Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#251 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 8:56 PM
Awwh I missed it. Dang time zones. I was still sleeping but I thought I got up early enough. Guess not... >____<
Advertisement
Instructor
#252 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 8:57 PM
Default The Beach House
The Beach House

Hey Guys this is my entry to this challenge hope i'm not late The Beach House is A summer house on the beach for vacation or people who loves beach.I hope you like it.
I didn't use cc also i didn't use store contents this lot works with ( World Adventures , High End Loft and Ambition.

Detals :

Lot Prise : Furnitured : $ 204,878
unFurnitured : $ 66,483
Lot Size : 3x3

Front View

Floor Plane

https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...22-33-33-98.jpg

Living Room

Kitchen

Master Bedroom

Small Bedroom

Bath Room

Laundry Room

Out Side porch

Back View

Knight Of The Moon
Instructor
#253 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunararc
The Beach House

Hey Guys this is my entry to this challenge hope i'm not late The Beach House is A summer house on the beach for vacation or people who loves beach.I hope you like it.
I didn't use cc also i didn't use store contents this lot works with ( World Adventures , High End Loft and Ambition.

Darnit, you are too late! *cries* I really like that house too.

(Psssst... you have the foundation pointing the wrong way.)
Test Subject
#254 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 9:17 PM
Awesome. Glad I made it on.
Zombie Socks
#255 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 9:24 PM
*dumps all the hard work she put into her entry back into the bin* Goodbye house. T.T

I must say, the amount of talent people have on here is astonishing. Such high quality in such a very very very very very very very small amount of time!

Maybe next time there can be a builder challenge set up like the regular MTS challenge so that everyone can get in on it?

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Instructor
#256 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whitewaterwood
*dumps all the hard work she put into her entry back into the bin* Goodbye house. T.T

I must say, the amount of talent people have on here is astonishing. Such high quality in such a very very very very very very very small amount of time!

Maybe next time there can be a builder challenge set up like the regular MTS challenge so that everyone can get in on it?

Who is she ??????????

Knight Of The Moon
Lab Assistant
#257 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
dietdrpepperfan -

I will post up the foundation for round 2 tomorrow, in a new thread. You'll be able to begin posting round 2 houses immediately - but the deadline for round 2 will be as it was planned before - for Thursday, the 29th. This gives a bit of extra time for everyone to work on their lots - which should be a relaxing change from the rush to get in on Round 1.

Can each person who originally got in (the 70 in round one) get a reserved spot... or the people who score in the top 15 or something get a reserved spot? I just worry that I will finish after all the spots are taken... I spend days on my homes because I don't like making them all in one "crunch time." Plus, it's not like I have all day to work on the Sims! lol.

By the way, even if I'm not in the top 69, I still think it's good to have some reserved spots for those who are the best. Thanks!

Currently not able to take requests at this time... sorry!
Top Secret Researcher
#258 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mr.moo7999
Can each person who originally got in (the 70 in round one) get a reserved spot... or the people who score in the top 15 or something get a reserved spot? I just worry that I will finish after all the spots are taken... I spend days on my homes because I don't like making them all in one "crunch time." Plus, it's not like I have all day to work on the Sims! lol.

By the way, even if I'm not in the top 69, I still think it's good to have some reserved spots for those who are the best. Thanks!

I'm confused.

Is it so that the 70 on the list get to continue on or is it free for all for next round?

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Mad Poster
#259 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 10:48 PM
As far as I understood all 70 who are in are the only ones who can continue forwards with the next round of this contest. So there is no need for reserved spots next time as it wont be open to those not already taking part. Is that right?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#260 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
As far as I understood all 70 who are in are the only ones who can continue forwards with the next round of this contest. So there is no need for reserved spots next time as it wont be open to those not already taking part. Is that right?

That's what I thought... I just want to make sure so I don't stress tomorrow! :D

Currently not able to take requests at this time... sorry!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#261 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 11:20 PM
Default MTS Foundation Challenge 1 - Caliverti Castle by Simmiller
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
This is a list of those participating in the contest, with links to their entries! One entry per person, please! - If you want to do more than one entry, please post your official entry here, and any additional ones in the Chat Thread!

1. Miuki - R1
2. yorkielove1 - R1
3. Flabaliki - R1
4. armiel - R1
5. Greenlea - R1
6. Vampire_aninyosaloh - R1
7. missroxor - R1
8. Padda1794 - R1
9. Rez Delnava - R1
10. Mia138 - R1
11. Llihnae - R1
12. outburst - R1
13. Kitty Terula - R1
14. ForeverCamp - R1
15. Jhona113 - R1
16. lewisb40 - R1
17. heaven_sent_8_18 - R1
18. saku-baka - R1
19. Fyendiar - R1
20. sandymdh - R1
21. Masswo - R1
22. Twilightsimgirl123 - R1
23. lewjen - R1
24. confused_claire - R1
25. LifesLover - R1
26. fairycake89 - R1
27. Waterstar - R1
28. Alan_Gast - R1
29. cherios - R1
30. seraphime - R1
31. TheNubbyPeanut - R1
32. easypeaze - R1
33. fragglerocks - R1
34. EsotericPoet04 - R1
35. jillrp - R1
36. rosieruby48 - R1
37. kwuz - R1
38. gabrielorie - R1
39. Winterhart - R1
40. lamammaforever - R1
41. BitterSweetNoodles - R1
42. feldynn - R1
43. Beefysim1 - R1
44. Sookielee - R1
45. porkypine - R1
46. NgaX - R1
47. schitzwa - R1
48. kaylarox - R1
49. Cloudburst - R1
50. Linen - R1
51. dietdrpepperfan - R1
52. trench - R1
53. mnbmnb23 - R1
54. mr.moo7999 - R1
55. Bchbch Walk - R1
56. humjosh - R1
57. Gail.wyness - R1
58. NickelNicole12 - R1
59. Nightlight - R1
60. Neiflay - R1
61. Bgatot - R1
62. Sulyuki - R1
63. Simlicious - R1
64. PiT91 - R1
65. Freja - R1
66. Craggles - R1
67. Menaceman44 - R1
68. I-Am-La-Femme - R1
69. Kaospilot - R1
70. Misspsy - R1

Names will only be added to the list when their entries are posted - you can't reserve a spot without an actual round 1 entry.

Please do NOT post "reserving spot for entry!" type posts! Please post your entry at the end of the thread! - It's really difficult to scroll through and try to figure out whose entry is new and which I've already seen, with so many. If I know I've added entries up to a certain point and any after that are new, it makes it a LOT easier - and the thread less cluttered. Thanks!

Caliverti Castle by Simmiller for MTS Foundation Challenge 1

A little earlier on in history, England and France were at war. Admiral Jonathan Taylor, from the British Navy, decided after the war that he would like to live in France. He chose a quiet little village, Ville des Sims, brought over his wife and 2 boys, and built a modest castle of 4 floors, and called it Meridith Manor after his wife. You'll see the Caliverti connection in a moment :-)

Atop the 4th floor there is a small tower that leads onto 2 outdoor patio areas. Here, Admiral Taylor played chess with his wife and sons, enjoying the challenge and building the foundation of his family. His wife, Meridith, especially enjoyed the quiet and seclusion while gazing at the stars through their telescope. The entire family also passed the time leisurely increasing their skill in painting, and all on the 4th floor patios.

The family slept quitely on the 3rd floor which held a master bedroom and the boys' room, and a full bathroom complete with clawfoot bathtub and separate shower.

On the 2nd floor, the Taylor's danced, and the boys hung out with their friends. During the downtime, Admiral Taylor sketched, increasing his skill in architecture, with which he hoped to make extra money for his family, which of course wasn't necessary due to his lavish military pension.

Finally, the main floor of the house, saw the most activity. There was cooking in the kitchen, eating in the dining room, and reading and sipping drinks in the living room.

Meridith tried her hand at building a garden, but was, unfortunately unsuccessful, with her head stuck in the clouds.

Well, this was a very long time ago, and after the boys married and had children of their own, there were only daughters to carry on the legacy. One daughter, Evanjeline, who inherited the castle after the death of her parents, married a wealthy, savvy Italian businessman named Hugo Caliverti. Fortunately, Hugo decided to maintain much of the castle as it was, but updated the "garden" to a small orchard, which flourished and brought the family many years of riches. Everyone from around Ville des Sims became familiar with Hugo Caliverti, so the family decided to rename the castle to Caliverti Castle.

Today, Marcus Caliverti, a great-great-great-grandson of Admiral Taylor, owns the castle and has modernized it, maintaining, however, the feel and function of each floor. He has now decided he wants to live in the city. Sacrilege! However, he has the right, and so he wishes to sell to YOU!

Enjoy Caliverti Castle and all the wonders it has to bring to you and your small family.

-Sorry for the novel, but I couldn't help myself! Too much fun :-) -

As for the Foundation Challenge, there is NO Custom Content. That is always a big challenge for me because there are so many wonderful creator out there!

I hope your Sims love living here, and may their dreams come true in Caliverti Castle.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Caliverti Castle For MTS Foundation Challenge 1.rar (5.45 MB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Top Secret Researcher
#262 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44

That's what I think too, hence the 'one week to complete so no stress this time'

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Test Subject
#263 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 11:42 PM
Can i still join? i had a few problems with my sims 3 :/
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#264 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:03 AM
I unfortunately did not make the time limit. Sad thing is, I had a house ready to go and it just didn't wow me. So, I started working on the castle and totally lost track of time. It took me 2 full days to create.

No bother, though. I hope to be able to build for the 2nd challenge.
The other one
#265 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:05 AM
Nope, it finished 4 hours ago. You can post your pics on the contest chat thread (See Sims 3 Contests forum) but they won't be judged as part of the contest.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Test Subject
#266 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Nope, it finished 4 hours ago. You can post your pics on the contest chat thread (See Sims 3 Contests forum) but they won't be judged as part of the contest.

why did it end so early? this is the first time i have entered a contest on here...i thought we had until thursday to finish.
Top Secret Researcher
#267 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kikki0555
why did it end so early? this is the first time i have entered a contest on here...i thought we had until thursday to finish.

Because it was either until deadline or until the 50 spots filled up.

All spots were filled up yesterday and then they chose to extend it saying that the people who submit within the next x amount of hours is also in.

So that added 20 more spots as 20 more people submitted their entries

Test Subject
#268 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 1:08 AM
I just realised I added an extra picture of the bathroom and then realised it didn't say to show a picture of the bathroom. Should I remove one of my pictures, since I think that makes it one too many?
Lab Assistant
#269 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 1:14 AM
Default Contest-Victorian-No CC
Cassie and Dan finally were able to afford their dream home. A turn-of-the-century Victorian. They knew it wasn't perfect...not all of the rooms had been remodeled, but Cassie agreed to move in before all the renovations were complete as long as they could update at least one bathroom first. So they converted the very large butler's pantry into a laundry room and added a brand new bathroom on the first floor. Cassie is hoping she can talk Dan into demo-ing their kitchen next as it hasn't been updated since the 1950's...holy tacky linoleum!

Thanks for viewing and good luck everybody!
Lab Assistant
#270 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 1:23 AM
Default Too late?
I think I read that you closed this contest? When I checked I still had 2 days left...did I work on this house 2 days for nothing??? Now I'm sad. Couldn't you extend it for people who entered on time?

Please????
Top Secret Researcher
#271 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 1:27 AM
With so many entrants already it has to be limited somehow. Or else the judges wont even be finished with R1 before R2 is over

Scholar
#272 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
I unfortunately did not make the time limit. Sad thing is, I had a house ready to go and it just didn't wow me. So, I started working on the castle and totally lost track of time. It took me 2 full days to create.

No bother, though. I hope to be able to build for the 2nd challenge.

I just want to say that your Castle looks incredible!

I missed the deadline though I had a house done because I wanted to have a sim family test ot before uploading. Then I had to go out with my family and got back too late.

Can we enter the second round if we didn't make it into the first round or is the second round contributors only the 1st round participants?

Any official word on this? HP?
Lab Assistant
#273 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 1:44 AM
Yes, I suppose that is true....I didn't find out about the contest until late Friday so I was working my butt off to get mine done...thought I was doing good getting it done 2 days early.
Test Subject
#274 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:24 AM
Average Family House
Presenting The Average Family House.

http://s1040.photobucket.com/albums...iafilter=images

http://s1040.photobucket.com/albums...filter%3Dimages

The First Floor has 2 bedrooms, a kitchen, Dining, lving, Office/Library, Bathroom, and laundry room.

http://s1040.photobucket.com/albums...iafilter=images

http://s1040.photobucket.com/albums...reenshot-97.jpg

Up stairs is the Attic or as I am using it as a bedroom, perfect for teens who would rather be away from their family.
This home would be perfect for a family who is normal or just seems to be. Plenty of room to expand the home or ad a carport,as I did not. In this home - a first for me!- I DID NOT add any CC at all!
Lab Assistant
#275 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:51 AM
There is no need to be so rude kaylarox....if they really wanted people to see it they would have changed the info on page one so we all didn't have to wade through "oh this is so cool" and "i'm in" posts and the rude ones from people like you.
Have a nice day.

Page 11 of 12