Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 11:14 PM
Default Pangus axe
Hey.
Can anyone help me where to find pangus axe? i have been to chine tree times now and i just cant find it?! Please help
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 12:09 AM
I found it once, then my character died and I had a child (social services came in, the game was over and I dunno what happened to the axe there). Now I created another character, the tombs are all already discovered the way I left before in the previous game, Pangu's Axe is not there anymore. I am STUCK as well.
Alchemist
#3 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 12:16 AM
where did you find it originally Masterpiece?
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 1:00 AM
Do you have the quest?

I can't remember the exact path to it, but it's on the "upper" level (there are lots of stairs in that section, so it's "upstairs" instead of "downstairs") and it's hanging on a wall. You will be able to see it if you look around the upper level. Then you just have to figure out the stairs/dive wells to take to get there.
Alchemist
#5 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 1:05 AM
im not even exactly sure which tomb we're talking about here, no i dont have the quest, i guess ill just leave this thread now...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 10:40 AM
in what tomb is it suposed to hang?
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 10:44 AM
It's in the Temple of Heaven, but you need to be given the quest to go find it.
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 2:53 AM
There's actually a quest chain of two or three quests before you get the actual axe. It's obvious when the quest chain starts; the sim talks about wanting to break boulders. But I don't know how that chain is triggered; I'd been to china several times before I got it.

Which kind of sucks for those locations in France and Egypt that require the axe to access.

However, it is an awesome thing to have, since in addition to boulders, it also clears rubble piles in a single blow
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 6:32 AM
Go top China first. Do several quests on trust and reliability and friendship with the locals to be given the key to start the quest for Pangu's ax. It's underneath the Temple of Heaven.
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 8:39 PM
I went to Egypt first and had the fire plant thing quest in one of the pyramids and ran into a big boulder that said i needed a mystical object from china to break it. i have done several laps in the temple of heaven and cannot find the axe. i went through the door hidden by rubble but traps keep blocking my path.
Eminence Grise
#11 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 4:11 AM
a) The areas in France and Egypt that you need the axe to get to are optional, afaik. You certainly don't NEED to break the boulder to complete the flame fruit quest. Usually the boulders just block a small area with a little extra treasure. Though I am aware of one quest in France which is a lot easier if you have the axe.

b) You can't just go to the temple of heaven and pick up the axe. You need to have the quest, which gives you the key to the area you need to get to. You might have to do quite a few quests in China before you get the axe quest.

c) It's possible to get the axe by cheating. I've done this for some of my sims that I don't plan to ever send to China. However, this method is a bit unreliable. Use Testingcheatsenabled On, Buydebug On, and then you'll find the axe in the tomb objects section in buy mod. You can place it on any wall and have your sim pick it up, but as I and several other people have experienced, in some cases the axe will disappear when placed on the wall and not be pick-up-able. I have no idea what causes that behavior; I've tested a few hypotheses but none of them worked :/ However it's worth a try if you really don't want to make several trips to China until you get the quest chain, or if the axe has been taken by another sim.

There's some more discussion about this issue here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=379578
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 7:58 PM
Help with Pangu's Axe
I had trouble finding Pangu's axe. This is or anyone who still needs help. The axe is not inside the temple of heaven. For me of course. It is in that small building next to the temple of heaven but still on the property. Go inside there, and it will be a few floors down. You have to go through a few open doorways to get to it. It will be blocked off. To avoid traps stand across from the black hole and push shift and click on the floor in front of the axe (not on the axe and still holding shift)and click teleport. Then once your infront of the axe click it and take it. Deliver the axe. Then accept the next adventure. Check your sims inventory to make shure its there. Then get on your phone and return home. Check your inventory once your home to make sure your axe is there. You will have to return to China to complete the task. Make sure the axe is still in your inventory once and a while. If you are home you may hang it on a wall. But make sure you have burglar alarm(s) just in case. I hope I helped. Oh and the "buydebug" cheat did not work. Teleporting worked.
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 9:03 PM
My problem is that my sim found the axe has done quests with it and poof it dissapeared out of her inventory.. she did the orgional quest to get the axe so I'm feeling a bit cheated that it has dissapeared.. I'm going to try the cheat Srikandi and see if it works..
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 5:34 PM
none of it worked I can't get the axe so I've just resorted to shift and delete boulder.. the game cheated me by loosing the axe so I will cheat to remove boulders..
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 7:28 AM Last edited by bonyak : 5th Jan 2010 at 9:49 AM.
Ok here is how you get the axe
First you have to be friends with the Master you do the two sparing matches with; next you have to be friends with the Master at the Phoenix Training Acadamey (spelling wrong) and be friends with the Master of the Garden. Then you have to break space rocks. Next time you visit China you will get the quest via phone call. The Axe is in the Temple of Heaven, but you enter the dungeon on the bottom level one of the little buildings on the grounds. Then you get the axe. You will have to return it to the one you get the quest from to be asked if you are worthy don't worry no real questions you will get the axe just finish all the tasks they give you after you get the axe.
Oh yes and buy the Thieves coin from the vendor you need that to keep the axe. Buy it before you get the axe. and complete the entire dungeon including smashing the big rocks in the temple of Heaven and smash the one blocking the hot springs(This is a separate challenge but must be completed) this is the completion of the quests to get and keep the axe. Part of the tasks you will be asked to talk to three locals to be sure you are worthy. They may not be on your side so make sure they are best friends then ask. One way to do this is the TestingCheatsEnabled true. you can slide the bar on friendship up and they are your best friends. My advise is visit China several times and make many friends. Then you have to be Visa level 2 to buy the Thief Coin from the Special Vendor. You may as well be Visa Level Three and buy the partnership with China. This Ensures you keep the axe. You might be loosing the axe if your friendships are going down not sure, because after completing all the tasks above I have kept the axe and not lost it. I also saved after getting the axe due to the people here saying they lost it. I would also advise having your meditation up high. Because one of the Masters tells you this is the key and Meditate in the Garden.
Eminence Grise
#16 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bonyak
Oh yes and buy the Thieves coin from the vendor you need that to keep the axe. Buy it before you get the axe.

This is interesting, Bonyak :O How did you come by this information? Did you look at the game scripts?
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Harleysavage
My problem is that my sim found the axe has done quests with it and poof it dissapeared out of her inventory.. she did the orgional quest to get the axe so I'm feeling a bit cheated that it has dissapeared..

Have you checked in the family inventory? The axe that my sim received when he completed the mission disappeared so I went to buydebug (or debugbuy, can never remember which) and bought one, only to find the axe a few sim-weeks later in the family inventory. Just an idea...
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 12:40 AM
Default quarantine
i dont have Sims 3 but this sounds interesting - i have an idea why the axe disappears for a week. quarantine - its for the safety of all Sims
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 4:25 PM
You have to accept a mission about"smashing boulders"'
You'll do 2 other jobs at first,one of them is to convince some people in China that you're worth the job,then you'll get the mission for the ax.
The ax is in the middle of the room,hanging in air somehow.It's hard to get there,you have to pick the right stairs,the first time I got it I used Ctr shift(testingcheatsenabled true) teleport me here,or you get the sim to zenport by meditating,but it takes too long time.
Love the ax,you need it for many missions!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 7:03 PM
I never found the axe. It's not haning on the wall it's surposed to. It's like it's inviseble or simply not there, and i've never had any sims find it, ever, so that's not why it's gone.... I dont know what to do....

Mornie utúlië (darkness has come)
Believe and you will find your way
Field Researcher
#21 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 11:41 PM
testingcheatsenabled true and then buydebug. Find the axe, put it on the wall, and then grab it. It's not cheating since you did try the legit way.
Eminence Grise
#22 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MdMaxx
testingcheatsenabled true and then buydebug. Find the axe, put it on the wall, and then grab it. It's not cheating since you did try the legit way.

That doesn't always work. Sometimes the axe disappears when you place it.

As a last resort, you can always work around the game's boulders with cheats. TestingCheatsEnabled True, Shift-click the lot, choose "build mode", and delete the boulder You can also teleport around it, but sometimes you can't see what's on the other side, and/or what you need is behind, under or inside it.

Ugly, but it should work.
Test Subject
#23 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
This is interesting, Bonyak :O How did you come by this information? Did you look at the game scripts?

yeah why's that one importent? especialy because i have lost my axe somehow.

is it because i dont have this ?
Banned
#24 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
That doesn't always work. Sometimes the axe disappears when you place it.

As a last resort, you can always work around the game's boulders with cheats. TestingCheatsEnabled True, Shift-click the lot, choose "build mode", and delete the boulder You can also teleport around it, but sometimes you can't see what's on the other side, and/or what you need is behind, under or inside it.

Ugly, but it should work.

or TestingCheatsEnabled True and shift+click the boulder and press delete it...
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 8:48 PM
Ok, I have a slight problem. I used the buydebug cheat to get Pangu's axe at the very begining. I cleared one rubble pile and said 'Never again'. Now I am on the Pangu's Axe quest, and I have found the axe.
Or should I say, ALMOST found the Axe.
I have found where it hangs, but its not there. I used the buydebug cheat to see if I could place another one, and I found it, but when I went into play, it's not there. Any ideas how I can complete this? I still have my original Axe in my inventory.
Page 1 of 2