Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 1:23 PM
Default Whine (slander is stupid)
I just turned my game off in disgust. My level 1 celebrity came home from China with a special souvenir in her belly. Baby was born, scandal ensues, she loses friendship with EVERYONE, including the baby's father and the baby herself. Yes, baby fresh home from the hospital disapproves of her own mother.

This "lose-friendship-over-slander"-thing should only affect aquaintances, not best friends and family. The current way is ridiculous.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 1:33 PM
Was she slandered, or was it because she had a baby out of wedlock? As ridiculous as it is, having a baby out of wedlock being disgraceful is on purpose in the game. Which is why I disabled that as part of my celeb mod, because that is painfully stupid.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 1:38 PM
What! That is stupid. It's also stupid that babies and toddlers have no wants but yet are able to make moral judgement calls. I was wondering-- when a child is born out of wedlock does the male parent also get the shunned/disapproval reaction?

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 1:53 PM
My Sim gets slandered all the time and as a result, is pretty much hated by everyone. The stupidest time was when she was slandered for having a baby out of wedlock. She then had the option to 'dispel rumours' with the father of said baby. I then got the stupid 'wow, that's vicious' message....despite the fact that he knew full well that the rumours were true, and the baby was his!

Poppy was a born in game celebrity, 3 stars already because of her famous parents. Even as a child sim there was rumours pratically everyday that she had been arrested and as a result, all of her school friends hated her. Even the Butler and the maid working for her parents hated her! And because she was only a child, I had no way of suing.
As a result, she's now in her teens with only 1 friend and several people hating her. Worst thing is, the poor girl is 'good' and 'friendly' and only famous because of her parents.

I think the idea of slander is good, hell I don't even mind being falsely acussed if it's realistic. But I hate certain aspects of it.
Like hounding and booing a child whose done nothing wrong?! Fair enough teenagers and adults but child sims shouldn't be affected by slander.
And getting publically booed and refused entry wherever I go because I had some stuff taken by the repoman? . Plenty of celebs are shamed for much, much worse than that here in England and I don't see them getting refused entry to clubs.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 6:44 PM
Well, slander is the wrong word, since she really did have that baby. Vicious rumour? Smeared reputation?

I suppose it would have been too complicated to have the friendship loss applied selectively.

I'm considering getting HP's celeb mod. I know it makes the scandals more reasonable - does it also remove the loss of friendship?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 6:53 PM
My mod simply makes several of the default disgraceful actions no longer disgraceful. You may still get falsely accused (though some of the flavours lower the chances of that happening). It shouldn't affect losing friendships as a result though.