Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#76 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 12:37 AM
OK, I re-read the rules and it doesn't specifically say you HAVE to have at least ten people. I pm'd bP to ask her if, in the event that we don't get any more apps, I can continue with the contest.

Oh, and now there are 29 downloads....*shakes head*
Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow to like 10 apps. lol

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 1:01 AM
Two questions. Do we have to stick with the traditional stereotypical 'revenge of the nerds'-type-nerd, or can we take a different approach?

Also, it says we can't change the facial sliders, but what about a small tweak to the ear rotation so they don't poke out of a hat? Or should i just be more creative with picture angles so that doesn't show? ^.^;
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 1:19 AM
It's not too late for me to enter I suppose?

:P
Scholar
Original Poster
#79 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 1:27 AM
kaleidofrog, sorry, no touching the facial sliders. That's kinda the point of the contest.
You can definitely take a different approach, but make sure the judges can see the nerd in her...or geek. Glad to have you!

Whatwedobest, you have 28 hours to submit your application. Look forward to it!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Test Subject
#80 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 6:25 AM
Default Annabelle Gomez!!!!
Ok well here goes, I present my nerd hailing from Goth High!!!!
ANNABELLE GOMEZ!!

Annabelle is the geekiest of nerds at Goth High

Her hobbies include playing chess anywhere on anything, Using her telescope to map the stars, Spending her time talking to her 12 fish, And creating robots who she believes will one day rule the underworld Muwhaha

And when shes not completly nerding it up, she lies in bed in her finest dress wishing the vampire from her fav fairy tale would come take her away.
Top Secret Researcher
#81 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 6:43 AM
Yay, another entry!

Your sim is awesome and I just love her clothing! It's good to see someone going from a different angle for this.
Test Subject
#82 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 6:47 AM
Thank you.
Everyone else has done the traditional nerd.
And where I do believe everyone did acceptional jobs,
specially the first entry,
they looked a bit the same
And since im rather gothy, i thought hey goth nerd lol
Tho I wish she had braces
Dunno where those came from on the other girls.
Top Secret Researcher
#83 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 6:55 AM
The braces were here- http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=371257

Oh well, your sim didn't need braces, her gothic look was awesome! :D
Test Subject
#84 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 6:56 AM
Default Application - Alexis Gillespie
Alexis had a difficult childhood, being teased by classmates for everything from her glasses to her obsession with books. In high school however, she finally found a niche that accepted her: the anime club!

Alexis is rarely seen without her cat-ear hat, which she got at her very first anime convention.

Conventions are the only time she really dresses up.

She feels a bit awkward in a dress, but she's not going to let that stop her from partying.

When she's not playing D&D or on the computer, she's still usually seen with her head in a book.

Top Secret Researcher
#85 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 7:05 AM
Another great entry!

Her dancing is hilarious! The cat hat suits her. :D
Test Subject
#86 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 7:16 AM
thanks, the hat was sort of my inspiration for her
Scholar
Original Poster
#87 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 9:57 AM
Ok, I was on my way to bed and saw the new entries. I'm very.....ummmm......partied out right now and will comment tomorrow. I did update the OP.

*snore*

Lab Assistant
#88 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 12:02 PM
Default Phoebe Lindorf, Round #1
Here's my entry, Phoebe Lindorf.

A lovable little goofball, Phoebe loves dancing (and by "dancing" I mean flailing around awkwardly). Her roommate Gwen doesn't quite appreciate her skills, but that's never stopped Phoebe!

She's as sweet as pie, but Phoebe's never done too well around boys. Gwen's working on it.

Phoebe doesn't pay much attention to fashion, so she figures she's done pretty well if her ripped-to-shreds tights are still in one piece. And she unfortunately does not realize that neon purple hoop earrings went out the window in the 80's.

Top Secret Researcher
#89 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 12:04 PM
Finally, 10 entries!

Her expressions and dancing are priceless! Great work!
Field Researcher
#90 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 4:28 PM
Wa whoo we have a contest! Can't wait to see what round 2 brings us.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 4:54 PM
Default Poina Dexta- Application (Class Nerd)
Poina Dexta

Poina Dexta was dropped off on a beach by what she calls "a UFO". The truth is that her real parents did not want her because of her odd skin color and face shape. She constantly screams out randomly during the day for them, which no one knows why considering she is 20 years old. She has been treated at many physc. doctors and they have all diagnosed her as having the "nerd" disease.

The only way she got money as a kid was to do other kids homework. She still can't get a job, so she continues her childhood work today. She gets about 20 kids coming to her house everyday to get their homework done for $5.95 an hour.

She once got invited to a high-school party by one of her many clients, but it turns out it was a cruel joke on her and she ran home crying the rest of the night, screaming out in agony for her nerdiness.

Everyday she walks to the science lab to tour it. It is her favorite pasttime when she isn't doing homework.

After the tour, she always goes to the beach in hope her "parents" will come pick her up.

I had a lot of fun doing this, and I can't wait for the other rounds! Great job on this contest!

Instructor
#92 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 6:17 PM
If you need another EJ, I would love to do so!
Scholar
Original Poster
#93 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 7:36 PM
MissKitten, I love your Anabella...especially that she wants to be taken away by a vampire. Sounds like someone I know. LOL

kaleidofrog, your pics are spectacular! Great job. Alexis could be my 17 year old daughter....really.

supertoast welcome!! Phoebe is totally adorable. Love the ripped tights.

Whatwedobest, oh my god! I'm still laughing. Nerd disease...hahahaha. Great entry, I'm looking forward to the next one.

wndy26, I put you down, thank you very much.

So now that we have over 10 contestants, the winner is eligible for a star. (Reminds self to pm lemoncandy)
I'm going to get my game installed and see if I can recreate the simmy I had ready before the 'incident'.
I'll put up Round 2 in a little while so everyone can get started.

I'm still taking applications for 9 1/2 more hours.

Sim Princess in Pink
#94 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 12:02 AM
Yay, can't wait for round two .

Please, Call Me Lou :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#95 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 12:06 AM
I''m installing the fracking patches right now so I can use awesomemod...gah this takes so long....

I'm going as fast as I can....*gasp, huff, choke, exhale, fall over*

Scholar
#96 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 12:35 AM Last edited by robokitty : 13th Oct 2009 at 12:48 AM.
Default Application: Edie "Edison" MacIntyre
Class Nerd
Edie "Edison" MacIntyre

Ohayo! My name is Edie MacIntyre, but all my fr--err... my friend calls me Edison after the famous inventor. And I must say that I live up to the monicker! I love poking around into gadgets and figuring out how they work.

Edison's Nerd-like Activity

When I'm not tinkering with electronics, I can usually be found pwning boys in video games.

Edison's Casual Headshot

I have a very "different" way of dressing from my peers. They all think I'm a nerd, but I think I was born in the wrong era. If only Punky Brewster were still popular!

Edison's Bodyshot

I usually don't like going to school dances, but someone I really like asked me out this year! I tried fixing up my glasses with superglue instead of tape and putting on some lipstick, but I feel so self-conscious. Errggghhhh, I hate these types of things

Edison's Formal Headshot

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Scholar
Original Poster
#97 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 12:52 AM
YAY!! I'm so glad you joined robokitty. Edison is awesome. I love her posters. The pig one...I had no idea that was made into a poster.

All righty, I'm off to go in-game to make me a simmy for you all.

Applications are open for 4 more hours for those who want to join.

Oh, I wanted to add, isn't interesting seeing the same sim, but she looks different in each entry?
This next round, it's really going to be wild since......well you'll see.

Lab Assistant
#98 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly

Oh, I wanted to add, isn't interesting seeing the same sim, but she looks different in each entry?
This next round, it's really going to be wild since......well you'll see.

Yeah, it's amazing what hair, make-up, and clothes can do to a sim isn't it? Looking forward to the next round!

Banned
#99 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 2:10 AM
I love all the entries...very creative! I forgot for a moment that they are all technically the same sim!
Test Subject
#100 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 2:26 AM
Bring on round 2 lol
Im so excited
Tis my first contest
And so far more fun then ithought itd be

Page 4 of 12