Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 4:34 PM
Default young adults without going to college
I saw this mod somewhere, made a mental note that I wanted it, but forgot to make a mental note of where to get it

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 4:43 PM
You're probably looking for the college pack by squinge at insim. though I might be a little off on the name. :-)
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 8:53 PM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 10:23 PM
For those not going to uni, you do not want to grow them up with Squinge's cake, that will give them a memory of going to uni. Squinge's cake is great for playing uni in the main hood, for those sims not doing uni you want the sim blender. That has the option to grow them to YA but gives no memory of going to uni. The college pack also has no memory uneducated which you may also want. I also use hire YA so that YA not going to uni can get jobs in small shops. You also need to keep track of how many days they have been YA as they have no age bar. Once they have finished their days as a YA you need to use the simblender again to make them an adult.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
For those not going to uni, you do not want to grow them up with Squinge's cake, that will give them a memory of going to uni. Squinge's cake is great for playing uni in the main hood, for those sims not doing uni you want the sim blender. That has the option to grow them to YA but gives no memory of going to uni. The college pack also has no memory uneducated which you may also want. I also use hire YA so that YA not going to uni can get jobs in small shops. You also need to keep track of how many days they have been YA as they have no age bar. Once they have finished their days as a YA you need to use the simblender again to make them an adult.

I read through the description for the mod. It said it wasn't for the faint of heart. I don't like to play too much in files other than the downloads, so I can't bring myself to try it. Thank you, though, for telling me where to go look. You rock

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Link Ninja
#6 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

@joandsarah77

Quick question, Jo -

So I have used sim blender before to age my sims to a YA. They were a ten and grew up normally to an Adult and then I aged them back to a YA. However after I would save the lot and come back - they'd be adult again. Does this happen to you (having to age them to YA whenever you play the lot) or do you have to age them to YA from teen in order for it to stay permanent until you age them up to adult?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 11:57 PM
Its not a good idea to have YA in a normal hood.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 12:55 AM
@Charmful I always age them from teen straight to YA. I haven't ever had them switch ages, but I haven't gone teen-adult-YA either.

I have no trouble with YA in the main hood, either playing them as doing uni from home, moving them into a main hood dorm, or not making them do uni at all. I've tried independent teens instead, but don't like them as much. I don't like how adult sims might try and hit on them or how they sound like adults with teen bodies. YA seems like a better age transition.

@smorbie1 you could always try it out in a test hood to see how you like it. I've used these base hood mods (both Squinge's and Lion's gold record) for a couple of years now and never had any issues. They are only files in the Download folder, nothing get's added or changed to your installation files.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
@joandsarah77

Quick question, Jo -

So I have used sim blender before to age my sims to a YA. They were a ten and grew up normally to an Adult and then I aged them back to a YA. However after I would save the lot and come back - they'd be adult again. Does this happen to you (having to age them to YA whenever you play the lot) or do you have to age them to YA from teen in order for it to stay permanent until you age them up to adult?

I have used the simblender on adults to age down to young adults. Try turning aging off. Like Jo stated you are going to have to keep track of how many days they have been YA as they have no age bar, anyway.
Link Ninja
#10 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rusty55
I have used the simblender on adults to age down to young adults. Try turning aging off. Like Jo stated you are going to have to keep track of how many days they have been YA as they have no age bar, anyway.

Turning aging off wouldn't have working in that scenario because it was a guy living with his parents and I didn't want the parents to halt their aging. Now if he had moved out then yes, thanks for that suggestion

@joandsarah77

Sorry one last question regarding your YA play - have you ever tried moving a YA sim that was doing college from home to another residential lot? I'm talking about the Squinge's mega college pack. I have a sim doing that from her family home but was going to move her to that neighborhood campus I uploaded and the game froze. I don't know if I just couldn't do it because of the hack or it was about the time of day my computer was telling me it had enough. So have you ever moved one of those YA sims to another lot successfully where they still are on the clock or did you have to restart it?

Field Researcher
#11 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 7:05 PM
Charmful, there's this mod which lets you control aging for individual Sim, not in general: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=160414
Link Ninja
#12 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vixxen
Charmful, there's this mod which lets you control aging for individual Sim, not in general: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=160414

Thanks Vixxen. That's a nifty-sounding mod, however reading through comments it doesn't work with AL (I have all EPS) and the links to the updated version ancient Highway made are broken.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 10:14 PM
I have it in my game which is up to AL and M&G, and it works for me, so it might be worth giving a try, but you should back up your game first
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
have you ever tried moving a YA sim that was doing college from home to another residential lot? I'm talking about the Squinge's mega college pack. I have a sim doing that from her family home but was going to move her to that neighborhood campus I uploaded and the game froze. I don't know if I just couldn't do it because of the hack or it was about the time of day my computer was telling me it had enough. So have you ever moved one of those YA sims to another lot successfully where they still are on the clock or did you have to restart it?

Yes you can do that. For the dorm in the main hood you use Lion's gold record. The lot is zonned as a dorm and it offers you Uni interactions. Dormies will show up and annoying mascots.

For doing uni from home without the trappings of college life (no dormies, no mascots) you have them live at home or move them to their own home or a group home, like the residential campus you uploaded. You do that using Squinge's Uni pack. I haven't yet done this, but I will be. You can see how this works on the Jessa Chanel if you find her Sims 2 videos you can see her decorating her group house and playing it a little.

I don't know about the clock, I would keep an eye on it and start it again if need be, I would assume if the clock was started at home it would probably still be going if you moved them to another residential lot. So far I have only done uni all from home or all from a base hood dorm, I haven't tried moving my at home uni student to another lot and continuing on their uni education. I know that Jessa aged them with Squinge's cake on a bare lot, moved them to her group hosue and then started the clock. Laura has played YA in the main hood longer than I have including sending them overseas, she will know more about moving them in the middle of doing uni I am sure.

I also use individual aging on and off, but it has nothing to do with YA. I don't often use it, but it's handy if you have twins whose ages got messed up by a day or you had a sim selected and they aged accidentally on a lot->cough< toddler at a home day care >cough<
So yes it works fine with all EP's.

~Call me Jo~