Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 6:04 PM
Default Moving Sims Between Hoods: SimPE
So I enjoy a Megahood but I don't really like the style with all of the hoods since I don't play all of the families usually. So I was wondering if it would be safe for me to make clones of the Sims I want through SimPE into bodyshop and use that to put them in the hoods since technically they'd be new Sims. If I do that does anyone have a link to a tutorial or something on how to give them their memories and family linkage? And while I'm at it a tutorial on how to make it so I put in my own townies so I can use some of the Sims I like but don't play for like townies to NPCs.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
Remove the extracted package files created with SimPE but keep the files generated with Bodyshop, which should look like gobbledygook.

You can rename those anything you like. I usually use their name and age, e.g.

CordeliaCurnow_adult

OP there are a lot of threads around here where we've discussed memories and family ties. Have a look around. If you have any questions, just ask - there are quite a few of us here who have recreated/created neighbourhoods (me included) and done memories and family ties to death.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 8:49 PM
That's a skin - I thought the OP was talking about sims?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 9:12 PM
Alternative question. If I use the downtown versions is it safe to move the family into the main hood and then delete the subhood?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
If you delete any subhood with Sims in it, then the Sims will just be placed in the Family Bin. You don't really have to move them out individually, because the game will move everyone out automatically if you choose to delete that subhood.

My main concern I've been thinking is that since the subhoods have tombstones will it mess up my game? I want to be 100% sure its safe before I go on since I want to make a story with it and would hate for it to corrupt after going through the trouble of setting it all up.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 9:58 PM
You should probably transfer the tombstones to the main neighborhood before you delete the subhood, otherwise you will probably delete the stones and shred the character files. Just transfer the ones on residential lots to a graveyard in the main hood and pick the ones on community lots up with a sim. Not sure if it needs to be a sim from the main hood, but I'd say it's safer.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
You should probably transfer the tombstones to the main neighborhood before you delete the subhood, otherwise you will probably delete the stones and shred the character files. Just transfer the ones on residential lots to a graveyard in the main hood and pick the ones on community lots up with a sim. Not sure if it needs to be a sim from the main hood, but I'd say it's safer.

That's what I was hoping I wouldn't have to do. With the story it wouldn't fit for all the tombstones to be in the main town. Ugh guess I have to find some way to work around it
Alchemist
#11 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 11:11 PM
there is an article in the help section of this site about how to move sims between neighborhoods.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:Moving_Sims
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 11:21 PM
She isn't moving them between neighbourhoods, she is moving them from a sub hood to the main hood which is perfectly fine.

OP, the graves are the thing' You must be sure you moved them all to a safe corner of your main hood.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 11:48 PM
Is there a list anywhere that says where all the tombstones are located in the Maxis hoods? I wanna get my hood started and on't want to have to spend all day searching for tombstones..
Forum Resident
#14 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 8:11 AM
There's this one: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Category...ith_a_graveyard

Although it seems to only include actual graveyards, and not families like the Caliente sisters with their single urn. It's nowhere near complete.

The missing ones I can think of right now would be:
Pleasantview: Dreamer (the mother), Caliente (Michael Bachelor)

edit: Try this list: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Category...rrected_in-game
That should be a complete list of all premade dead sims with gravestones, so you'll just need to write down where they are buried.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
There's this one: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Category...ith_a_graveyard

Although it seems to only include actual graveyards, and not families like the Caliente sisters with their single urn. It's nowhere near complete.

The missing ones I can think of right now would be:
Pleasantview: Dreamer (the mother), Caliente (Michael Bachelor)

edit: Try this list: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Category...rrected_in-game
That should be a complete list of all premade dead sims with gravestones, so you'll just need to write down where they are buried.

Thanks! Now to go through and move everyurn out of the hoods.