Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
#126 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 3:45 AM
What going on here ? I was walking along real slow on the road , for I am a turtle when Mr. Frog told me about something called Sim3. It took me years to find sims2, but now I have to travel to find Sims 3. I guess I will go back and start all over again. Ok that mean I must find sims 1 and work myself back up to Sim 3. hahahaa lol

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
#127 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 5:53 AM
Quick question, when you say no plumbob, do you mean just game shots or do you also include anything drawn that is supossed to be a plumbob?

Thanks
Test Subject
#128 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 8:10 AM
I am waiting for the new coming
Test Subject
#129 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 8:43 AM
Yay! We will still have MTS2 that is great.

I still have to get FT/BV and the other EP as well but I need to get some more ram and memory. I have enough but I want my games to run better so we will see.
Instructor
#130 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 11:40 AM
OK second draft, I haven't yet added any text etc, I first wanted to come up with a workable logo.

Again, will need some 'tweaking' as doesn't size down well. (I am not good at doing 'small' logo's )

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#131 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 3:47 PM
Vampire_of_Death, nothing that looks like a Sims plumbob. You could use a diamond with less vertical slices though.

comcal, the Create it, Share it, Play it is only for the MTSi logo - not the others.

FifthAce, thats a pretty large plumbob in the middle...

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#132 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 5:13 PM
No text in the middle? Dammit. This is the idea I was working on, but I'll go back to the drawing table.

Field Researcher
#133 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 5:17 PM
I have to add my two cents in for a Sims 1 section as well. There are still some of us here and its really made me sad that so much of the How To of the game seems to be lost in the flow of time. I started poking my nose into modding shortly before getting Makin' Magic. I made a lot of walls and floors (now lost), one couch and a dress that could only be called a wasp-waist with a lot of horrible recolors. There is a lot of the time even now that Sims 2 seems overwhelming, and just wanting to get back to the simple games. (I still love SimTown and SimTower) There have been times that I have wanted to get back into Sim 1 modding if for no other reason than just the challenge but there is hardly anywhere to find those of similar mind.

Thank you Delphy and the Mod crew, from the bottom of my big heart, for giving us Simmers and Modders a home to gather in and feel welcome. I still remember the day I found MTS2 when I had been looking for the old Mod the Sims and I was blown away by how friendly the people were and how willing to share their knowledge and creativity. Even now, every day I still feel the same. There has never been a site that I have visited so regularly for anywhere near the length of time that I've been on Mod (other than my email). Thank you for giving so generously, you have truly enriched my life in more ways than I can imagine.

I am very pleased to know that Mod is going to be here for Sims 3. At the moment I'm not planning on getting it, mostly because I'm hardly anywhere near being done with Sims 2! I will look forward to seeing what the creators will come up with under the new game, knowing that Mod's high standards will continue. I remember that custom content for Sims 1 could really be hit or miss, and one reason why I cherish Mod so much because I don't have to worry about it.

Perhaps with luck we could celebrate a 10th anniversary together!
Instructor
#134 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 5:44 PM
I have to say I like yours best from all the options that were posted recently, anhellica!
I'd say that we should not have such a shiny and glossy logo, it wouldn't really fit the sites' style. Did you ever notice that most of the very successful and popular pages as e.g. Google, Youtube or tripadvisor have very simple and plain logos and designs. In my opinion the more shiny and sleek a site is presented the less professional and creative is the idea behind it...
Just my opinion .

P.S.: I never found out how to make such glossy stuff. Even though I don't like it everywhere I'm interested with what programs you can make such effects.
I'd be glad about some tips!
Forum Resident
#135 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 6:07 PM
Jon, you can find 3D filters like that for PS, or you can make your own by stacking gradient layers and changing their transparency style and opacity. It takes some practice (and it doesn't always work the way you'd hope it would), but it's a good skill to have. (Comes in handy a lot more than you'd think.)

I agree with you on the logos. Especially scalable logos. Too much gloss can muddy up the design at smaller sizes. I've got some ideas, but I'll probably have to wait until next week to start on them.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#136 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TickleOnTheTum
Have you all heard:

Parsimonious and others who attended the Creator Week at EA have revealed that The Sims 3 is set to lack the capacity to import custom textures and meshes!!!!!!! It won't be built into the game.

So unless EA changes this in a later EP we will be stuck with the objects and clothes that EA gives us, and just the ability to recolour them using EAs supplied textures/patterns.
lol, it may be more challenging, but them smart peoples like Dalfee will beat it into submission - after all, when TS2 came out, we could import custom meshes, textures, hacks etc. but we couldn't make them. All we had the tools to make were Bodyshop recolours and walls/floors.

We(they) did the rest our(them)selves. EAxis have always pulled the silly regarding custom content, in comparison to other companies.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#137 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 6:46 PM
TickleOnTheTum: Yes, I've heard. And? We didn't have the ability to import custom meshes into the Sims 2 either and objects couldn't be done either.

So, I don't see that anything is really that different from the Sims 2 in this regard.

jon119 is correct about the logo - I dont want anything too fancy or glossy. Something simple is good.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 7:36 PM
These are great news! Thanks Delphy, MTS is great!
Hurray for The Sims 3 and Delphy!
(they totally gotta put Custom Content best&biggest host: Delphy in the credits)
Test Subject
#139 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 7:45 PM
Mod the Sims ROCK!!!! :D

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Test Subject
#140 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 7:59 PM

Hey, glad to hear MTS is to live longer! The above is an idea I came up with. If you like it I will create the rest of the images.
Instructor
#141 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissingStudios

Hey, glad to hear MTS is to live longer! The above is an idea I came up with. If you like it I will create the rest of the images.

Pleased that MTS is staying.

I like it its simple, but looks gr8 and seems to have what the logo needs.

I like a lot of them but i agree with the fact that simple logos can be the best.

Maby its about time i learnt how to make good logo's/ banners cus i think my display pic could do with a revamp.

Check out my own site click HERE
Field Researcher
#142 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 8:36 PM
so if we are puting the name of the site on the banner do we put modthesims.info or mod the sims 2..I'm sorry that it is a dumb question but im really not sure what to put.
Test Subject
#143 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 8:42 PM
Hello,

finally! I love modthesims without the 2 and wondered for years what the 2 would be good for when it comes to 3! Bye bye "2" :-).

I really love modthesims... it's the place I got to know downloads, it's the place where I learned recolouring, it's the place where I am going to learn meshing!

@delphy
one thing... did I get it right in your first post: you shortend modthesims to MTSi?
This doesn't sound right to me... cause i am used to mts... and as far as I read wcifinds... its almost mts already... why not stick to it... this site is just too important to be shortend with 4 letters!

I am looking really forward for the upcoming changes. And uhm... tsr showed how to now do it.
But I know here are the real gamelovers and I am convinced you'll make it much better :-). But be warned... I expect high quality, because... I am used to it here :-).

A big thank you to everyone making mts such a comftable, knowledge and quality sharing place. Go ahead!

Greetings lichtje
Test Subject
#144 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lichtje
@delphy
one thing... did I get it right in your first post: you shortend modthesims to MTSi?
This doesn't sound right to me... cause i am used to mts... and as far as I read wcifinds... its almost mts already... why not stick to it... this site is just too important to be shortend with 4 letters!

I think the MTSi refers to what the domain will be after the switch over. (http://www.modthesims.info)
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 10:48 PM
I was wondering about this. Thank you for clearing it up! You're the best! =D
I have an idea for the new logo, so I'll try to submit a piece or two when I can.

Maximus Laboratories: We do what must because we can.
Test Subject
#146 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 11:06 PM
Sweet! I was getting a little worried that those of us who won't be able to up grade to TS3 (computer phail) would be left in the dust....

Thanks~ b^_^d

"Knowledge is power.
Power leads to corruption.
Go to school. Be evil.
Instructor
#147 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 11:11 PM Last edited by d4nny : 23rd Jan 2009 at 11:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by glimmer_2
Sweet! I was getting a little worried that those of us who won't be able to up grade to TS3 (computer phail) would be left in the dust....

Thanks~ b^_^d

Is there systems requirements released yet or not?

im hoping my pc should handle it

Ive resantly upgraded the power supply and the graffics card to a GeForce 9600GT

Also when you upgrade the site Delpy on are profile would it be a good idear having the same profile but like a button for sims 2 stuff and button for sims 3 stuff if u have both.
Im sure you will have had a great, or will have idear how to have it.

Check out my own site click HERE
Instructor
#148 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 12:05 AM
Thank you for the advice, sweetswami!
I just downloaded the free program Inkscape and it seems to be quite useful, much better for creating such logos and icons than Paint.NET.
I already have some ideas and I hope that they'll not be too glossy for your taste, Delphy! :D
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#149 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 12:28 AM
TickleOnTheTum - They haven't said that, and if you read Kate's full report she actually indicates that they have said the opposite. They're not giving us the tools to do it but they believe we'll figure it out eventually, just as we did for TS2. It will just take some time and effort, but if the game's worth modding to that level, someone will figure out how.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#150 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 3:13 AM
so the dormain name changes will be in affect the day the sims 3 releases?
Page 6 of 17