Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 10:25 AM Last edited by danny_power : 8th Jul 2015 at 3:43 PM.
Default [SOLVED] SimPe: I can't open GMDCs!
Hi everyone
I have installed The Sims 2 on my new laptop with Windows 8.1, I have followed some guides for installing it on this OS and for solving some graphical problems. The game runs fine and I don't have problems with it.
But now I have discovered a problem in SimPe.
When I try to open GMDCs the program tells me that I have to install Managed Directx and it provides this link where I can find information on the warning and another link to download the proper software. So, I have downloaded the Managed Directx from the link provided but when I launch the installation, it blocks at a certain point and shows these errors:

Then, the installation ends and the Managed Directx has not been installed:

Since I really need to open GMDCs in SimPE because I modify meshes, is there someone that can tell me how I can solve this problem?
Thanks.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 3:45 PM
Ok, problem solved
I have followed the instructions written in this link, the section Solution 2 (installing and uninstalling) and I was able to install Managed Directx without errors.
Now I can open GMDCs in SimPE