Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 6:58 AM
'learn to play' will not run
Sorry if this has been addressed, but I've checked all the links, including the wikis, and couldn't find this specific problem.

I recently installed Sims2 on laptop running Vista 64 Home Premium, Intel Dual-core Duo T5750, 4 gigs RAM, 250g HD (with lots of free space). I can't get Learn to Play (I've never played Sims2 before) to work - hangs on loading. I tried d/l the CD patch, but when I ran it I got, "you're already up to date." I tried WinXP compatibility and still didn't work. Please help, thanks.
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 5:37 PM
The tutorial thing never loaded for me, either. Tell me, did you download your game from EA or did you buy it on disc? I downloaded mine, so I just figured I had a bugged download or installation and didn't worry too much about it after that, but if you downloaded yours, too, perhaps it's a problem with the downloaded version in general?

In any case, I figured out how to play just by reading some game guides I found online and experimenting with one of the families that came with the game until I got the hang of it. But maybe someone else has a solution for you...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 7:29 PM
Run through this:
http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php...lp:Game_Problem
And post on the MTS2 Game Help forum if you still have trouble.
shiny!
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 1:10 AM
Welcome to S2C!

As simsample said, you need to please go through that guide and then post on MTS2 if it doesn't work.

Please also make sure you read our forum rules Read before posting! Computer Hardware and Software Rules. We do not provide Sims game support here.