Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 11:41 PM
Default can't get out
i followed the directions and the swimming was great , there was nothing near the ladder but no one could get out. it fell out of queue
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 8:09 PM
holy hell
... nice job!!!
Mad Poster
#53 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 9:01 AM
playboykittn,

May read back the first post about the tutorial. It has mentioned where to get the related terrain paint for the "water"

neovente,

Can you post a pic to show? I'm slow...lol...
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 6:53 PM
Just TELL us how,you don't need to inclue a file!Screenshots and WORDS would help!My computer only has [ ] this much space in it and it might be nice for everyone to be able to know how so if you know how to type(which you obviously do) then maybe you sould use text.
Test Subject
#55 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 8:05 PM
my WinRAR says the file is "curropted", can you please make a doc. or a txt. or something like that?

DWBH
"Don't Worry Be Happy" (Bob Marley)
Banned
#56 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 7:03 PM
I made a beach tutorial that included a swimmable ocean! It is locatedhere! Go easy on me, I made that last year.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 6:34 AM
uniquename,
you can turn off the image loading in your broswer(s)

lethorian91,
may try to re-download it not around the beginning of an hour to avoid a system reset that can lead to corrupted download(s).
Instructor
#58 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 5:10 AM
I think I've tried something like this before.
If this is the way to swim in lakes where you put the pool ladder on a foundation next to land in swim in land, an important warning:

My sims, when I tried this a few months ago, swam in the land and such as well, even after getting out of the "pool" via the ladder.
I'd test it again to see if it was just a hack I had, but I didn't have many hacks at the time, and I find it so annoying I'd rather not destroy a sim with it. xX;''
If you're not having this problem, then maybe it's just me, but yeah...
Mad Poster
#59 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 12:31 PM
IsolinaBlack,

May try this invisible fence to surround the swimming area to avoid sims from swimming everywhere...http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=219292

Unfortunately, there can be some hacks that can cause sims to swim out after get-out.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 3:56 AM
This looks interesting! Thanks! I will try it!
Test Subject
#61 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 12:48 PM
awesome, im glad i saw this, thank you
Test Subject
#62 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 8:06 PM
This was great!! However I had to stop using it because I couldn't get my sims to stop swimming through the house, LoL. =(
Test Subject
#63 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by niol
IsolinaBlack,

Unfortunately, there can be some hacks that can cause sims to swim out after get-out.

Yeah, that was the problem I had.
Test Subject
#64 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 5:28 PM
ahh..this is soo cute, and it's exactly what i need, but i cant open the tutorial lol. can someone give me the short version of how to make a swimmable lake? pleasee? =]
Mad Poster
#65 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 5:13 AM
xxsimslutxx,

you just have to do the followings:
1. download the file
2. decompress it just like a download
3. find the file called "swimmable_lake_illusion.htm" or "swimmable_lake_illusion" (if the extension is hidden.)
4. open/load/drag-open that file into a brower like firefox, IE or else.
5. done.
Test Subject
#66 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 2:59 AM
Amazingly, amazingly simple and easy to understand! I wish I had read this prior to pounding on m keyboard trying to figure it out myself! Thanks!

My Walmart
Could beat up
Your Walmart!
Test Subject
#67 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 7:44 AM
=(

my whole sims family is now swimming everywhere in stead of walking.

ohai, i'm marisa!
:3
Mad Poster
#68 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 2:11 AM Last edited by niol : 17th Nov 2007 at 6:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by marisa98c
my whole sims family is now swimming everywhere in stead of walking.

Quote: Originally posted by leila44444
my sims start swimming everywhere no matter how closed i make my pond, they swim in my garden, yard, house floor

http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...416&postcount=5
Test Subject
#69 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 3:50 PM
my sims start swimming everywhere no matter how closed i make my pond, they swim in my garden, yard, house floor
Mad Poster
#70 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 6:20 PM
Test Subject
#71 Old 17th May 2008 at 12:03 PM
Cool stuff! Thanks
Scholar
#72 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 6:15 AM
It's been a year and a half, but I just tried this today. Even though my Sims have the option to "Get In", they just stand on the diving board and back out — I tried it with three different Sims on the same lot.

Also, there's fish in the lake. I was wondering how this would clash with Seasons; I downloaded the terrain paint but it doesn't seem to be affecting anything.
Test Subject
#73 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 2:32 PM
Amazing! Very easy to follow. I only have base game, so I had to get the terrain paint as well (just like federiko)

happy new year everybody!
Test Subject
#74 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 8:22 AM
my swimable lake's never worked because i never knew i had to click three times!
thank you, thank you, thank you!

Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 9:13 PM
OMG! That diving board you have there is lovely!
Page 3 of 3