Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 11:25 PM
Default Adding a Routing Slot
I am already familiar with adding deco slots and have read about 10 tutorials, but none really address adding Routing Slots. I have an object that only needs one slot added so I can shift the Sims position closer to the item, otherwise I'd use 'go to relative position'.

I'm assuming its pretty much the same procedure for adding deco - 1. Add to Bones, 2. Add Slot to Slot File, 3. Add Slot to Cres + then link the BHAV 0x002D to the slot. I thought I did it correctly, but I keep getting an error message "Invalid routing slot specified (literal slotNum=1 numSlots=0) Ref3" I might not have written the slot file correctly, or possibly the operands themselves.

This item has no slots at all - I had to import the bones and slot file into the .package. There's only GameData, Footprint and a Practical in the CRES. So, first, I'm not sure what I need to write in the I9 and I10 spot. I'm assuming it would be a child of the Practical. And I'm not sure of the operands. I've got

[prim 0x002D] Go To Routing Slot (0x0001,
no failure trees: False,
ignore dest obj footprint: False,
allow different altitudes: False)

Ok, so if anyone has any info regarding routing slots or knows of a detailed tutorial that focuses on them that would be incredibly helpful!

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 1:18 AM
An introduction to Slots
[Tutorial] Adding Slots
Slots Tutorial (Gimme the Slots Info NAO)
Creating Working Slots for Extended Objects

These are my main resources for slot-related information. As far as I remember, the process for adding one type of SLOT is the same as any other for the most part. It might help for you to post your object for someone to look to see if there are any issues with the SLOT.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...