Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1351 Old 4th Dec 2015 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Oh, very good and here I thought that might be England. I don't follow the thugby rugby either. About the only sport I watch are when the Olympics or Commonwealth games are on.

I only follow whether we win or not. I can tell by the screaming from upstairs whenever a match is on (or by the obsession in the media the next day).
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1352 Old 4th Dec 2015 at 5:48 AM
I follow. When we start losing, I go back to Sims 2 And can therefore tell Charity : you do have a helluva great team
Scholar
Original Poster
#1353 Old 4th Dec 2015 at 3:26 PM
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie! Oi! Oi!Oi!

*A Welsh glare*

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Scholar
#1354 Old 4th Dec 2015 at 6:47 PM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 4th Dec 2015 at 6:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Um, Jo? Don't sell yourselves short: you guys are a whole continent. That puts you ahead of, well, everyone. India's only a sub-continent, same for Greenland, and the rest of us have to *share*.

The continent is Oceania. Australia has to share as well

People seem to forget (or in your case, don't actually know) that New Zealand and a whole host of small Pacific islands (Tonga, Samoa etc) are part of a continent. I refuse to be called Australian (have meet wonderful Australians but I do know that Australia has to share it's continent too) stop saying Australia is a continent to itself.

Only the driest place on Earth has title of being a continent to itself (Antarctica)
And even that is share so no one/everyone owns it.

Back on topic
Sims 2 Pet peeve.
The fact you can clean up puddles from the lawn but not dung?
In reality it's the opposite, forever clean up dog excrement.
Those Sims are really lucky.
Their mess disappears when the sun comes out.
Test Subject
#1355 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 6:19 AM
My pet peeve, if not already mentioned, is that my Sim pets (that I rarely play anyway) seem more interested in eating the flowers than the pet food. You clean out the bowl, put in new food, and set in right in front of them and they still insist on going outside to eat flowers and grass.

If you're Dirk, I want to be your Lilith. <3
Mad Poster
#1356 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 6:28 AM
This was one of my first pet peeves what I got rid of with http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=287451
Scholar
#1357 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bb18
My pet peeve, if not already mentioned, is that my Sim pets (that I rarely play anyway) seem more interested in eating the flowers than the pet food. You clean out the bowl, put in new food, and set in right in front of them and they still insist on going outside to eat flowers and grass.

Kinda realistic though

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#1358 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 8:07 AM
You have to teach a pet "Come here". Then you can call them to eat and they will come and eat their pet food. (So it is actually not a glitch, it is the way the game works - I discovered it by accident, after hiring a pet trainer who taught the dog to "Come here" - no more flower eating except when there was no food in the bowl).
Scholar
#1359 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 8:22 AM
Isn't it also to do with the pets personality? I thought pigpen/finicky only effected their hygiene traits but I read that a finicky cat won't eat from a dirty pet bowl. So maybe similarly pigpen pets go more for flowers?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Mad Poster
#1360 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 9:01 AM
Untrained pets still eat from their bowls. You need to make sure that the sim hasn't put the bowl back facing the wall so the pet can't get to it. And yes, finicky pets won't eat from dirty bowls. Also, make sure that they aren't trained to eat sim food. If they are then you'll need to retrain them for pet food.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1361 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 9:08 AM
Try and scold them for jumping on counters and things, too, as that's where they can eat Sim Food.

Forum Resident
#1362 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bb18

That truly is... a pet peeve. *giggle* ...sorry.

I am Error.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1363 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 9:42 AM
My pet peeve is my cat keeps eating the dogs biscuits. Yes this is real life.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1364 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Untrained pets still eat from their bowls. You need to make sure that the sim hasn't put the bowl back facing the wall so the pet can't get to it. And yes, finicky pets won't eat from dirty bowls. Also, make sure that they aren't trained to eat sim food. If they are then you'll need to retrain them for pet food.

Mine did not Only when taught "Come here" - then he started eating from the bowl. He only ate flowers. I think he might have been trained to eat Sim food, though, not sure - it was a stray that has been adopted - but the Come Here lesson solved that.
Inventor
#1365 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
Only the driest place on Earth has title of being a continent to itself (Antarctica)
And even that is share so no one/everyone owns it.

That's what the Antarctican monarchy which rules the entire continent from two miles beneath the ice wants you to think. .

And another pet peeve or three?

1) Sims who bump into other Sims and immediately give up and stop what they're doing. "I told you and the other three to compost all those piles of leaves. I don't care if Dawn's using the compost bin that you want to use. Stop waving at me, wait for Dawn to finish, then you can dump your bag in it. Or just go to another compost bin; there's about a dozen of them all over the lot. Why are you dropping your bag?!?"

2) Piles of leaves don't attract bugs. Piles of trash do. Why did you drop your bagged up pile of leaves and turn it into a pile of trash, Oaken?

3) Sims who mysteriously "forget" that they're supposed to be walking off the home lot with the rest of their group. "Okay, everyone, welcome to the Campus Way shops! It's time to buy new clothes and justify your...hey, wait a minute. Why are there only three of you? Where's Lark? Great! This is completely going to throw everyone's timing off for this semester! Okay, everyone turn right around and go home. Hi, Lark! Decided to break off from the group and do a little bird watching, did you? Fall in line and let's try this again!"
Mad Poster
#1366 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 3:06 PM
Yes, this is 2-in-one peeve, how sim can immediately forget where he is going if he is running to carpool at last moment and walkby blocks his way and how game can generate walkby at exatly that inappropriate moment.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1367 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 5:58 PM
The Critturs in my new custom 'hood have awful behaviour!
Everything is down in the red!

Mad Poster
#1368 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 6:57 PM
Teach them to "Come here." By the time I played them, I knew it had to be done
Mad Poster
#1369 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 11:42 PM
My pet peeve is my cat keeps eating the dogs biscuits. Yes this is real life.

I have a photo I snapped of my old cat doing exactly the same thing. It was kind of revenge, as the dog eats anything within her reach and especially loves cat food (and cat poo; dogs are disgusting).
Scholar
Original Poster
#1370 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 10:41 AM
Still off-topic;
Here is a list of items you shouldn't feed to your cat/dog. Common sense tells you not to feed them any of this, but just in case you have it in your garden or they find some and decide to munch on it.

--
Back on topic;
Who decided it was appropriate to fit the pre-made European Townhouse on a 3x2?!

Scholar
#1371 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I have a photo I snapped of my old cat doing exactly the same thing. It was kind of revenge, as the dog eats anything within her reach and especially loves cat food (and cat poo; dogs are disgusting).

Same story here, and it doesn't sound uncommon either. We rescued our white boy from a filthy old house (literally animal poo up the walls kinda thing) when we asked the lady what he'd be eating she said dog food, and he's always had a taste for it since. As for the dog, she's so sneaky it's ridiculous. 10 seconds out of her sight and she goes and steals the cat food. She knows to wait until you're upstairs too. Put up a barrier you may think? Tried that. She just barges through everything like a big oaf.

Forum Resident
#1372 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 5:35 AM
Couldn't OFB/BV work together to show an Owned Lots "subhood" to click on when you choose Walk To....? I am tired of scrolling through all the Downtown lots' names to find The Library or Xtreme Chz! That, or sort them to the top if the sim getting ready to go offlot has one or any owned lots. Sigh....
Mad Poster
#1373 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 10:35 AM
I'm in the middle of what I think might be my last really big downloading spree. I'm downloading all Peggy's free hair from SimsCave. I actually find it easier than it was at Peggy Zone. Early in my game I started downloading male hair because there are only a couple of Maxis styles that I like. As a result, I have plenty of male hair, including all the Peggy free male hairstyles that I want. Initially I thought I'd just use Maxis hair for my females, since there is a bigger selection for the girls than for the boys, but there too I find that there is a fairly small number of hairs that I really like. (I'm sorry but I like my neighbourhoods full of Sims that are pleasing to me.) Over the last three years, I have downloaded a few female hairs, including some of Peggy's, but not nearly enough. So I am having difficulty making all my females look different. So my solution is to download the rest of Peggy's free hair. I won't install them all -- only the ones that I like, but that might still be a quarter of them. Fortunately My preference is for the simpler styles, so hopefully they'll be the lower poly ones.

And my peeve? Not really about Maxis. More about Peggy. She gave us an amazing variety of hair, and I'm sure that hair meshing is far from easy, but I do wish she'd adopted a single coherent scheme for numbering her hairs. Could she not have used the same numbers she used to reference them on her website, in the filenames of the .package files? And included the numbers in the mouse-over tooltips too? Because identifying which of her meshes and recolours I have already is a time-consuming and difficult job. sorasunao has done a better of cataloguing them on Simscave than Peggy ever did on PeggyZone! Maybe she was just to busy making new hairs for us, to ever catalogue them properly!

One related Maxis peeve: I wish I could see those tooltips in-game when buying new clothes, or selecting a hairstyle at the mirror. The icons and mannequins are much smaller there than they are in CAS or Body Shop. On her instructions for her FileNameToolTip program, CatOfEvilGenius says you can't see these tooltips in CAS. In my CAS, I can see them, but I wish I could still see them when my Sims go to the clothes shop or the mirror too.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#1374 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I'm in the middle of what I think might be my last really big downloading spree.

That's what they all say. It's not an addiction; I can quit at any time. *twitches*
Mad Poster
#1375 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 3:02 PM
Andrew, do you know about Cat's filename tooltip adder ? It's the best thing invented since SimPE. I love it to death. Gives you the option to automatically add tooltips to many files at once, with a variety of options. The best one, in my opinion, is being able to add the file name so that I can find the file by looking in bodyshop what it's called. Does not work for meshes, but if I really need those I make a Sim with the hairstyle and package it, so that it grabs the mesh.

And out of curiosity, do you recolor hairs or do you use Peggy's own colors? I love her meshes, but I'm not a fan of the color scheme.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Page 55 of 274