Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 4:46 PM
Does anyone else wonder if Jenieusa = SimsGuruJen? Because I kind of am...

It would certainly explain how some "average" player had new clothing category tags in her game, wouldn't it?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 4:55 PM
http://www.simprograms.com/40282/ne...n-the-exchange/

I don't think Jenie works for EA.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#28 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 4:56 PM
A real Maxoid on normal people's forums? /me considers...

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 5:12 PM
I am really, really excited for weather again! But I highly doubt EA will put both magic and weather in the same EP.

As for the links, no sensible person with experience in rainy weather would wear those outfits as your 'outside gear'.
Scholar
#30 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
Does anyone else wonder if Jenieusa = SimsGuruJen? Because I kind of am...

It would certainly explain how some "average" player had new clothing category tags in her game, wouldn't it?

Sorry but no...its just plain ole me...
Field Researcher
#31 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
It would seriously suck if players weren't able to tag and sort the possible outerwear clothing categories in CAS themselves, because EA sucks at categorizing! Would be great if EA would tag all clothes with a patch, but in addition to that, the users could also un-tag and tag items themselves easily in game.

But EA is so damn lazy... I bet that all those coat and jacket outfits from previous EPs and Store would be left in the every day category, and anyway hopes of being able to tag stuff conveniently in game is very non-EA. :/ They do everything through the hardest paths and against all rational thinking!

I'm hoping that we will get to tag some outfits for outerwear. It was a positive sign that the team, with the latest patch and expansion pack, allowed up to separate makeup per outfit. I'm hoping they got the message that simmers like being able to customize according to our game play or going by their defaults.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 6:49 PM
What if rain is just something a witch, etc. can conjure or something?
Or perhaps that's EA's way of combining the two; magic can conjure different kinds of weather? o-o

Nah, that would be too cool
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kayls42
What if rain is just something a witch, etc. can conjure or something?
Or perhaps that's EA's way of combining the two; magic can conjure different kinds of weather? o-o

Nah, that would be too cool

If that is all it is, it would not be too cool. It would be silly. If they can make rain in the open hood, they would not require magic to make it rain. On the other hand, if they can do rain, they will no doubt have another "magical' way to do it, either via magic or via a weather machine.

But to require us to use magic...no, I would be very surprised since EA has always made it so that those who did not want to use supernatural could do so. To restrict weather only to those who use magic would be a very poor marketing idea.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
If that is all it is, it would not be too cool. It would be silly. If they can make rain in the open hood, they would not require magic to make it rain. On the other hand, if they can do rain, they will no doubt have another "magical' way to do it, either via magic or via a weather machine.

But to require us to use magic...no, I would be very surprised since EA has always made it so that those who did not want to use supernatural could do so. To restrict weather only to those who use magic would be a very poor marketing idea.

Maybe they aren't ready to give us weather yet, so they'll just give rain for now. Witchy sims will be able to make rain by doing a raindance.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 10:33 PM
I am not going to lie but I cannot wait for this! Weather is one of the big things I missed from TS2 and I'd love to see my sim in TS3 finally have a snowball fight! Or singed by lightning after stepping into an electricity trap in France :o

EA has already teased me about the weather with the fog emitter a couple of years ago now and I have been eagerly awaiting since then... this may be the first EP ever that I will pre-order in a heartbeat :P

We came
We saw
We killed the crowd
Theorist
#36 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 2:18 AM
Well I don't know what to say on the point of the whole "rain" category, but I do have to say this:

The tweets from SimGuruMagnus or Meatball as you may, were definitely referring to the weather in Sweden, or wherever he is, if you go through his tweets earlier in the day he says "Sweden already got seasons - cold, colder, coldest and summer!" and there's many other tweets about weather..The coincidence of this being a speculation is pretty er strange lol...Also the tweet with "soccer etc.." the person that had replied, was talking to him and Meatball had replied about an hour ago I believe after the person said "I would prefer magic" he had said "what kind of magic do you like? The dark kind with potions made out of vampire blood and frogs?" BUT then again he says " that or people see what they want to see " after the person says "I see! Being cheeky then?" which makes my argument invalid, lol this is a huge mindfuck D:
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 2:42 AM
He is also feeding people stuff on the forums. That is very odd, in my opinion. And there are odd comments about bunnies and ducks. He might just be playing with us..although it seems like a very dangerous game to play. Either way, someone is going to be disappointed. Hard to believe the PR people associated with The Sims would be letting him do this without a reason. Of course, EA was just voted the worse company! LOL So maybe they like using us to feed their egos and for their own amusement.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 3:15 AM
Oh good grief, am I the only one that doesn't want weather in Sims 3? It was a pain in the butt lag wise in Sims 2 and that was just on one lot, I can't imagine what kind of lag there would be if it was raining or snowing over the whole world. Inactives hit by lightning wandering around scorched for days...
Scholar
#39 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 3:19 AM
He might just be playing with us..although it seems like a very dangerous game to play.

Indeed, that's why I think there is something more to this. They are just too smart to be trolling large portions of the fandom like this.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 4:04 AM Last edited by rian90 : 18th Apr 2012 at 4:24 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Indeed, that's why I think there is something more to this. They are just too smart to be trolling large portions of the fandom like this.

I don't know...they don't act all that smart to me. Like I said, his tweets were taken out of context so not sure there is as much there as we thought.

Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
The tweets from SimGuruMagnus or Meatball as you may, were definitely referring to the weather in Sweden, or wherever he is, if you go through his tweets earlier in the day he says "Sweden already got seasons - cold, colder, coldest and summer!" and there's many other tweets about weather..The coincidence of this being a speculation is pretty er strange lol...

SimGuruMeatball appears to be Swedish but he is in San Francisco and I doubt it is very cold there in April. I haven't checked the weather though.
Scholar
#41 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 4:24 AM
I don't know...they don't act all that smart to me. Like I said, his tweets were taken out of context so not sure there is as much there as we thought.

However I find it ironic that he claims that he doesn't know anything, but he made a post in another topic confirming that weather is doable.

I don't necessarily trust everything they say. Especially since he is posting in that topic. You'd think that they'd just leave us to our speculations like they always do.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
You'd think that they'd just leave us to our speculations like they always do.

I would think so too..unless he has gone rogue. Regardless, I find him rather annoying.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 8:15 AM
I'm putting my money on another leak - but this time, it was probably an Exchange glitch (there are so very many others) and they said "to hell with it" and let us speculate.

Oh, weather, how I want you. It rains constantly here so playing my selfsim's house isn't complete with the humdrum of droplets on the gutterpipes.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#44 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 10:41 PM
IDK, if Meatball had said things only about the weather itself..but he mentioned in a way that looked like a Sims game (kinda crazy hehe).. not sure he would take a risk of saying stuff like that, because he knows the effect it would cause.. specially after the Magic leak maybe they really are trying to give us some clues

If Magic and Weather are coming, I think they're going to annouce both EP 7 and 8 together. (like they did with Pets and Generations) to calm the fans down
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 10:48 PM
Who on earth would wear those in the rain?

Oh look, beautiful, boiling sunlight outside today! LET'S WEAR MY WARMEST COAT HURR
Field Researcher
#46 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 5:01 PM
what i don't understand is how these outfits could be categorized as rain... i wouldn't wear either of those outfits if it was raining outside
Mad Poster
#47 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by UltraRobbie
Who on earth would wear those in the rain?

Oh look, beautiful, boiling sunlight outside today! LET'S WEAR MY WARMEST COAT HURR

You don't need warm coats for summer rain. There are places where it rains daily and all you need is some water resistant flip-flops and an umbrella.
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 7:18 PM
My guess is this is just a test on the exchange, not actually anything that was categorized for rain because it should be used for rain.
Page 2 of 2