Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 8:08 PM Last edited by woodlandbunny48 : 13th Oct 2005 at 8:11 PM. Reason: wrong
Cinema 4D CE
I have Cinema 4D CE and I would like to start doing meshes. I've tried BriAnna's tutorial with Milkshape and failed numerous times. I'm great at Cinema 4D and I'm wondering if anyone else uses it to make meshes or if anyone has a meshing tutorial that can be used with Cinema 4D. HELP!!! :insane:

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
I wuv my Bunny!

Visit my websites! Woodlandbunny Sims Portal
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 8:45 PM
anyone?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 9:17 PM
Default Don't Give Up
Quote: Originally posted by woodlandbunny48
I have Cinema 4D CE and I would like to start doing meshes. I've tried BriAnna's tutorial with Milkshape and failed numerous times. I'm great at Cinema 4D and I'm wondering if anyone else uses it to make meshes or if anyone has a meshing tutorial that can be used with Cinema 4D. HELP!!! :insane:

I understand your situation...as I don't use Milkshape at all nor do I use the meshtool for meshes. If you want to use Cinema 4D, you also use Wings3D (free program) to import your mesh from Cinema 4D...this way it triangulates the original mesh so it can be UV mapped and imported into SimPE without problems. It's actually pretty easy...

I can write a small tutorial for you explaining it...just let me know.

Good luck with your meshes.
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 12:07 AM
Default Thanks
I have to say that I have also wondered if I could use Cinema 4D for mesh editing as I have it and plan to start making meshes... I've tried and come across errors... I'll try Wings3D...

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Íkin léndá le uálfányú... Komáretti yi, borógáran le úš Nobuðánórus le![/COLOR]
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 10:00 AM
I never used Cinema 4D before...I use 3dsMax (which I'm most comfortable with) to make my model. Wings3D is good, but I find the interface is very different from that of 3dsMax (which is why I make my meshes in that). But I do use Wings3D to touch up and export the mesh in .obj format. Wings3D also comes with a very good UV mapper.

There is also a Wings3D tutorial listed on the tutorials page. I read it and it is very good and to the point. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 4:04 PM
thx I'll try wings 3d

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
I wuv my Bunny!

Field Researcher
#7 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 2:49 AM
thx I'll try wings 3d

Good luck!!! :bandit:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 11:10 AM
I have made my first objects mesh! I found a tutorial on Pandora Sims and used Cinema 4D for the whole thing. But there is a problem. As you can see in the pic below, parts of the bunny are seethrough (the front faces of the mesh) plus it looks like a giant golf ball!

1. How do I make it more smooth?

2. How do I make it not see-through?

Plz help! :sadpanda:
Screenshots

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
I wuv my Bunny!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 11:17 AM Last edited by woodlandbunny48 : 16th Oct 2005 at 11:27 AM. Reason: new pic
This is how I want it to look and how it should look...
Screenshots

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
I wuv my Bunny!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 5:58 PM
hello? plz help!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
I wuv my Bunny!

Instructor
#11 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 8:06 PM
Looks like you either have some faces with the normals the wrong way, or your TXMT is using some kind of transparency with the texture, and causing those parts of the item to be transparent.

Eclectic Sims The place for your younger sims and unique animated items!
Charmed Sims Archives Gorgeous Clothing, Furnishings and more.
Two great sites ALL FREE NOW!!!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 7:16 AM
This is how I want it to look and how it should look...

Your mesh looks good, but it looks like it's inside out. Try reversing the normals...I do not use Cinema4D but I assume you can still do it. As for the smooth look, try applying a smooth modifier to the mesh during editing.

If your object looks transparent, you probably cloned an object that was supposed to be transparent in the game. If it's a decoration, which it looks to be, try using the gnome. Or you could go and edit the alpha channel. There is a tutorial on this site somewhere where it explains on editing alpha. If your object is transparent, it could be because the .png file is, itself, transparent. You can easily change that with your image editing program.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 4:24 PM
ok, thanks, i'll try that! :D

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
I wuv my Bunny!

Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 10:17 PM
I used cinema 4d, and i've had that problem many a time, i use a Riptide Plugin to import and export the object as a .obj. This normally solves the problem, i think it is to do with the normals, but i just recreate the model until it works properly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 11:59 AM
what's the riptide plugin?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
I wuv my Bunny!

Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 8:43 PM
It's just an added part of cinema 4d you can get, it exports the object into a .obj the correct format for ts2. It also exports UVMapped areas, useful when uvmapping the mesh. It also imports the exported maxis meshes - Very simple plug-in, and it's the saviour of my life! Get it here >> http://www.skinprops.com/fr_c4d.htm
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 10:39 PM
thanx so much!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
I wuv my Bunny!