Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emhpb
Hrmm, you know the one we used to have in TS2, the one that adjusted the width of the head in the eye area? That would be nice. Also, forehead size, to adjust how much the forehead sticks out

Mouth size/scale if that doesn't exist already? And making the area between the nostrils bigger, without moving the nostrils themselves... xD

Also, my friend wants dimples, roflmao. Dx Sounds like it could be done by adjusting the cheek jowls... not sure.

Also, is there a way to put the existing ones in the right categories? like lower jaw height in the jaw subsection, and upper and lower lip height in the upper and lower lip sections?

Anyways, there are some ideas :D

Thanks for all that suggestions .. ok let's see .. i dont know about head width thing .. and unfortunately .. the forehead doesn't have a bone .. so i cant make sliders for it :/ sorry
Mouth scale would be possible :o .. Nostrils .. you mean .. nostrils width? .. i think that may possible .. HAHA.. i don't know about the dimples ... XD .. sorry ..

And about the categories .. i tried all tools for that .. but they keep showing up in the same location ... i don't think that its possible to make that.. sorry .. !

Ok .. for now .. i am thinking about making the [ Mouth Scale ] And [ Nostrils Width ] Sliders ... I just need another simmer to agree ..

Wow.. my comment looks so mean o.o .. i am really sorry about that.. i didnt mean to say it that way .. XD i am really sorry

and remember everybody I AM TAKING MORE REQUESTS ... SO PLEASE GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS .THANKS!

. I am a 20 years old male ..I'm not a Female .. and my name is not Bella .. as everybody think .
I used to bite .. but i don't do that anymore . Have fun! :)

Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 2:55 AM
It's okay about the categories, it was just a suggestion

And I didn't mean nostril width, I think we have that? I meant the part between the nostrils, the size of that. But it probably doesn't have a bone D; It's called the columella on real people.

Hmm, if forehead isn't possible, how about one to make the brow area stick out more? Not sure.. D:

I dunno, I'm just throwing around ideas. xD You don't have to do any of them

There's also that crease between the mouth and the nose, but that probably doesn't have a bone either, haha.

And your post wasn't mean
#28 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 2:01 PM Last edited by sleepalldaypartyallnight : 6th Aug 2010 at 3:44 PM.
Don't know if this would be possible, but one slider that would be really useful would be one that adjusted how much the top lip is indented. And another slider that controls the top lip width better, if possible. I'll make pictures explaining what I mean in a minute.

Also, gotta say how much I LOVE your facial sliders, I couldn't make sims without them. Thanks. Also, do you want me to test these remake ones? Or have they been tested enough?

EDIT:

The upper lip width slider really bugs me at the minute - it controls too much. When you alter it, it widens or narrows both the very top part of the top lip (the bit that makes the 'V') and the part near the corners of the mouth. I have no idea whether this will be possible, but what would be ideal for me would be to have two sliders controlling the two things separately. Hopefully that makes sense, the picture kinda shows what I mean. Another slider I would love is one that controls the indent in the top lip (the 'V') as you can see from the picture above, atm, the indent is affected by several different sliders (like lip width and mouth definition) which is a pain.
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#29 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 8:29 PM
@ Emhpb .. Thanks for that ! i will try to do my best .!

@sleepalldaypartyallnight ! Thanks for the suggestion .. and for the pictures ! they are really helpful !
I will see if it's possible to make that happen ! Thanks !

. I am a 20 years old male ..I'm not a Female .. and my name is not Bella .. as everybody think .

Instructor
#30 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 10:03 PM
Ah yeah, the EA upper lip width slider is HORRIBLE, if you could improve it, that would be awesome <3

And sleepallday explained the thing about the upper lip crease better than me, so I second that
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 1:12 AM
Thanks Emhpb !
@sleepalldaypartyallnight ... i made the Upper Middle Lip Width slider ... [ It controls the upper middle lip width .. to make it looks more wide "U" Or thin "l" ..
but i dont get what you mean about the second slider ... about the picture on the right .. can you please explain .. or someone else please ... I am sorry .. but My English is not that good ..
i will try to take screen shots as soon as i can !
Thanks! :D

˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#32 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 1:30 AM
I think Becca wants to be able to edit these two parts separately:

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Instructor
Original Poster
#33 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
I think Becca wants to be able to edit these two parts separately:

Thanks ! for the picture ! :D
I already made a slider that controls the middle upper lip .. so now i am going to make the other one ... i will post screen shots later [ By god's will ] ! :D

#34 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 11:41 AM
haha, sorry, my picture was a bit rubbish. It was only for the width slider really. But THANK YOU SO MUCH for the middle upper lip thing!
Instructor
#35 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 1:19 PM
Yay, that rocks Ahmad!

And yeah, the other slider would be like the EA "Upper lip width" slider, but better! haha!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#36 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 1:31 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 7th Aug 2010 at 1:44 PM.
I think it's really worth fixing the sections. I've used the slider makey tool thingie by, um, Rez, I think? And it showed up in the right place for me. You've got chin and jaw stuff showing up in full-face right now rather than their subsections. This is fixable, for sure.

"Upper Lip Height" is misspelled - it's currently "Uppear Lip Height" in-game.

Seconding the request for the between-nostrils width - septum/columella. Also nostril flare - how open the nostrils look (should change the nostril width -slightly- but not much - I tried making one for this myself and only got as far as for adults).

Also, nose DEPTH. We had one for TS2 - controlling how far front/back the nose is. And something like the nose length slider but working on the whole nose in profile - extending the, um, main part of the nose as well as the tip, at the same rate (not just making a really long pointy nose tip like Nose Length does now).

Also also, forehead curve. Again, had it for TS2 but not TS3. If you look at the face in profile, the forehead should be able to go convex (bulging out), flat, or concave (dipping in). The difference in 2 and 3 here: http://drawinghowtodraw.com/stepbys...es-profiles.png

Also also, forehead, um.... dentiness? Flatness? On many masculine male faces, on the forehead on either side, above the arch of the eyebrows, there's often an extremely sharp line between the flat of the front of the forehead and the sides of the face - often even with a little bit of an indentation on either side of the forehead. You can see it in faces like Hugh Laurie's: http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/...Laurie-hs01.jpg

Also also also, a Cupid's Bow slider for the lips? On the upper lip, the bottom of it where it touches the bottom lip... some people have a quite pronounced dip there. See:
http://images.teamsugar.com/files/u...dgly.xlarge.jpg
http://makeupforlife.net/wp-content...ashion-show.jpg

If any part of this is confusing I can draw pics to show you what I mean.
Instructor
Original Poster
#37 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 2:09 PM
@ sleepalldaypartyallnight & emhpb .. You are welcome ! I will try my best to make the sliders .. .!

@HystericalParoxysm ... Thanks for the many suggestions .. ! .. And for the pictures !
Actually i tried several times to make forehead sliders ... but i couldn't . because it doesn't have a bone .. unfortunately ..
I will try making Nostrails width slider .. as emhbp also requested .. .. and nose depth ...
i don't really get the thing about lip .? Don't we already have that in the game .. I don't know ..

And about the Categories ... What program did you use? .. and how did you use it ? .. because i tried a program .. i don't know what it's name .. and it didn't work .. !

Thanks so much !

retired moderator
#38 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 4:40 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=379878

That's the tutorial I used - with the tips down at the bottom after my question. MorphMaker is the program. If you've been using something else, maybe that's the problem - and if ya have trouble with it I can at least tell you what I did to put things in the right categories (though I think it should be pretty easy to figure out with the instructions on that thread).

What I'm looking for with nostrils is more nostril -flare- than nostril width. You can sort of do width using nostril size but, like, for example, the sim I'm working on right now needs really big open nostril-holes, but his nose overall is quite narrow. I started on a slider for it, just selecting the ring of vertices around the nostril and scaling them outward.

Forehead slider should be possible - no, it doesn't have a bone, but you're doing all geometry (vertex) sliders anyway, aren't you?

There is a slider in-game for the lips that -sort of- gives the lip the shape I'm thinking of (upper lip shape) but that more controls the area between the nose and lip.

Here:

See the black line at the bottom of the upper lip? I'd like to be able to shape just the middle of the upper lip into that shape. Just a dip in the bottom of the upper lip - nothing messing with the top of the upper lip (which you can change with lip definition already).

This is the sim using my nose flare slider that I halfassedly did - if you see on the right side of the nose, I added a mark for where the nostril would normally be if I had no slider - you can see on the left side how it's changed with the slider. Normally I would just finish it myself, but tbh, I don't really have the time to work on complex projects that I once did.

Also with the septum stuff for the nose... something to do septum height (dark line underneath the nose - bring that part up or down) and a separate one to do septum width (red lines under the nose) would be awesome.

I'm sorry if I'm asking a lot - I just really love your face sliders already and would LOVE to see a few more, and see 'em done right (in the right categories and whatnot). I don't normally say so, but I think if you can get everything working together really well and do a big pack of all your sliders, that would definitely be a candidate for featuring here at MTS.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#39 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bella3lek4
i don't really get the thing about lip .? Don't we already have that in the game .. I don't know ..

I think they want to be able to move both parts individually, without one so drastically affecting the other.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#40 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 5:48 PM
Absolutely. And I'd imagine eyebrows width and distance being useful. Is such a thing even possible?
Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 5:55 PM
@HystericalParoxysm Thanks so much for all that explaining and stuff.. and thanks for the picture !!! .. i will try my best to make all wanted sliders .. !

@cmomoney Thanks for explaining ! I already made the middle upper lip width slider .. and i think it's useful for this also ... Thanks for explaining .. and thanks for the picture ! I will try my best !

By the way .. i tried to make between nostrils width ... but i had a problem ... that is when the nostrils become more open .. [ Wide ] .. the nose tip becomes wide as well. . i don't know why is that .. maybe i will try to work on it more .. maybe that will help !

Thanks for all the suggestions and explaining .. i will try to make as sliders as i can !
Thanks everybody! :D

Edit

@glennis .. I already made Eyebrows Thickness slider .. if that's what you mean .. about the eyebrows distance .. i will try to make it once another simmer ask for it !
Thanks!

retired moderator
#42 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 5:56 PM
Sounds like with the nostril width, you're selecting too many vertices. If you just grab the ones right on the outer edge of the nostrils, it should do just fine.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
Original Poster
#43 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 5:59 PM Last edited by bella3lek4 : 7th Aug 2010 at 6:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Sounds like with the nostril width, you're selecting too many vertices. If you just grab the ones right on the outer edge of the nostrils, it should do just fine.

I think so .. but i am using Delphy's CasSliderTemplate maker .. i am not using milkshape to make sliders .. !

But thanks for the tip .. i will try another ways to make it ...

... [Edit]

I tried using the morph maker to fix the categories .. but i can't open the Slider Package ..
Is there any other programs that i can use to edit the sliders ?
Or to extract something from the package and edit it ?

Thanks!

Theorist
#44 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 6:42 PM
I just wanted to say, Bella3l3k4, that I've been using the sliders you originally made before, and have been making sims with them. The only thing I would like changed would be that they are more extreme with their limits, so I could get really weird features to be toned down, If you get what I mean? At the moment, I find the Ingame sliders [without any Mods] to range from values -5 -> 10, but a handful (Like the Chin one, as an example) seem to do very minimal changes, like -3 -> 2. I don't know if this has been changed in recent versions, however
Personally, If there were more range in some of the sliders, I'd be happier with less new ones, even though there are some really cool ones that have been suggested; But the one HP suggested like Nostril Flare and such easily could replace Neck length in my game!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
retired moderator
#45 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 8:03 PM
Ahmad - "i am not using milkshape to make sliders .. !" Wow... I'm amazed at everything you've been able to do with just bone-based sliders, then! The Milkshape method allows for a LOT more flexibility though... but it can be ugghhh time consuming and I've found it a little difficult to make the sliders match from one age to another.

I don't think you can open packages made with Delphy's tool in MorphMaker - I think you CAN open ones made with MorphMaker in Delphy's tool though (though I haven't tried it - I've only used MorphMaker).

Also, not sure if you'd know the answer (but it'd be worth finding out) - since you're redoing older sliders that you already did before... what will happen to sims that already use your old sliders, if someone gets the new ones instead? Are you using the same instance IDs and whatnot for your new sliders as the old, so hopefully they'll still work?
Instructor
#46 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 8:10 PM
HP, I think I had the old sliders, got them from a friend. Then I took them out and installed the new ones from this thread, and they replaced the old ones perfectly, the values carried over and the sims' faces stayed the same.

Now don't take my word for this that it means it'll work for you, because I'm not -entirely- sure which version said friend gave me. I'll have to ask her when she gets back from vacation, but meanwhile, someone could do a test without actually saving any sims? That would let us know for sure
Instructor
Original Poster
#47 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 11:18 PM
@ Petchy ... Sorry i can't make that.. because it will get weird and hard to use that sliders when the values are big .. and also my sliders may get rejected because of that .. Sorry. but thanks for the note ..

@HP .. Thanks .. and as Emhpb said .. some simmers tried the new ones in there games .. when they used the old ones .. and it worked good .. there sims didn't change .. actually i remade the sliders from the scratch .. i didn't edit them using a tool or something .. Thanks again ..

@Emhpb .. Thanks for explaining to Hp about that !

#48 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 5:23 PM
Hey, sorry to necro the thread, but if you're still taking requests for sliders Ahmad, is there any possibility you could make an ear height slider? When I use jonha's head shape slider sometimes the ears end up looking weird and too low on the head. TIA.
Test Subject
#49 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 2:25 AM
Hello,

Ditto to the post above, I'm sorry I didn't see this thread sooner! Thank you for these sliders, Ahmad, they are really great! I have been searching for body sliders for a while now. I've been able to make a geom based face slider but there is no tutorial for making bone based sliders, at least not that I could find. So, I've been downloading other people's sliders, searching for as many as I could find to add variety to my characters. So, if you are still taking requests:

A hand slider (to make the hands larger or smaller or longer or shorter. I don't really care about the shaking if that is an issue with this one.)
A finger slider to make them loner or shorter
a neck width slider (so I can make sims with skinny or wide necks)
a slider for just the bicep area - to make it longer or shorter as well as wider or thinner
Same as with bicep but for the forearm
a pectoral slider (I have the chest slider but I found one online for just the male pectorals- it was only for am, though
a hunchback slider if that is possible or any type of back slider to make it come out more

Also, if there are any sliders you made that you haven't put up I would be very grateful for them. Thanks!
Test Subject
#50 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 6:42 PM
*Newb alert*
I don't see the sliders in my game at all...
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Creator doesn't seem to be continuing this project - but can PM me if he returns.
Page 2 of 3