Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#801 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 7:32 AM
I just wanted to say thank you for posting all these links to amazing custom worlds! Nothing better than having some experience-based reviews to weed your way through the wonderful world of CC. I have spent a good couple of hours going through this thread, drooling over the different worlds. I downloaded Dronningslund, and now playing it, such a change from the EA-worlds :D
Advertisement
Theorist
#802 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 8:56 PM
I have been speaking to the creator of a very popular series of Ts3 hoods who is now...how shall I say...back on track, to make a massive upgrade of the series. I don't wanna say anything that I'm not allowed to, but, it will be a serious hit when it's released. I will say only, it's a far away place to go.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#803 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 11:20 PM
Well I just started playing simsample's Jericho today and so far I LOVE it. The level of detail is extraordinary. Every single lot has so much personality and there's such a wide variety of districts. It really gets your imagination going and I can already tell that it's insanely versatile. My favourite world ever. Highly, highly recommend!

(Also, if you look in the comments, someone uploaded a blank save that has all the necessary updates for Seasons (as listed in the first post) made, so make sure to grab that too when you're downloading. Massive time-saver!)

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Mad Poster
#804 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
I have been speaking to the creator of a very popular series of Ts3 hoods who is now...how shall I say...back on track, to make a massive upgrade of the series. I don't wanna say anything that I'm not allowed to, but, it will be a serious hit when it's released. I will say only, it's a far away place to go.

Kiwi_tea?
Theorist
#805 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 12:24 PM
^ ^ I can't say anything apart from it's going to be good and I've just been sent a new test version

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#806 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 1:52 PM
I have tested many worlds, but still doesn't found that one, which could be the main world for me. There was few almost perfect worlds, like Los Aniegos and Alpine Country, but one of them is routing issues bomb and another too big, so my laptop could not handle it properly without lag
Also I really like Darielle world by Simsimillian, but it's unfinished and there is no date when it will be....
At now I back to play at Evansdale Country world. It's pretty small, but beautiful.
One Minute Ninja'd
#807 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 3:03 AM
If you like Los Aniegos, but find it a bit too big, and with too many routing issues, you might like Angel City, also by Coasterboi, over on the Sims 3 forums here http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=8274654 . Quite similar in feel to LA, but more manageable in size, and, IME, with far fewer routing issues. One of my faves right now.

And the other, which I've mentioned before, is Miuki's updated Aspen Islands Revisited, which is also quite playable, and can be found on her blog, Marie's Sims at http://mariesimming.blogspot.com/20...-revisited.html
Theorist
#808 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 8:22 PM
I can't install that hood for some reason, due to 'missing updates', but I still think that Coasterboi's Red County is the best North American town out there, despite it's olden age.

#BlairWitchPetition
Forum Resident
#809 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 9:01 PM
Add one more recommendation for Fairhaven City which is a great alternative for anyone looking to leave the masochistic relationship that is playing in Bridgeport (I love it so much but it hurts me so bad!). So much great detail, all EPs and a playable university which was the biggest draw for me.
Lab Assistant
#810 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 9:36 PM
What are people's experiences like with L.A.? Is it lag-tastic and unplayable? Obviously I understand it's dependent on people's PCs, but I'm interested. Does anyone find it plays really well? I'm going to be downloading it tomorrow and giving it a whirl. It looks amazing.
Forum Resident
#811 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 9:44 PM
I would suggest Angel City if you are worried about lag. I had Los Aniegos but found there were just too many routing issues but I think Coasterboi took a lot of the feedback from LA into Angel City and it's much smoother, much more playable game. It has all detail and LA-feel as Los Aniegos but just plays better.
Lab Assistant
#812 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
I would suggest Angel City if you are worried about lag. I had Los Aniegos but found there were just too many routing issues but I think Coasterboi took a lot of the feedback from LA into Angel City and it's much smoother, much more playable game. It has all detail and LA-feel as Los Aniegos but just plays better.
Thanks, I may give that a go instead. Oh wait, no... it requires way more in terms of EPs/Store Content..
Forum Resident
#813 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 11:10 PM
Ah, which EPs do you have (or rather, not have?) I think the only store content you really need is Monte Vista and it uses a bridge (of all things!) from that world, which is kind of annoying though I do have MV.

I would say go for LA then. I played it and loved the care and detail he put into the different neighborhoods but gave up because there were just too many updates/lot replacement, etc. Any issues I've had in AC so far, I could fix myself. If you are looking specifically for a West Coast US type world or just heard a lot of good things about Los Aniegos?
Lab Assistant
#814 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 11:12 AM
Ah, which EPs do you have (or rather, not have?) I think the only store content you really need is Monte Vista and it uses a bridge (of all things!) from that world, which is kind of annoying though I do have MV.

I would say go for LA then. I played it and loved the care and detail he put into the different neighborhoods but gave up because there were just too many updates/lot replacement, etc. Any issues I've had in AC so far, I could fix myself. If you are looking specifically for a West Coast US type world or just heard a lot of good things about Los Aniegos?
Well I've just bought a new PC so looking for fun worlds to play. I prefer city-based worlds but L.A. seemed to combine city, suburb and rural so it sounded absolutely perfect for me.

The EPs I have are: Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, Showtime and World Adventures.

What sort of bugs are we talking about with L.A.?
Mad Poster
#815 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 3:13 AM
Does anyone know of a good, realistic (not island, culturally correct), modern Egyptian world that's not Setra?
Field Researcher
#816 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Does anyone know of a good, realistic (not island, culturally correct), modern Egyptian world that's not Setra?

I haven't been following this project but aminovas had been mentioning that she has helped built Al Medina, an Egyptian world, check it out maybe?

http://aminovas.tumblr.com/tagged/Sims-3-Al-Medina
Lab Assistant
#817 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 3:47 AM
I have been wanting to try angel city as well but i dont like downloading worlds from the exchange lol.. wish he would offer a mediafire link or something.. i tend to check the worlds i download with custard before i install .. i saw a pic of ravenswood from custom sims and i was willing to try that one too BUT the site no longer exists .. anyways, so far im also playing evansdale county, enekjaer, tried getting into alpine county but it feels incomplete to me, which sounds silly cause the world is huge. I kinda liked horizon harbor, but theres no english version out. meh!
Scholar
#818 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 7:08 AM
Anyone know of any nice, medium-sized suburban worlds that don't require Showtime, Island Paradise or Into The Future?
Forum Resident
#819 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joe95
Well I've just bought a new PC so looking for fun worlds to play. I prefer city-based worlds but L.A. seemed to combine city, suburb and rural so it sounded absolutely perfect for me.

The EPs I have are: Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, Showtime and World Adventures.

What sort of bugs are we talking about with L.A.?

No bugs, just routing fixes.

I believe LA doesn't go beyond Showtime so I would try that world. I liked it but I think AC is a better version and it doesn't matter if you don't have all the EPs. I believe someone has an updated cc free version of it as well that has another bridge replacing the Monte Vista bridge in the world. I saw it in the thread for the world.
Mad Poster
#820 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glastduke2131
I haven't been following this project but aminovas had been mentioning that she has helped built Al Medina, an Egyptian world, check it out maybe?

http://aminovas.tumblr.com/tagged/Sims-3-Al-Medina

Any other ones as well? Al Medina is Moroccan. It's quite beautiful, but I wasn't a fan of its layout.

Crossing my fingers that there's one or two out there, maybe on one of those German/Russian websites.
Instructor
#821 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 6:51 PM Last edited by ribbonista : 29th Aug 2014 at 8:26 AM.
I don't know if I've said this before, but it's Roseward! It's definitely a matter of taste, though. If you're not into the zombie/post-apocalyptic thing then it might not be that appealing.
Lab Assistant
#822 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 7:07 PM
Default Hi there benben niwt
Any other ones as well? Al Medina is Moroccan. It's quite beautiful, but I wasn't a fan of its layout.

Crossing my fingers that there's one or two out there, maybe on one of those German/Russian websites.
hi try benben niwt on the sims 3 exchange.
Scholar
#823 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 1:17 AM

This is a desert world: http://fuzzylogicdishwasher.blogspo...t-world-of.html. I cannot say anything about it because I haven't played it. It has an interesting storyline. It is not a city but perhaps it will work for you.
Test Subject
#824 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 8:13 AM
No bugs, just routing fixes.

I believe LA doesn't go beyond Showtime so I would try that world. I liked it but I think AC is a better version and it doesn't matter if you don't have all the EPs. I believe someone has an updated cc free version of it as well that has another bridge replacing the Monte Vista bridge in the world. I saw it in the thread for the world.

I have the weirdiest bug with bridges in Angel City - they're all invisible except for the MV one. Are they all from Supernatural (the only EP I don't have)? I've tried installing/uninstalling the world a couple of times, even installed the cc-free version - same thing. They're invisible but seem to be functional - except for the one linking the city with the port, it just doesn't exist (there are motorboats at each bank of the river, but they're not moving, sims only get stuck in them).
Also the festival lot doesn't work for me - there are no festivals held there, but it's not a deal-breaker.
It's a shame about the bridges, otherwise AC would be my favorite custom world ever. I love the scenery and the layout, I have no lags (although quite a lot of unroutable sims), and it seems so full of life - I've never seen so many townies out and about before.
Scholar
#825 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 4:36 AM
So I downloaded kiwi tea's Riverblossom Hills. (Note, I didn't use the link here, went for the one on the Official forums that has been updated for Generations.) Haven't really played much of it so I can't comment on the stability/performance side of things, mostly just been exploring it in Edit Town, adding/changing a few lots.

The world itself is really lovely. There's three sort of areas in it. There's the town itself (which in turn has a few areas, including the downtown area, the suburban streets, a swampy area, the military area and an industrial area. All really fit in well. No clashing or anything.), then lots of farm lands and empty spaces in the middle surrounding an old abandoned quarry, then a smaller area on the coast which is more of a modern, gentrified beach area. All of the characters from the neighbourhood in The Sims 2 are back, plus many new ones.

My only major criticism is that the lot sizes are incredibly small, namely in the town area. I'd say the average is about 20 x 20 and due to the roads being more curved it's difficult to place more lots on it. Buildings aren't my style but that's not a critisism, just my own taste.

Overall a great job. Will add a lot more playtime to the game for me. I recommend it but chances are everybody here already has it.

Edit:
*scrolls through the Jerico download page*

Don't require Showtime!
Don't require Showtime!
Don't require Showtime!

Yeah boiiiiiii! I'll have a look at that one next.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Page 33 of 42