Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2009 at 2:47 AM
Default "or equivalent"
Hey there folks. I am interested in purchasing both a new computer and the sims 3. Of course I want to make sure it runs but I had a processor question. The computer that I am looking at has this processor:

AMD Athlon™ single-core processor LE-1620, 2.4 GHz

No I have no idea if this is equivalent to the others that are listed, but it has 2.4 GHz which is needed to run the game (on Vista). So I'm basically asking, will this processor work?

Also, though the card is not listed, the Nvidia Geforce 6150 SE graphics card is really close to the 6200 listed. Will this work aswell?

Thanks!
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th May 2009 at 2:50 AM
Please read our forum rules before making any more posts. We don't allow individual threads on computers and computer parts to run the Sims games. Our rules will tell you where you can post, as well as linking you to some helpful guides. Please have a read through all of them. There is already quite a lot of discussion on processors, including both specific CPU recommendations as well as just generally what to look for. Once you've had a read through our guides (stickies) you can feel free to post any specific questions you may still have, in the correct place.

Clock for clock, AMD processors run slower than Intel. That particular CPU is really low end and weak. It's also been discontinued.

6150 is integrated graphics and not recommended. It is also not listed by EA as being supported. That computer with the 6150 plus that AMD CPU is well under minimum requirements. 6200 is an actual dedicated card, although it is several years and generations out discontinued tech. It's also not recommended, but it is supported.