Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CUSTARD Sims3Pack Cleaner

by Tashiketh Posted 6th Feb 2010 at 11:52 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2018 at 2:49 PM by Tashiketh

555 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 482 Feedback Posts, 72 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 17 of 23
Test Subject
#401 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 6:27 PM
Ok so I have downloaded this succesfully, but I am having a problem as nothing had came up corrupted, it had all came up white, am I right or wrong? Does it need to be red to say its corrupted? I cannot play my sims 3 without it crashing in 5 minutes, this is so frustrating now. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!!! I'm losing the plot lol plus i've only purchased this and it's a real bummer that this is happening! Please help, someone?
Lab Assistant
#402 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 12:58 AM Last edited by zorba2357 : 17th Apr 2013 at 6:13 AM.
I'm also on a windows 7 computer and custard won't work . On my previos computer (vista) I used custard all the time. I tried all kinds of compatibility modes offered , but it just keeps telling me "Sims 3 pack Clean Installer has stopped working".

I have microsoft .NET framework 4 installed. I hate to mess around with that, I don't know if installing .NET framework 2 would fix it, or if it's something I should do? Don't want to mess up anything else in my computer . I do miss being able to see inside the sims 3 packs though.

EDIT: Problem solved with help from someone at sims 3 forum!

Apparently in Vista it could be run straight from winzip, WinRAR or whatever you are using BUT in windows 7 it HAS to be extracted to it's own folder. From there setting compatibility mode to the "properties" of the executable custard file keeps the error message from popping up.
Test Subject
#403 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Racheypoo
Ok so I have downloaded this succesfully, but I am having a problem as nothing had came up corrupted, it had all came up white, am I right or wrong? Does it need to be red to say its corrupted? I cannot play my sims 3 without it crashing in 5 minutes, this is so frustrating now. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!!! I'm losing the plot lol plus i've only purchased this and it's a real bummer that this is happening! Please help, someone?

Not necessarily.

Check out these links for explanations on what to look for when using custard - this outlines some of the types of bad cc

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...-accessory.html

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...-blue-lots.html

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...thumbnails.html

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...s-directly.html

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...-bad-index.html

Hope these help!

My Simblr: PinkFridaySims
Test Subject
#404 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 4:22 PM
I have got my Dad to download Custard for me but when I click it it tell me to select a program to run it on, i don't know what to do at that point? I am running windows 7 (I think) what do I do/download
Mad Poster
#405 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mad4Ponies
I have got my Dad to download Custard for me but when I click it it tell me to select a program to run it on, i don't know what to do at that point? I am running windows 7 (I think) what do I do/download

Have you extracted the files yet or is it still a .rar folder?
If it is still a .rar folder then you need to extract it before you can use it. WinZIP and WinRAR are both programs than can do this.
When the folder has been extracted there will be three files inside and you need to double click on Sims3PackCleaner.exe to run the program.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#406 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 6:16 PM
Everything I scan says corrupted not a DPDF or whatever even from my own stuff where I don't download off the exchange and I don't have CC only store.
Lab Assistant
#407 Old 1st May 2013 at 4:03 AM
Question:

How come when I make a shortcut to the tool, when ever I launch it, it crashes? Right now I have to keep downloading it; I figured a short cut to the desktop would be easy, but when I launch custard it crashes and says its stopped responding.
Mad Poster
#408 Old 1st May 2013 at 11:15 AM
Why not just put the folder on the Desktop instead of using a shortcut if shortcuts crash the program?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#409 Old 5th May 2013 at 7:37 AM
I need help, I scanned a sim and no cc showed up on Custard, but I know for a fact everything on the sim is cc.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...ssetId=6071026#
THAT SIM^
Lab Assistant
#410 Old 5th May 2013 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Why not just put the folder on the Desktop instead of using a shortcut if shortcuts crash the program?

Didn't think of that LOL
Inventor
#411 Old 5th May 2013 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by springfairy556
I need help, I scanned a sim and no cc showed up on Custard, but I know for a fact everything on the sim is cc.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...ssetId=6071026#
THAT SIM^

Are you sure it's sims3Pack cc ? There isn't any, as you said.
Test Subject
#412 Old 9th May 2013 at 5:14 PM
Default How to raise the dead?
Hey Delphy
I have 2 questions.
1.How do I raise the dead using this?
2.Can I clean up sim pack files?

Thank youu
Test Subject
#413 Old 14th May 2013 at 4:06 AM
I am having trouble with custard when I go to clean the pack it becomes unusable after saving if I go try to use the pack it crashes my launcher. Any help would be nice.
Theorist
#414 Old 25th May 2013 at 10:14 PM Last edited by tangie0906 : 27th May 2013 at 5:35 PM.
I'm still getting the "corrupt contains another DBPF - This package contains another package inside it" message on every lot I create and still have no idea what this means (as shown in one of the screenshots I posted on the previous page). Does anyone know?

They don't appear to have any sort of CC on them at all but I sure would like to know what causes this. I have a lot of EA Store content and my suspicion is that this is what is causing this but I sure would like to know for sure.

Edit: I just created a house with EA Store content and got the above message when I opened it in Custard. I then switched my game to a TS3 folder that has no Store content installed at all and created another S3P of the house. This version does NOT get the "corrupt contains another DBPF - This package contains another package inside it" message, which indicates to me that this IS being causes by Store content and is not CC or anything to be concerned about. Yay! :D

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Test Subject
#415 Old 26th May 2013 at 1:43 AM
Okay so I wanted to try this out and help out with the testing however when I opened the custard file three new files came up.

MadScience.Helpers.dll
MadScience.Wrappers.dll
and the Sim3PackCleaner.exe

I tried double clicking on all three and nothing came up. It says there is no default application specified to open up the selected document. What do I do? I am pretty sure I have the right framework. I am using a mac if this helps.
Lab Assistant
#416 Old 27th May 2013 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CuteMena
I am having trouble with custard when I go to clean the pack it becomes unusable after saving if I go try to use the pack it crashes my launcher. Any help would be nice.

I'm having the same Problem.
Test Subject
#417 Old 30th May 2013 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jad0446
I'm having the same Problem.

Aweh sorry to hear that. I hope it gets fixed soon.
Test Subject
#418 Old 7th Jun 2013 at 7:22 PM
I'm also having the same issues with "Corrupt not a DBPF" also on my own items from my studio. I do indeed use the "add to game option" and have done so since the issues in July 2012. I'm not sure but the message only seems to occur mostly on items that contain patterns. I had previously check my items before uploaded and after...so had others (as they were gifts). I've not installed any items that come up this way but there are a LOT of trusted creators that I try and download, only to find this message. I've had so many issues with my game as of late and I'm not sure what is the issue.
Theorist
#419 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 2:42 AM Last edited by tangie0906 : 14th Jun 2013 at 3:01 AM. Reason: Trying to make my meaning clearer!
As I said above, the 'corrupt not a dbfp' messages show up for the thumbnails/pictures. A lot of people will also upload a lot with custom pictures rather than the ugly shots that are included.

These - the .png files or pictures - you don't have to worry about. When you click on 'add to game' those pictures are not being downloaded as part of the S3P anyway, so they are not going into your Downloads folder or game.

What was bothering me is the 'package within a package' message that was showing up on the first line. That .package item on the first line is your actual sims3pack item. But this message is apparently caused when you use paid Store content in your S3P so it appears to be harmless also. At least it is for my items that I was checking, since I don't use CC on them and the CC always shows up on lots as an extra .package file.

The main things you have to watch out for are those extra .package files (in addition to the first line, I mean) as those are likely CC. Sometimes they are easier to see if you move the column line over or maximize the screen. Otherwise you will just see .p...

Also watch for CAS parts that do get listed on the first line along with your S3P. I posted a picture of what that looks like (a sim I found on the Exchange that has a custom eyeliner) a few pages back - check the picture I posted on page 14 to see what I mean.

Edit - Bezader has another picture of a Sims3Pack that is loaded with CC further down on page 14 to see another example.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Test Subject
#420 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 7:17 PM
Default Help!!!!
Quote: Originally posted by PinkFridaySims
Not necessarily.

Check out these links for explanations on what to look for when using custard - this outlines some of the types of bad cc

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...-accessory.html

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...-blue-lots.html

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...thumbnails.html

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...s-directly.html

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...-bad-index.html

Hope these help!

I have kind of the same problem. I ran the Clean Sim program and there are no corrupted files but when im playing im unable to see the baby or do actions to the baby. The links you provided did not have anything that applied to me. In my files I only have 6 packs and 2 folders without packs in them. Could this be my problem?
Test Subject
#421 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 11:13 AM
I have tried for hours to run this tool without any luck and I'm starting to get frustrated. I download it, extract it with WinRAR to a folder and then cklick to run it but it doesn't work. It just pop up a "Sims3PackCleaner have stopped working" box. I've never had this issue with any other program.. I'm on a pc with windows 7.

I have tried to run it as an administrator but that didn't help. Someone who knows how to fix this? That would help me a lot.
Test Subject
#422 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by egogiirl
I have tried for hours to run this tool without any luck and I'm starting to get frustrated. I download it, extract it with WinRAR to a folder and then cklick to run it but it doesn't work. It just pop up a "Sims3PackCleaner have stopped working" box. I've never had this issue with any other program.. I'm on a pc with windows 7.

I have tried to run it as an administrator but that didn't help. Someone who knows how to fix this? That would help me a lot.

I don't mean to question your ability, but I had this problem this morning, and it turned out that I had accidentally deleted the Mad Science Helpers that come with this program. I redownloaded it, extracted it to a single folder, and was able to run it from here. If the .exe program is not in the same place as the Mad Science Helpers.dll and the Mad Science Wrappers.dll, then the program will not work.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#423 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 11:27 PM
Default Current Delphy Custard ? year 2013
So far, every thing I've read tells me MTS_Delphy_1137490_Custard is ALPHA. I haven't been able to find any info or downloads for a completed program. Is there one? I have downloaded the ALPHA version (at least I assume that is what it is). I can't find the page now that gives the instructions on 'use' :o( I had Sims 2 version, but this is so different. If possible, please answer via my e-mail at [email protected].
Test Subject
#424 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 3:35 AM
I'm on a Mac and running Custard through mono. It installed and unzipped fine, opens easy enough when I launch it through Terminal and mono, but every time I try to use this, it crashes once I click on "File". Anyone have any ideas?
Lab Assistant
#425 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 12:17 AM
Hi I'm using Custard on Mac and when I scan my "Downloads" folder, a lot (almost all) of my CC downloaded from creators around the web (like clothing from Anubis) doesn't show up in the list of sims3pack, does someone know why ?

And when I try to uncheck some .package in a sims3pack file and "Save As..." through Custard, re-opening that new file crashes Custard, is that normal ?

Quote: Originally posted by stfudakota
I'm on a Mac and running Custard through mono. It installed and unzipped fine, opens easy enough when I launch it through Terminal and mono, but every time I try to use this, it crashes once I click on "File". Anyone have any ideas?

Mine works almost fine even if it is unstable (crashes, blocks etc).
Try to reinstall mono maybe ? I think I remember I had to download a specific (older) version of Mono, not the most recent one, did you had to do that too ?
Page 17 of 23