Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 7:08 PM
Mac Super Collection- megahood and mods, help needed!
Hello everyone

So i had a huge break from Sims, damm you real life! But a few weeks ago i brought a mac off a friend with the thought that i will finally be able to play Sims 2 again after sharing my other halfs laptop for the last year and a bit.

I've been having a whale of a time getting to know the Pleasantview characters again, but i really do miss ACR, Inteen and being able to have Pleasantview and Stragetown together!

I am a total Mac noob so i have no idea about how to find or make the downloads folder in the games files, and is this the correct way to be able to download mods again?

Any advice is much appreciated, and its good to be back

-and in that moment, i was infinate.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 7:15 PM
Start here, with post #4: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=530610 The tilde (~) is a standin for your user folder. For me, ~ would mean "esmeiolanthe." For you, ~ would mean shoo_flee. And so on.

Remember that Mac games only go up to BV and be sure you get the correct version of your mods. You will be able to use Tarlia's hoods the same on a Mac as on a PC provided you have the right EPs for each individual hood, or at least I've never heard anything to the contrary.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 7:32 PM
I have a feeling this is a really silly question, but i really don't know my way around a mac yet.

How do i get to my user folder and then the subsequent library etc? Then do i just create a downloads folder as i would on a PC?

Thank you for your reply!

-and in that moment, i was infinate.
Link Ninja
#4 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 7:47 PM
@shoo_flee

To get to the folder go to the 'Go' option at the top of your screen on the desktop, and then choose 'documents'. This action will open a browser window of your documents folder, find 'EA Games > Sims 2' and that's where it looks similar to the PC version. You will have to create a 'Downloads' Folder in this one if you want to put in custom Content.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.