Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#51 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 4:25 AM
I thought there were supposed to be 10 EPs because of the 10 placeholders...

Then again, there's a rumor floating around the official boards that there are seven (or something) more after Pets. I don't know the source, as I just heard it the other day, so it's probably just that: a rumor. I'd rather stick with the 10 EPs because of the 10 placeholders.

Either way, Showtime is the 6th EP.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Advertisement
Is Claeric
#52 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lexylu
No one is getting angry about singing and DJ-ing, those sound like interesting and cool features, but it seems to me like EA is trying to make us pay twice for one expansion, after the trailer many people thought that singing will be a part of Late Night but EA just got us hooked on an idea, obviously so that they can now make a double profit.

That is what I mean!! "people though it would be a part but then it wasn't" so now they think that it's a ripoff...I dont think "being a stage performance" means the same as "night life clubs and the city". People see "bands in late night" and go "oh well why didnt they give me all kinds of performance art!!!" but that isnt what late night was about. :\

It is like crying if they make a vacation expansion because they already made world adventures. World Adventures is about WORLD ADVENTURES, not going on vacations with spas and campgrounds and mountain hotels and outdoor games and stuff. Late night is about THE LATE NIGHT, not being on stage performing!!

They are two different expansions, it is dumb to say they should have made one super expansion with late night.
Instructor
#53 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:42 AM
I think its more about the amount of stuff they coulda/shoulda packed into one EP instead of giving us multiple EPs that are similar, even if only slightly so.

For me, its seemed like each EP for TS2 made it almost an entirely new game with the amount of features each one added. For TS3, it seems like the EPs are a little... thin. Especially when they come out with a new EP that does seem like most of the features would have been logical to include in one of the previous EPs to beef it up a little.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't want one EP about clubs, bands, city life, celebrities, and another about stage performing, fame (if its a separate deal, which I really hope it isn't), and other similar features... Just like I wouldn't want one EP to be all about pets, and then have another come out about farmlife - or one EP to be about hobbies and another about sports. It ends up with me spending a lot more money in exchange for features that are all related to each other, and leaves a lot more to be desired. I want one EP to be about pets, one about urban life, one about vacation/travelling, one about magic/paranormal/extraterrestrial, one like OFB, one like University.... etc, etc. A very DIFFERENT set of features/added gameplay for each one.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#54 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 6:11 AM
Where'd you hear about Las Vegas? While a city (AGAIN) would be annoying, vegas style would seem appropriate, since we don't have a desert to live in yet.

Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
I don't think they're talking witches and wizard magicians, I think they're talking stage magicians. Less Harry Potter, more Siegfried and Roy.

Well, the shot we have of magic now alludes to a bit more than stage magic, but it should be exactly how is was explained before - being a master magician. Starting with basic tricks, and via books, you get better and better, learn more and more tricks and then you learn actual magic. Maybe not on the level of the magic of MM, or even AL, but you'd still have Stage Magic, and the ability to do tricks, and spells (basic and not so basic) or enchant things.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#55 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Scarity
That is what I mean!! "people though it would be a part but then it wasn't" so now they think that it's a ripoff...I dont think "being a stage performance" means the same as "night life clubs and the city". People see "bands in late night" and go "oh well why didnt they give me all kinds of performance art!!!" but that isnt what late night was about. :\

It is like crying if they make a vacation expansion because they already made world adventures. World Adventures is about WORLD ADVENTURES, not going on vacations with spas and campgrounds and mountain hotels and outdoor games and stuff. Late night is about THE LATE NIGHT, not being on stage performing!!

They are two different expansions, it is dumb to say they should have made one super expansion with late night.

I agree that Late Night and Showtime are two different expansions in theory, but it was EA and not us who tangled them together. Knowing that they are gonna release Showtime later on they still decided to put celebrity system, bands and film career in Late Night. Maybe they thought that clubbing and vampires weren't enough, but instead of focusing on expanding the city experience and night life activities THEY decided to join it with the idea of Showtime. I think that they should've either keep those two themes seperate and really work on them or connect them all the way.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 6:46 AM
"Send your sims to a friend's game and have your friends' come visit you"

Ever since TS1 I always wanted a feature like this, that you can actually visit online other friends. However, imagine all the complications. So, assuming that the feature is as described, that you can go to someone else's game online, you would need a decent connection speed. Also, how will CC be managed? I can't see this feature succeeding at all if it is a requirement to not have any CC installed or it will crash your game or your friends' game. So all of that, on top of the game's performance (which varies from user to user), I am really wondering and anxious to see what the hell is EA planning for this.

Yes, I too am mad that this should've been included in Late Night, and that this EP doesn't have nearly enough content to be an EP. Someone mentioned before that no one complained when TS1 Superstar came out and it was a "The Sims Hot date expansion expansion". That is utterly wrong. TS1 Superstar gave us a completely new career and its own town in which you could actually see your sims work at. Hot Date was just that, dating and downtown with restaurants, clubs, etc. I don't see where you could have gotten that idea off.

Point is, I am really curious to see how EA is gonna pull off the "visiting friend's Sims game online" feature.

"And every now and then people find the bugs, and they interpret those as cool failures in the Sims terms. For them it's like a treasure hunt, you know." Will Wright

The thing you have to love about the Sims community ----->Its creativity.
Test Subject
#57 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 7:04 AM
I don't plan on buying this EP if it's what it says it is. The careers sound like repeats of what we already have and I don't want my game to prompt me to post to Facebook every time my Sim does something they always do anyway.

If the karaoke machine is all it has going for it, it won't be worth what they're going to charge for it. Still, I guess I won't know my official opinion until it's officially out in the open.
Scholar
#58 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 7:19 AM
I sort of took the "send your sims to your friends and have their sims come to you" as just that. That doesn't imply you'll actually be playing in your friend's hood. I was assuming you'd send them a sim, they'd get a "SO AND SO has come to visit" notification and be able to play your sim, they'd send you a sim back, and you'd get a "SO AND SO has come to visit" and would be able to play their sim.

You know, the SavedSims feature. Only with Facebook.
Theorist
#59 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jcalispupo01
"Send your sims to a friend's game and have your friends' come visit you"

Ever since TS1 I always wanted a feature like this, that you can actually visit online other friends. However, imagine all the complications. So, assuming that the feature is as described, that you can go to someone else's game online, you would need a decent connection speed. Also, how will CC be managed? I can't see this feature succeeding at all if it is a requirement to not have any CC installed or it will crash your game or your friends' game. So all of that, on top of the game's performance (which varies from user to user), I am really wondering and anxious to see what the hell is EA planning for this.<snip>
I think the passport thing is just going to be the usual rabbit hole/story progression system that's in the game now with your friends game being the rabbit hole. The copy of the uploaded sim will just be an NPC in their game, probably with some programmed actions that occur randomly with no real thought behind it and nothing to really differentiate them from any other sims on "tour"--kind of like how the prom event in Generations is, a set scenario that doesn't really change no matter who attends. I don't actually have Generations so I could be wrong about the prom but that's what it sounds like from reading the forums. I don't know, maybe they'll even rate your venues or something like that while they're there. And I imagine when they "come back" it'll be similar to when kids come home from boarding school.

If there's much more to it than that (well besides the facebook/twitter spam) I'll be shocked.
Inventor
#60 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 9:05 AM
I am so annoyed that we get magic and it's not 'real'. My Harry Potter sims are sad. (Draco's father will hear about this!)
I'm happy about the singers and DJs though. But really, shouldn't that have been in Late Night? And the social junk needs to go. There better be an option to switch it off.
Instructor
#61 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 9:35 AM Last edited by MrsNervousSubject : 7th Dec 2011 at 2:12 AM.
On the CC sliders, etc etc etc etc with Passport - It's probably:
a) Your sim is packaged with everything (kaboom! goes your neighbourhood)
b) CC Free but the facial structure stays the same as long as you don't attempt to change it (I'm pretty sure this is what happens now?)
c) Something all of the above with the added features of not only destroying your game, but updating you about it as you go!

Facebook Status
"Such and such has come to visit - onoez secret-hidden-ninja-creepy doll from the exchange has managed to attach itself like a leech to your file. Abandon ship, Abandon ship!" -Corruption-
" EA Team likes this"
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 10:05 AM
Trailer is official Credit to Simgoodie for posting it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...d&v=s89XptslBUU
Pictures on Sim Goodies Site
http://www.simgoodie.com/2011/12/the-sims-i-rampelyset/
Also listed on The Official US Sims Site
http://thesims.com/en_us/the-sims-showtime#photos
Amazon listing also has the trailer
http://www.amazon.com/Sims-3-Showti...23158770&sr=8-1

Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face for you to frown, But it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch slap that mother@#?!&! up side the head!
Scholar
#63 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
What if SHT included open restaurants and spas? Do you think it'd be enough for a saving grace?

I would actually think so, which is just how desperate I am for lots that have been around since the third expansion pack from Sims 1.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 10:56 AM
• Your Sims can live the dream as Singers, Performers, Magicians, and DJs. Watch them rise to fame—or go down in flames as they perform for other Sims. Add on to late night?
• All-new social features: chat with friends, post to their walls, give status updates, and create friends lists. Ugh even more proof EA want the sims to be online - hopefully you can turn this off
• Send your Sims to a friend’s game and have your friend’s Sim come to your game! See above
• Create your own venue! Build a swanky concert hall, a massive stadium, or an indie club. How the stage is built will influence your Sims’ performance and career progression. Again, add on to Late Night
• Get a bonus venue and stage for your Sims to perform in the Limited Edition! Like the Pet Shop in Pets which is now for everyone?

Not impressed...
Mad Poster
#65 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 11:43 AM
We are getting a pull-up bar - awesome.
And, the pool-table is back.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
I think the passport thing is just going to be the usual rabbit hole/story progression system that's in the game now with your friends game being the rabbit hole. The copy of the uploaded sim will just be an NPC in their game, probably with some programmed actions that occur randomly with no real thought behind it and nothing to really differentiate them from any other sims on "tour"--kind of like how the prom event in Generations is, a set scenario that doesn't really change no matter who attends. I don't actually have Generations so I could be wrong about the prom but that's what it sounds like from reading the forums. I don't know, maybe they'll even rate your venues or something like that while they're there. And I imagine when they "come back" it'll be similar to when kids come home from boarding school.

If there's much more to it than that (well besides the facebook/twitter spam) I'll be shocked.

Agreed. Anything like having your sim fully controlled in another person's game would be totally shocking coming from EA. Yes, Prom in Generations is a rabbit hole as well. (Which completely totally pissed me off, come on, I was so looking forward to actually seeing it).

Like the other user said, this is just more proof of how much EA wants to push The Sims to be online online online. Well EA,you better just make a new name for the game, something like EA Online Simland, idk lol. The Sims is not supposed to be online, even though I like the feature. If it was to be online, then it would be a new game aside from the main titles, like what EA Land was. Don't like force The Sims 4 to be online. (That is of course assuming that there's a significant chance of The Sims 4 being online)

"And every now and then people find the bugs, and they interpret those as cool failures in the Sims terms. For them it's like a treasure hunt, you know." Will Wright

The thing you have to love about the Sims community ----->Its creativity.
Forum Resident
#67 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 12:32 PM
After looking at the trailer, I guess the EP doesn't look that bad...I just don't want the social aspects of it. I already get enough slack for liking Power Rangers. I dont want my facebook to auto update with crap like "Miko09 just finished styling his sim in a pink cropped top and knee high leather boots! FIERCE!".

For all those non-American simmers out there, is there a big push for young people to wish big instead of getting a proper education? We dont have a place for young adults to excell and expand their brains(University), but now we have a way for them to strike it rich as a singer, performer, DJ, etc?
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 12:33 PM
Same here... I'm not impressed.. AT ALL. All these should have really been part of late night. They should not have even bothered with High Rise shells with Late Night, and should have put that into another EP and call it Urban life or stuff... that features REAL apartments.

And the thing with the LE of SHT pissed me off to no end too. I got the LE Pets EP and for some reasons I still can't get the Pet shop venue to show up in my purchase history even though I followed EA's instructions / scour the forums.

Given EA's track record, I'm not confident that they will fix that for some of the users who are unlucky enough to end up with a code that doesnt work.

Caveat Emptor.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 12:51 PM
Adding on to my earlier post.
If EA had to spent development resources on social networking aspect - they may well justify that it is one of the major features of the EP itself. So even if its optional, I feel like we are still getting half of an EP and considering how thin their EPs have been... it doesn't look like much.

Part of me wished that they didn't come up with this asinine idea of social networking so that they could put in some other features instead. Features that will add gameplay depth and increase the longevity of the Sims3 itself.
Alchemist
#70 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 1:02 PM
I'm wondering if the DJ booth will be of any use in nightclubs, or if it's just for your Sim to perform with. If there's no DJ NPC like in Sims 2, it won't be much use for nightclubs.

I'm really saddened by the direction the game is going, with two EPs focused on celebrity/fame/performance careers, and the new social stuff. I've already turned off the annoying celebrity crap in my game using Twallan's mods, so I'm really not looking forward to having new ways for my Sims to be stars.

I was happy to see the pull up bar and the pool table. Well, maybe not, as now I will have to buy an EP full of features I really don't want to get a couple of new objects. And some new hairs.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 1:48 PM
If they were going to do this they should have had celebrities(fame), bands(singers), and film(performance) in Showtime and given the DJ booth, karaoke and pool table to Late Night. Then they should have fleshed out dating and social outing some more in Late Night. They could have opened up restaurants and/or the movie theater for more dating venues. I know that would have made Late Night just another Night life, but by avoiding a remake they did things half-assed.
Scholar
#72 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 1:50 PM
Figures they'd put the pool table in an EP I have no interest in otherwise.

I can just imagine the annoying autonomous actions and "wants" already just looking at that trailer!!!
Forum Resident
#73 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 2:03 PM
They used so many things from TS2...
If you look closer in the trailer there's a scene with a guy inside a round thing that keeps moving.
All the animations are from the Nightlife dancing thing... Damn EA at last make some new animations -.-

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Test Subject
#74 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elias943
They used so many things from TS2...
If you look closer in the trailer there's a scene with a guy inside a round thing that keeps moving.
All the animations are from the Nightlife dancing thing... Damn EA at last make some new animations -.-

Well, if it's like other expansions, the ability to use the pool table will come in the patch so you should be able to download one without having the game. Maybe.
Mad Poster
#75 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 2:32 PM
The fiery thing where the guy was turning, doesn't look like the one from TS2. I think he was performing with a big loop that was going around a stage - probably related to the acrobatics performance.

If, all of these new things, singing, acrobatics, DJ and magic are new skills, then it's the the same amount of skills we got with LN.
Page 3 of 73