sorry if the user part didn't make sense, basically everything is in the same place as it had been before only now it doesn't work.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 1:19 AM
Is all cc not showing or only some? CEP is needed for recolours.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 1:23 AM
I tested it with the entire downloads folder and with just the hair subfolder because I don't have any other EPs installed yet so a lot if it couldn't show up anyway. It's more like the game doesn't recognize that I have any CC in at all. Nothing shows up in any menu-- hair, clothes, build or buy.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 1:26 AM
The base game doesn't recognize sub folders. If all the cc you have is in a sub folder that would be why it isn't showing.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 1:31 AM
it will be ok once I add one of the EPs right? When I had uni, free time, seasons, and ofb it worked fine. I like to have my downloads pretty organized so if I want to delete something I can find it easily.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 1:36 AM
I'm not sure what EP introduced sub folders. It might have been Night Life or OFB, but I'm not at all sure.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 1:38 AM
I'll be adding both so it doesn't really matter. Thanks for the help! you saved me the tears of having to play a CC free game. Yikes.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 2:30 AM
I hope so. Install your Eps and then see if it's working.

~Call me Jo~