Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
@Esmeralda,
Glad it works
There are alot of settings that are easier to edit when in TSRW, like the slots, footprints, light resources and a few others.
I didn't change the light resources on the bat, you still have to do that.

It will be so useful to have something that makes footprint-changing easy, that's something I was never able to get to work. What do you mean by light resources? Do you mean headlights? If you mean headlights, I did do that, the bat acquires glowing-red-rimmed eyes at night (scary). Or do you mean something else?

I'll download TSRW and play around with it as soon as a get a chance. But right now, I have to go through all my Buy Mode uploads and update them to tell downloaders what still works OK with the patch (only 3 items) and what doesn't work (EVERYTHING else). This is the result of the new patch on the batmobile:

Mortimer is now sitting inside his mother, and Gunther's seating position has reverted back to the hand positions being wrong and his legs clipping through the bat head. The shadow still looks great, though!

I feel so sorry for everyone who has objects that no longer work with the patch. My findings with my own objects were: 1) cc chairs sit INSIDE cc dining tables, all in the same position, 2) cc dining chairs position properly around non-cc dining tables, but when the sim goes to sit in them, they do some WEIRD animations while taking a seat and while getting up again, 3) Sims sleep OK in a cc bed but make weird animations getting in and out, 4) cc desks and end tables can no longer have items positioned on them, the item goes on the floor instead, and desk chairs go inside the desk, and 5) cc cars shake violently as they drive along, and when the sim returns home, they and the car 'transport' immediately back instead of making the road journey. My most entertaining post-patch disasters are my bubble blower (two sims and two chairs are all in one position inside the blower) and my crystal ball PC (the ball is on the floor, the desk is inside the chair) :

Thanks a lot, EA!!!
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#52 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 8:40 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 18th Oct 2011 at 9:01 PM.
Does the file i made with TSRw gives the same result?
I did update the slot positions on that file cos it seems all issues are related to slotplacement
Everywhere i read in tutorials about hashing slots and in my opinion that is something you shouldn't do unless your attaching a new script.

I could be wrong but they are called LITE files in the package, in TSRW they look like this:

Edit,
Hmm, looking at your bat, this could also been caused by changing the scriptclass from a 4 seater to a 2 seater.
Set its scriptclass back to the original ?

Wow, 845 mb patch.... patching now
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#53 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 9:34 PM
Lol, that patch does screw up all custom vehicles
The Animation is terrible and poses kinda reset
I am a bit puzzled how they managed because my default replacements are also screwed and those only contain a mesh and texture change.
Alchemist
#54 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 12:15 AM
A while back i just wanted to edit a existing animation walk and import it back(as replacement)
But every animation i ran through the animtool comes back corrupt in s3PE.

In Milkshape i tried with both Wes and Mesher their Rigs, but along the way something gets wrong and i do not know wat it is....
An animation walk isn't a pose though...are you able to work successfully with single frame anims? Which sequence animations did you try and which tools (versions) were you using? What happens that lets you know the anim is corrupt...is it an error message?
Sockpuppet
#55 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
An animation walk isn't a pose though...are you able to work successfully with single frame anims? Which sequence animations did you try and which tools (versions) were you using? What happens that lets you know the anim is corrupt...is it an error message?

I will inform you OM as soon i give it a retry, this moment im to busy fixing my CC
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#56 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 6:52 PM
Bloom, I hope you're doing OK with getting all your cc fixed - just finally finished fixing/testing/re-uploading all of mine, and finally got back to the 'batmobile'. To my surprise, running it through Granthes's RigFix not only fixed it to work in patch 1.26 but also preserved my custom rig settings!!! So, here it is in the fixed version in a patched game with four passengers still rigged the way I spent hours positioning them, AND a correct shadow.

The only thing left is to try playing around with the rig 'foot' settings to see if it will at least minimise that point that sticks up in the middle of skirts - although it's OK if the sims are wearing trousers or shorts, in the above pic I had tried it on a couple of tough guys wearing my men's trenchcoat outfit, and found that the bottom part of the coat sticks up too, although it doesn't look as weird as the pointy skirts thing.

So aside from that, it's finished and thank you so much again for your help. Did you see that TSR has just updated their Rig Fix tool and that it should now be able to fix the wheel animations on cars? So it's worth giving that a try if you haven't already!
Alchemist
#57 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 11:06 PM
I will inform you OM as soon i give it a retry, this moment im to busy fixing my CC
I won't be able to get to mine until this weekend and hopefully then I'll have time to test what this did to poses and sequence anim too if anything. It would be good if we could get your issue with anim straightened out at some point though.

Esmerelda, I apologize for highjacking your thread and big congrats on the bat working out...it looks really great
Sockpuppet
#58 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 1:25 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 21st Oct 2011 at 2:53 PM.
I had the same result with my vehicles Esmeralda exept that the wheel animations were gone but since the bat doesn't need any your good to go i guess.
I can not create anything at this point, there are no working RIG editors for cars yet and the new Fast Lane cars can't even be cloned without losing their animation.
TSRW no longer works with the S3PE plugins, im awfull confused about all the double store items(wich one to install?) so im giving it a break till all is sorted out...

At OM
Im pretty frustrated right now also because i have alot double store items, fixed and unfixed im guessing,
For every store item i put in my downloadfolder i receive either a duplicate with a diffrent icon or get a 22kb fix for it.
I though the V1.0 store patch would fix it all at once?
Anyway, its better to wait how hard that may be
I hope you find a easy fix for your files aswell, if not i guess a new export/import might work?

Edit,
Esmeralda, plz let me know if you can edit your RIG from the bat and how.
I tried and although i can edit the rigs i can not save them

Edit,
Grants latest fix repaired my Cobra
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/8297/aml.mp4
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#59 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 5:12 PM
OMG, it's finished! Eeek! This item was the biggest pain-in-the-butt object I've ever attempted and I didn't think it would ever end. I FINALLY managed to fix the big-tall-point-in-the-middle-of-the-skirt problem, by rig-editing the Y axis of the 'foot' property for each passenger to be just slightly lower:

I also fixed the footprint to be the right width - Bloom, the version you made with TSRW where you said you'd fixed the footprint, it wasn't fixed, it still had the original car footprint in-game, so be warned that TSRW didn't do what it was supposed to do footprint-wise. At least we know that TSRW makes good shadows, though, which is a huge help, certainly in this case!

I had the same result with my vehicles Esmeralda exept that the wheel animations were gone but since the bat doesn't need any your good to go i guess.
I can not create anything at this point, there are no working RIG editors for cars yet and the new Fast Lane cars can't even be cloned without losing their animation.
TSRW no longer works with the S3PE plugins, im awfull confused about all the double store items(wich one to install?) so im giving it a break till all is sorted out...

Edit,
Esmeralda, plz let me know if you can edit your RIG from the bat and how.
I tried and although i can edit the rigs i can not save them

Edit,
Grants latest fix repaired my Cobra
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/8297/aml.mp4

I did all my rig-editing on the un-fixed version of the bat, because I'd heard that we can't edit the new-style rigging yet because the tools are not yet available, and then ran it through Grant Hess's RigFix, which I was VERY pleasantly surprised to find retains your custom rig settings. So I'll continue making my objects in the unpatched game if they need rig editing (my next vehicle is going to need it) and then running them through RigFix, until we're able to edit the new rigs directly.

Hooray, I'm so glad Grant's new RigFix now fixes the wheel animations (he's a genius and a lifesaver!) and you are now able to fix your cars. I watched your video of the Cobra and it looks great, hope you'll be uploading it soon because my simmies want more top-down convertible sports cars!

Thank you so much again Bloom, for all your help. As mentioned, you'll get credit for making the shadow, and for teaching me about rig editing (I had NO idea how to do it or where to even start, before this thread). As with a couple of my other creations you've given me help with in the past, I couldn't have made this successfully without your input! Thanks a zillion!

@orangemittens, thank you for your encouragement, glad you like this crazy vehicle! I hope it gets accepted here and that it can be up in time for Halloween.
Sockpuppet
#60 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 10:06 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 21st Oct 2011 at 11:36 PM.
Congrats
There are always 2 footprints in a object, one for placement and one for routing.
I fixed the one for the routing, not the one for the placement.
I still have the bat ingame, looks pretty cool.

Do you have Fast Lane?
If not, change the scriptclass to CarUsed1 and tell me wat you think of the chrome(its recolorble)
Happy simmin hun
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 10:44 PM
Congrats
There are always 2 footprints in a object, one for placement and one for routing.
I fixed the one for the routing, not the one for the placement.
I still have the bat ingame, looks pretty cool.

Do you have Fast Lane?
If not, change the scriptclass to CarUsed1 and tell me wat you think of the chrome(its recolorble)
Happy simmin hun

Oh crud, I didn't know there were two footprints for two different purposes. What I did was make it show 4 green squares width-wise when placing it rather than two as with the car. Does this mean this only affects placement, and that sims will still walk through the wings? So I guess I have more work to do on it tomorrow........

Oooh, thanks for the Cobra, have downloaded it and will take it for a test drive tomorrow. I don't have Fast Lane unfortunately, will have to get it some time (don't usually get stuff packs but I do love car-related things and 50s retro style - I love the 50s style gas pumps in the pack). Recolourable chrome, eh? Sounds interesting!
Sockpuppet
#62 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 11:51 PM
No, thats perfect
You should be able to place it on 2 tiles now.
I did not edit it because i thought you needed a driveway for placement anyway and those are already 6 tiles, not?
It would be nice to have it without a driveway but i suspect the bat dissapears in your inventory when you use it one time.

Do you mean the gas pump i made or the ones from the game?
From wat i know now i should redo it but isn't that with alot of your creations?.
Even the car has a very annoying thing i might need to fix(for myself)

You never will notice if i didn't tell you.
Since it is very shiny it reflects the surrounding landscape, like all objects.
But when working on it in Milkshape i UVmapped the leftside of the car from the left and the rightside from the right but i should have done it the other way arround.
So you now see the landscape from the right in the left side of the car and vice versa....very annoying...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#63 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 5:02 PM
Ah, well, the one footprint I created seems to be working for both placement and routing - I just had my sims run back and forth past the bat, and they were running around it rather than through it, except for one small area at the end of one wing where the 4-tile footprint ended (because the bat is off-center due to the driver's position). I thought it would be better to leave it than make the footprint five tiles wide and make the item even wider than it already is!

I've just submitted it, so my fate is up to the Mods now.

Tried your car out in-game and love it. Recolourable chrome is fun - behold flame-painted chrome, ha ha!

I like both the Fast Lane gas pumps and the ones you made. Always love that 50s-ish retro style.
Sockpuppet
#64 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 5:55 PM
Wat graphic card you have?
I usually dont uvmap the chrome, or roughly, like this.
It is not''over the top'' ?

I want to create a 60's hood with the large Isleworld map with a long bridge to the island but need WA before i can create the bridge i think.
One of the things im working on are a car dealer and a wreckyard lot.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#65 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 9:20 PM
My graphics card is just a humble nVidia 9500GT (can't afford anything better!).

I guess the recolourable chrome is only "OTT" if someone recolours it with something silly - I tried flowers, hearts, etc for a bit of fun, but it could look good in a metallic red or metallic dark blue, or matte black.

I like the idea of a 60s world, especially if it has cars to match!

Here's just a quick proof of concept for my next 'car', thanks to what I've learned about rig editing from this project. I just took a wild guess at the passenger position heights and actually got it right first time! It's obviously a very, very rough first draft which needs loads of work, especially the shadow, ha ha! It's meant to be a cute small retro 50s style rocket ship. The bits hanging underneath are the lights, haven't decided where to put them yet! (The pattern is just a custom pattern I had in my game, it's not going to be used for the final product.)
Sockpuppet
#66 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 9:57 PM
i made it recolorble because it displays diffrent depending wat graphic card people use, thats why i asked.(had it with sims 2 in the past)
Lol, i am always impressed with wat you come up with, unbelieveble!
With normal vehicles i replace the rig with a old pre patch one, then when done patch with Granhes tool, you do the same?

I did noticed some of ambitions stuff still can be edited, even the car wreck i onced did seems uneffected by the patch.(did change slots and routing on it)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#67 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 10:30 AM
Oh yes, it's difficult trying to make something that might display differently on different graphics cards. I learned that the hard way with my Butterfly Wings, they look really nice on my PC but I discovered that they're very blurry on many other people's PCs, when I've seen screenshots people have taken with their sims wearing them. Really embarrassing! So I have to re-think about not using too complex a texture in the future - my texture for the wings was a photograph of a Monarch butterfly, but maybe I'd better use line art for that sort of thing in the future, to have a better chance of it being more compatible with other graphics cards (and settings, I run my texture details on maximum but not everyone does).

I'm very flattered that you like the things I come up with! I always try to come up with things that are 'different', ha ha.

Yes, that's just what I did with my bat car with its custom rig edits - I ran it through Grant Hess's tool and tested it in my patched game, where it all worked OK, and will do the same with the rocket ship. I was really shocked to discover that his tool preserves the rig settings, I didn't think that would work, so that's very impressive!!
Page 3 of 3