Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 5:13 PM
Default MIlkshape crashes everytime I try to import a new Mesh-- Please help!
Hi, everytime I try to import a mesh into milkshape milkshape crashes. Please help! Right now I am using TSR workshop and I never had a problem importing meshes into milkshape before. Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 5:17 PM
Which mesh is it that's making Milkshape crash? Was the MLOD and or MODL for this mesh decompiled using the ObjTool or was it made by TSRW? How many joints does the mesh have?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 6:36 PM
It was lod1 and it was a maxis mesh
Alchemist
#4 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 6:55 PM
Ok ...which EA mesh? Did you decompile it with the ObjTool or with TSRW? How many joints does the mesh have?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 9:38 PM
Im not sure which mesh it was, but Ive worked with the mesh before in milkshape without a problem. Also it seems any mesh I try to import into milkshape wnds up crashing.
Alchemist
#6 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 9:54 PM
Let me see if I'm understanding you correctly. When you import any mesh, regardless of what mesh it is, Milkshape crashes? Are all these meshes EA meshes or are some of them other kinds of meshes?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 10:10 PM
How are you importing the mesh? TSRW uses a different format so you need to import as TSRW Object, the same as when you export. The objTool uses the ObjectImport v1.00. I really doubt they are compatible, if say by accident your trying to import/export the wrong mesh that you may have used a different format before.
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 10:14 PM
Wats the format of the mesh?
Another thing is that when you once exported that mesh and had a error on it you best trash it as you never can import it again.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 10:40 PM
Yes theyre all EA meshes. I import it as TSRW object.
Alchemist
#10 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 10:56 PM
So every single clone you make using TSRW is making Milkshape crash for you now? Sorry to ask again, but I just want to be clear about what's actually happening for you.

You said you had successfully imported one mesh before and now this mesh is making Milkshape crash. When you imported it before had you cloned it with TSRW or with the tools here?

Is the mesh that's making Milkshape crash now the exact same mesh that you imported successfully before or is it from a second clone of the same EA item you were cloning before?

Also, have you asked at the TSRW forum about this? They may have better tips for you about TSRW-related problems than most people here because many people here don't use TSRW at all.