Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Mosaic Patch 1.22 to 1.67 edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 5th Jun 2011 at 7:55 PM - Updated 28th Mar 2014 at 7:46 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.67

885 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 399 Feedback Posts, 485 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 36
Inventor
Original Poster
#126 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 6:35 PM
@butterfly-dreamer13: No, you only need patch 1.22 or 1.24 for the base game
Test Subject
#127 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 9:50 PM
I've patched to 1.24 a week or so ago and i downloaded the latest update for this. I just installed Town life does this still work or should i expect an update for town life? I suppose it does still work , i'm just asking to be on the safe side

"Do what you please and do it now...'cause time won't wait.... The end of all things might be tomorrow.. You never know what's gonna come... Life is yours to live, just live it the best way you can"
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#128 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 7:42 AM
Inventor
Original Poster
#129 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 6:33 PM
@geminia: If you've already updated to the new No Mosaic after installing patch 1.24, then it will work with Town Life Stuff. You should have all the effects of TLS in your game (tree house and spring ride), but no mosaic.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#130 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 2:40 AM Last edited by JagdTiger : 5th Aug 2011 at 8:39 AM.
So I have the 1.24 base game update,plus Generations and Town Life Stuff (as well as every other expansion/stuff pack),and have your 1.24 mod.Only problem is while the no mosaic and 90% of effects work,I still can't seem to get that last 10% working.The flashlight in ghost stories,the light from treehouses,the spinning hearts in a date to name a few,there may be more that I just don't realize are missing.I may try to see if the 1.22 mod will show more or less but thought Id ask if you heard of any similar problems first.
Only other mods I have installed are clothing related plus pose player.Any ideas?

UPDATE:Tried the 1.22 version,and basically had the exact same results,no torchlight etc etc.Went through packages as well and besides pose player and random clothes,there is a car and female skin texture pack,but unless Im missing something,I dont understand how any of those could affect effects.
Inventor
Original Poster
#131 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 7:00 PM
@JagdTiger: I have no explanation either. As you said, a skin pack or a car shouldn't affect the effects. Do all effects work when you take my mod out? Have you tried removing all mods temporarily? Could you still have old mods in your Sims 3 installation folder (the old way)?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#132 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 7:24 PM
Good points.
No chance of there being any old mods in as this is a fresh install due to a reformat.
I removed just your mod,then all mods and low and behold,still missing those effects so basically it doesnt look like a mod related issue after all.I shall delve deeper to see what software/hardware issue is causing this.

Thanks for the the advice and more so,thanks for yet another great mod.
Test Subject
#133 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 4:44 AM
Thank ya those things were driving me crazy
Test Subject
#134 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 8:10 PM
Been looking for an updated no mosaic file for the latest update, so thanks for this.

Just a suggestion though... I think it'd be more clear for downloaders if you'd name the patch 1.22 file just like how you named the 1.24 file, e.g., velocitygrass_nomosaic_generations.zip ---> velocitygrass_nomosaic_1_22.zip
Inventor
Original Poster
#135 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 6:50 PM
@GoGo13: Unfortunately there's no simple way to rename. You have to remove the download and add a new one. I did that just now, but the downloads page doesn't seem to have updated, so for now only the old link that goes to nowhere shows up for the 1.22 No Mosaic. I hope it sorts itself out.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I hope that once the file shows up as it should, it will make things less confusing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#136 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 10:49 AM
hi i have tried both versions for generations and townlife, loading each game per the one i tried, i have base and all eps and stuff packs, i do not know what i am doing wrong game says i am fully patched any help would be very much appreciated, i am running windows 7 64bit thanks
Inventor
Original Poster
#137 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 9:28 PM
@Salaena: Do other package mods work for you? I'm also running Windows 7 64bit, so that's definitely not the issue. If you have all stuff packs, you should use the No Mosaic for 1.24.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#138 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 12:47 AM Last edited by Salaena : 11th Aug 2011 at 8:38 AM.
hi yes all my other pkg seem to work fine of downloads..i just cant get the no mosaic to work in game..i just uninstalled all my games, made sure i had nothing in ea folder in documents..deleted all the cc caches, copied/backedup all my downloads then reinstalled all games in order and patching each game and stuff pack as i went.. it still does not work.. i was using the 1.24 loading town life stuff ... any help would be much appreciated i hate the pixel mosaic in my game. I have nvida gtx 470 with the latest beta drivers for it,.. i cant think what else is wrong except that on the downloads in the patcher every once in awhile even with all of my games installed and patcher saying i have latest patch the download part will tell me some downloads cant be installed that i should make sure my game is patched..that was one reason i reinstalled everything i thought something must be bugged or corrupted, the game runs fine, all my downloads from sims resource and mod the sims seem to be fine in game.. only thing is i cannot get rid of the pixel mosaic, thanks so much for trying to help i appreciate it so much
Inventor
Original Poster
#139 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 7:08 PM
@Salaena: That's very strange. I'm afraid there's nothing I can tell you but to double-check everything, though if your other package files work, I don't see why this one shouldn't. Have you tried downloading the file again? (Though I suppose if it got corrupted, you probably wouldn't have been able to extract it from the zip.) The only other reason could be a conflict, but I don't think other mods modify the same file (except an older No Mosaic, and that would have the result of removing too many effects, and if I understood you correctly, the No Mosaic didn't do anything at all). You could still try to remove all other packages, just to be 100% certain that it's not a conflict. Sorry that I can't be more helpful. I hope you get it to work.
Test Subject
#140 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 10:14 PM
Quick update on my problem,ended up getting a new graphics card due to other 'needy' games (gtx 560ti to be precise with latest non-beta drivers) and viola,now everything works.Seems a couple of the new effects didn't gel with my old gts250 although Im quite sure a 470 shouldn't have the same issue.Am also running 64bit Win7.
Inventor
Original Poster
#141 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 11:21 PM
@JagdTiger: I'm glad it works now
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#142 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 1:19 PM
i dont have many mods ill try removing them one at a time and check it.. thanks so much for trying to help i appreciate it!
Fresh fruit from the bigot tree
#143 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 5:51 PM
Not meant to offend, it is just that I can't understand why you all can't stand this little visual effect in a game that is meant for children.
And before you critize me:
(if you are underage) Do your parents know you are installing this and ara ok with it?
(if you are an adult with children) Would you allow your children to play the sims with this mod installed? What if they see you watching your sims in the shower?
(if you have a mate) Is he/she ok with your way of thinking about spying little virtual dolls in the shower?
Just wanting to know the reasons of these mods being done again and again.

Do not install pescado's mod. It is the one producing the errors it warns you about. Get Twallan's instead. It cleans your save file and prevents glitches.
Inventor
Original Poster
#144 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 7:08 PM
@Rafe Weisz: The game is rated T for Teens and is not "meant for children". Even so, you might as well ask if you would you allow your children to play with Barbie dolls, because that's about as much as you can see of your sims. (Or are you not okay with children playing with Barbie dolls? Are you gluing some underwear on before you'd allow your kids to have them?)

One simple reason for installing this is to avoid the visually distracting way you suddenly have this huge censor blob appear on your screen. Especially for screenshots or videos this is extremely annoying.

There are various other mods out there that remove little annoyances like e.g. the way sims sometimes choke on their food. I'd personally never think of removing that and don't really see what's so annoying about it, but it doesn't mean that others won't feel differently about it, and I'm glad that the modding community allows users to play the game as they want it.

As for your questions, I do not have children or a mate. If I had a mate, it would have to be someone who doesn't mind that I write NC-17 rated fanfiction, so I can only assume that removal of a censor blur would be a complete non-issue.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#145 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 8:50 PM
Thanks. Many thanks. ^_^
Test Subject
#146 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 2:51 AM Last edited by ac1greyez : 21st Aug 2011 at 4:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Salaena
hi i have tried both versions for generations and townlife, loading each game per the one i tried, i have base and all eps and stuff packs, i do not know what i am doing wrong game says i am fully patched any help would be very much appreciated, i am running windows 7 64bit thanks

Unfortunately I do not have a fix for you but I am having the same issue. I have all expansions and stuff packs except for Town Life. I do not have any other mods installed and I have tried both versions of the no mosaic but the mosaic is always still there. I have also cleared the cache so I do not know what the problem is but any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE!!!! I was bugged that this mod worked for almost everyone else and not me so I keep trying different things i.e. removing all custom content but none of that worked. I decided to try another mod (no intro) to see if any mods would work. I put the no intro mod in my packages folder w/ this no mosaic mod and to my surprise they both were working. I had no intro and my sim that was in the shower finally had no mosaic. Don't know if this will help you but thought I'd share. Good luck.
Inventor
Original Poster
#147 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 11:02 PM
@ac1greyez: That is very strange. I tried removing my no intro mod and it still works for me. Are you sure you didn't change anything else other than adding the no intro mod? What happens when you remove the no intro mod again?

Though I'm glad you got it to work
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#148 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 7:52 AM
Perfect, thank you so much
Test Subject
#149 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 6:40 PM
what if mine is 1.23? would any of those work with mine?
Inventor
Original Poster
#150 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 7:20 PM
@dondon94: Try the 1.24 one. That should include all Town Life Stuff effects.
Page 6 of 36