Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#176 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 1:45 AM
I've got just one more: When you skip breakfast, lunch, and dinner to play Sims. I do eat, of course, but I only munch on snacks.

Okay, that's pretty extreme.

"Make believe in magic, make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible, nothing as it seems
See, touch, taste, smell, hear, but never know if it's real"
--The Cure, "More Than This"
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#177 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 1:49 AM
When your toddler son gets on the phone to speak with his grandparents and he can't hardly say anything else in recognizable English, but he can tell his granny that "ma ma is playin' the sims".
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 12:41 PM
When you start dressing your hair in the same style as you sims wear it.

My sister actually did this. When my mom asked her why she wore her hair like that, she said: "My sim wears it like this all the time".
#179 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kyri
When you start dressing your hair in the same style as you sims wear it.

My sister actually did this. When my mom asked her why she wore her hair like that, she said: "My sim wears it like this all the time".

In what way did she and her sim have her hair?
Lab Assistant
#180 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 1:19 PM
It was a downloaded hair from Peggy I believe. One with the knot (I think this is the word I mean) on the side of you head.

It isn't a nice hairstyle actually, but my sister never wears it like that, so that's why my mother was surprised
Field Researcher
#181 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miao
You're beginning to do some Sim animations, like the shrug and the dance moves.

You spend 30 minutes to an hour looking at naming sites just to find the perfect Irish/Turkish name for a Sim baby.

You imagine that you're a terrible Knowledge Sim because you don't want to do your term paper or study. I also imagined that my aspiration changed to Family at the end of sophomore year...

You intuitively know how your Sims are going to behave before they do anything.

I actually do all of these. Bad eh? I'll be like: "She's going to burst out in laughing in 3... 2... 1.." not after a joke mind you! Just randomly out of nowhere. And I love name-searching. Having a sim with the perfect Persian/Indian/Whateverstani name makes them all the more special. Also, I imagine myself to be a family aspiration. I sometimes do sim animations unconciously.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#182 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annique
And I love name-searching. Having a sim with the perfect Persian/Indian/Whateverstani name makes them all the more special.

I want to share a link I found/was told about: http://www.behindthename.com/random/ <--This one has names from all over the world, even made-up ones (like witch! )
And another: http://www.welldressedsim.com/thesimsnames.php <--English sim names
Instructor
#183 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 3:00 PM
... You dress in all black to mourn the death of a favorite sim. (RIP Manda Millions, June 10, 2007)

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
#184 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 2:41 AM
When you find yourself comparing a real person with a sim. "Hey that person looks like Lillith Pleasant!"
#185 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 3:01 AM
When you download an outfit that`s an exact replica of one that you have ...
For instance, I bought this shirt that said "Make like a tree and leave" at Wet Seal a few weeks ago, and last week I found the EXACT same shirt on a website.
#186 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 3:32 AM
When you sit down to go the toilet and wonder where the newspaper is
Site Helper
#187 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 1:00 PM
When you watch the dialogue bubbles when your sims are gossiping about and know which events they are talking about. (I have one neighborhood which is still laughing over Mrs. Crumplebottom getting drunk in the bowling alley and wetting herself.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#188 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 1:48 PM
When you start playing the sims2 theme song on your Piano or Violin (Guilty)!
When you start eating like your sims.
When you see greet people you get really close and just wave.
Try to set the time of day sethour cheat.
When you make a wish in the wishing well your true love won't fall out of the sky.(Guilty)
Looking for the "Social Bunny"!(guilty)
When you see clothes that are tiny and there are none your size left you ask the manager "Do you have any body meshes?".
When somebody breaks into your house you think of them in black and white stripes.
When you see somebody about to fall or something you want to use the slowmotion cheat.
When you go to the mirror you think your make-up puts itself on (Guilty)!
When you think of yourself if you could use "Tombstone of L and D" to make yourself older.

Ok I'm done!
#189 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 1:52 PM
I constantly whistle the Paperboy's whistling from The Sims 1 when I work. It's quite relaxing for a brainworkout.

I built my house in The Sims 2! Then my aunt's, my uncle's, my grandparent's....

I got depressed for a week when my first-generation pointy-eared sim died.

I got depressed for a month when my pointy-eared sims died out and their sons and daugthers doesn't have it.

I frequently sing the "Borapati" song in the hiphop category.
#190 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 2:15 PM
When you pay no attention to the boring physics lesson and draw a blueprint for the new pub that you want your vampire to own... XD
#191 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 1:18 PM
When you think of things to put on this post
When you find yourself in a slightly heated argument when a non player calls the sims giga pets
You talk about the sims as if they were real people to non players who either think you're crazy or need to get a life...
Forum Resident
#192 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by proxian_girl
... You dress in all black to mourn the death of a favorite sim. (RIP Manda Millions, June 10, 2007)

lmao! i havn't had a fave sim die yet, but ill probably do that xD

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
#193 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 1:33 PM
When you walk into your house after a long day at work, and the first thing out of your tired mouth is "Eh! Bubbaloo!" when your loving, sim-hating wife greets you...
Field Researcher
#194 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueBoots
When you walk into your house after a long day at work, and the first thing out of your tired mouth is "Eh! Bubbaloo!" when your loving, sim-hating wife greets you...

And before going to work you say: Ka-chee-ka-lough (as in dough)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#195 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 11:40 PM
When you see a girl and her hair reminds you of certain sim-hairstyles and you think of how much you'd love to have her hair in the game XD
Test Subject
#196 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 10:39 PM
Quote:
you're reading through these posts and nodding and laughing!

I love thus comment )
Lab Assistant
#197 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 12:24 AM
When your parents buy you a present, you do the "What's This?" action.
You go to the mall just to get inspiration for sims custom content.
When you buy the internet for your DS so you can go on sims forums when you are supposed to be sleeping.

I haven't done the first one but I have done the others I have done a lot.
Field Researcher
#198 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by indalu10
When you download an outfit that`s an exact replica of one that you have ...
For instance, I bought this shirt that said "Make like a tree and leave" at Wet Seal a few weeks ago, and last week I found the EXACT same shirt on a website.

Ok, this is kinda old, but I found my prom dress recreated for the sims, LOL. It looks really good ingame too.

On topic-
-When you talk about your selfsims to you bestfriend more than you actually talk about yourself.
-When you constantly tell you mom that you wish you could build houses as fast as you can on the sims -When you look at houses and say "Oh, that would make an awesome sim house!"

I dunno if these are repeated, if so, sorry, I just wanted to stay on topic!
Inventor
#199 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 10:36 PM
-You're playing WoW, it starts to rain and you get worried about getting hit by lightning...

Happened to me today

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Instructor
#200 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
-You're playing WoW, it starts to rain and you get worried about getting hit by lightning...

Happened to me today

BWAHAHAHAAA! That's hilarious
Page 8 of 115