Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 10:46 PM
Default Thunder Struck
My sim was struck by lightening a couple of days ago. How do I get rid the burnt appearance on her face? Or does it clear on its own?
It was suggested that I give her a shower, I did, I've given her several showers and her face is still burnt. What do I do?

PandoraNYC1
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PandoraNYc1
My sim was struck by lightening a couple of days ago. How do I get rid the burnt appearance on her face? Or does it clear on its own?
It was suggested that I give her a shower, I did, I've given her several showers and her face is still burnt. What do I do?

Have you tried resetting the sim?
I think you can do it either by entering into the cheat console "resetsim *name*" or with boolprop testingcheatsenabled true > *click sim with shift and left mouse button* force error > reset.

Alternatively, there is a bug fixing object available for download called "Batbox" or something like that (Google it).
You can place it on your lot and click on it.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 11:54 PM
change appearance in mirror
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 11:56 PM
It should have cleared as soon as she spun into naked and got into the shower, it appears to be 'stuck'. The bat box (which every sims 2 player should have, if not go get it) should clear it. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....php?topic=72.0 Ignore all the sillyness in the read-me, Pescado like to play with people. If you have testing cheats on do not randomly click things on that box unless you know what you are doing. if testing cheats are off you cannot click anything dangerous.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It should have cleared as soon as she spun into naked and got into the shower, it appears to be 'stuck'. The bat box (which every sims 2 player should have, if not go get it) should clear it. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....php?topic=72.0 Ignore all the sillyness in the read-me, Pescado like to play with people. If you have testing cheats on do not randomly click things on that box unless you know what you are doing. if testing cheats are off you cannot click anything dangerous.

Thank you all. I took Diovanlestat's advise and changed my sim's appearance using a makeup face mask - problem solved!

PandoraNYC1
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 7:42 AM
Sometimes one shower is not enough and a bubble bath more effective.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 8:43 AM
It should disappear the instant your sim gets naked, be it a shower or a tub, they don't actually wash it off.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 10:25 AM
I have found in the past that a second bath or shower washes off the rest - it wasn't often, though - and the first shower made a difference already - I thought some Sims just had a more intense strike Never had to change their appearances though!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 10:50 AM
That's a glitch. You can get stuck sunburn as well, but it isn't what should happen.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 3:10 PM
Okay I have not had a Sim struck by lightning for a while, though - so I will have to observe when it happens again.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 10:17 PM
I have it all the time. I can count about 4 just last week! How do you manage that? I think the hot tub on my beach community lot must be a lightening conductor.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#12 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 2:18 AM
I have to add and remove a face mask to get the facial effect to go away. Then I have to either shower to restore my sim's hair to normal, or change their hair in change appearance. (Can't remember which)

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Mad Poster
#13 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 7:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I have it all the time. I can count about 4 just last week! How do you manage that? I think the hot tub on my beach community lot must be a lightening conductor.

I chase them inside
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 8:27 AM
I even had one get struck paying the bills, but the warning about repo man had shown up. My sims are usualy outside jumping in puddles or gardening. I don't think kids can be struck as I've had them playing outside on an activity table in the middle of a thunder storm. I think because my houses are often small I use the outside room just as much as inside. I should put up a sign, Welcome To Coral Bay! Get struck by lightening and become a local!

~Call me Jo~