Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#376 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 5:49 AM
The poison ivy scratching drives me nuts; particularly how it clears every other action out of the queue.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#377 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by camisad0
Honestly, Bubo.

Is that his name? <cackle> I'm not surprised he ripped up the flowerbeds.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
#378 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 9:34 PM
"What's this?"
"Smell" (flowers)
"Cover Ears" (when a helicopter comes)
Lab Assistant
#379 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 10:48 PM
You know what I'm gonna say. The "What's This?" action. Every time I go into a premade house the Sim/Sims I have always do "What's This?". I like their curiosity in a weird way, but it's more annoying in some cases.
#380 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Newbie
You know what I'm gonna say. The "What's This?" action. Every time I go into a premade house the Sim/Sims I have always do "What's This?". I like their curiosity in a weird way, but it's more annoying in some cases.

I also get it when my Sims visit community lots. Geez simmies, don't be so nosy!
Lab Assistant
#381 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 11:11 PM
Oh, oh, also hate the times where random NPC dogs come along and play in my lovely designed flowerbeds which I took almost like, an hour to work on. I hope there's a mod to get rid of it, somewhere..
Lab Assistant
#382 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 4:12 AM
Whats this?
Its raining/snowing/hailing etc.
Going to hold the baby every five minutes.

I really hate whats this, my sister told me that she bought her family some hanging lights and they went to EVERY SINGLE ONE going whats this?
Theorist
#383 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 12:04 AM
Sure all or some of these have been mentioned, but....

Cooking - Especially when there is already a platter of perfectly edible food sitting out.
Splashing in a rain puddle - Unless it's a child. Adults just look silly doing this.
Turning the TV on for a few seconds and then back off - If you're going to watch it, then watch up. If not, don't turn it on at all.
Smelling the flowers - This feature has always seemed odd. It's probably due to the unnatural body positioning of the Sims.
Blocking the sun - Can we say robot arm? The timing for this movement, is off as well.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#384 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 4:13 AM
The 'play... tease' interaction. Can damage a child's relationship to a toddler, so by the time the toddler grows up, he or she will hate the kid who did the teasing. Not such a good idea when the toddler is a normal sim, but can be worse when said toddler is a plantbaby - in four days, the plantbaby will be an adult, and then he or she will be the boss. The plantbaby you tease today might be the adult who won't let you go out.
Mad Poster
#385 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 7:42 PM
I would probably LIKE "smell the flowers" but I've never seen it happen. I have lots of baby-related hacks, but inspite of "don't swarm the baby", I really have to work when the 14 baby was born in my huge household. Running that huge a number means lots of stopping to tell everyone to pee/eat/cook (since mostly they are that stupid). Then a baby is born and almost all the Q's evaporate; I redirect everyone; then everyone wants to run to SEE the baby -- which results in a mass stampeed, clogged doorways, complaining and yelling by all those stupids who are now peeing/starving/passing out. Funny the first time.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#386 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 11:35 PM
Every interaction involving the bar, my sims are alcoholics. When they spot a bar, well get ready to mop the floor because there will be some fluid other than water and alcohol.
Test Subject
#387 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 12:27 AM
The hobby idle animations, like rubbing belly when cuisine is their hobby, or doing the feet positions for dance (my two biggest annoyances), they always do this at the most inappropriate times.

Ninja appears *poof* go learn to teleport sim, "can't I'm rubbing my belly, I'll go in a sim minute or so" *poof* ninja is gone. Same thing has happened a few times with the witch doctor trying to give sims the voodoo doll, miss their opportunity and you wait around for ages waiting for the doc to finish dancing, having a bath, wanting to crack a stupid joke etc before he's willing to hand over the voodoo doll again *sigh*

PS: as for those complaining about strays, put a chew toy, scratching post and food bowl outside in some obscure out of the way place in the yard, that 99% of the time stops them from scratching/digging/destroying stuff.
Banned
#388 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 12:41 AM
Or use the visitor controller and ban all "critters."
Test Subject
#389 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 11:43 AM
Oh, it's hailing/snowing/raining.
Please.
Also, sloppy sims and farting. The reason behind not wanting sloppy sims. .__.
Scholar
#390 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 12:27 PM
For me it will always be the TV and the computer tied in first. I can't have either in my house with out having to constantly yank the sim away. The second most annoyiing thing being the phone. If people called me that much I would unplug the phone till I needed to use it.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Field Researcher
#391 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 12:32 PM
When you have twins with two cribs and the Sims keep taking the babies in and out of the cribs until the babies are exhausted and everyone is jammed up in the same room. What's with that?

I couldn't stay away from my Sims, they help my creative side come out! Taking a break from my RV life to take care of family issues, so Sims helps me to unwind. Let me know what you are up to with your Sims so I can check it out!
Banned
#392 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
. The second most annoyiing thing being the phone. If people called me that much I would unplug the phone till I needed to use it.

True. I consider that hack that prevents certain incoming calls essential. If you have more than maybe 3 or 4 friends it constantly rings. To the point you can't use it to invite anyone over or order stuff.
Scholar
#393 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MattShizzle
True. I consider that hack that prevents certain incoming calls essential. If you have more than maybe 3 or 4 friends it constantly rings. To the point you can't use it to invite anyone over or order stuff.

Oh yeah can't forget all the frustration trying to summon a nanny but my Sims can't seem to get enough time between rings to do so. Note to self: Start trying to summon the nanny as soon as the baby is born.

Why can't more Sims autonomous clean, even the cleaning they do I never had a sim randomly clean a toilet. Window yes, toilet no.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Banned
#394 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 2:54 AM
Well, I have hacks to not need nannies, too. I'd rather undergo a proctology exam via Louiseville Slugger than deal with them. That's another place EA screwed the pooch. They couldn't have possibly made the nannies worse than they did. Unless maybe they made them purposely burn the house down and kill the kids, but then that is pretty close to what they actually do.
And the thing on dogs is true too. The programmers for pets must have been cat lovers who hate dogs. I'm a cat lover and don't care for dogs, but the vast majority aren't nearly as bad as EAxis made them.
Instructor
#395 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 3:59 AM
My sim has been doing the strangest autonomous action today. He's completely in the red and I haven't been able to satisfy any of his wants so he's been taking out his pain on his girlfriend: he's autonomously slapping, poking and even attacking her! He's in 90-100s for her and I couldn't make him hurt her if I tried but he's leaping in for the kill whenever I'm clicked on another sim. The poor girl is both furious and in love with him. I wish there was a hotline number she could call...

Has anyone else ever seen this occur?
Banned
#396 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 4:37 AM
^ Definitely not normal unless he's very grouchy. There's always the break up interaction if they live together. If not you can reduce her daily/long term via boolprop but that will likely happen anyway. That's one of the non-realistic things in the game. - IRL you do that you go to jail. Attack anyone or slap a S.O that's a minimum simple assault, possible domestic violence up to attempted murder depending on circumstances. Actually you can be arrested for shoving/poking someone not to mention lawsuits...
Top Secret Researcher
#397 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattShizzle
The programmers for pets must have been cat lovers who hate dogs.

Except for the "play...toss in air" interaction for cats. I do not know one RL cat who would enjoy that and not scratch the human's face off for trying.

What really annoys me lately is when I have sims outdoors and I'm trying to get them posed for a picture and they keep doing that thing where they inhale deeply and lean back. I don't want to take their picture like that, and when I have several sims that I'm trying to pose at once it takes hours to get a shot where no one is doing that.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Instructor
#398 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 6:09 PM
I can't stand "Make the bed", "Relax" (unless it's my chose :D), "Smell the flowers", "Turn on tv/stereo", and "Write in diary".
I hate free will.
Field Researcher
#399 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by *_Drew~
I can't stand "Make the bed", "Relax" (unless it's my chose :D), "Smell the flowers", "Turn on tv/stereo", and "Write in diary".
I hate free will.

Me too! It's almost impossible to have a dictatorship with it!

What EP is "Smell the flowers" in?
Instructor
#400 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 6:44 PM
"What's this?"

HATE. IT. HATEITHATEITHATEIT. They go through the WHOLE DAMN HOUSE looking at ceiling lights! WHY? WHY do you need to look at the lights?! They're lights. JUST LIGHTS.

;^;
Page 16 of 18