Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#751 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 9:56 AM
If you take a look at the current rubrics for pictures (in the common thread), OM, you'll see that your previous reject wouldn't have happened under the current or new system - or rather, the screenshots portion of the CR wouldn't have, which presumably would have meant you wouldn't have abandoned the upload. So yeah, we can't change the past, but we have changed the present and future.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#752 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 12:15 PM
OM, if you make a post in Creator Issues I can talk to you about it myself - unfortunately the records on what happened with your stuff was a little spotty (the actual reject reasons got removed so all I can see is the "Okay then, rejecting" type note from the moderator on it, not what was actually ticked). I can't make a thread in there on your behalf myself as it's currently coded so that only the thread creator (i.e. you) and moderators can view the thread - if I made it, you wouldn't be able to see it. But I do want to talk to you about this and get it resolved, and I'm looking at your scorecard right now with the numbers... just did not handle the uploads myself the first time around and thus do not feel qualified (or that it would be a fair thing to do) to just start randomly pushing buttons to fix it, y'know? And while I can ask the moderators involved in the uploads the first time what happened (as I'm doing and waiting for an answer back), they can't access this page to change it as it's an admin-only thing.

We can't go back in time to fix the errors happening, but I can adjust the numbers so that those errors no longer count against you. I just need a bit more info on how we got to those numbers in the first place.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#753 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 2:00 PM
I believe this one http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=964.0 was CR'd because the pose didn't look inspirational enough. I was proud to have it at simlogical. I don't know if "inspirational" was ever on the rubrics or whether the moderator at the time just preferred things that way. It was the first horse pose ever made by anyone for TS3, and I think MTS would have been proud to have it first, too.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#754 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 2:27 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 22nd Nov 2013 at 2:43 PM.
That is... not at all what it was CR'd for. Not even close. "Inspirational" was not mentioned in the CR text written by the moderator. Did a bit more searching and found the text that OM had copy-pasted into Creator Issues for it. And, as before, I would be happy to talk to OM about it and get this resolved in Creator Issues... but as this is really about OM's specific uploads, this thread really isn't the place to do it.

ETA: Actually the CR I'm looking at is for a similar set (same horse model, presented similarly, same level of quality - thus slightly confused, apologies). I don't see that the set referenced had been uploaded here at all. But again, this is about OM's thing, so I will talk to her about this stuff in CI.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
#755 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 2:31 PM
Oh maybe I was getting it mixed up with another of her uploads. She definitely told me one of them had that comment. Was that ever an actual rubric that could be applied? (To any upload, if you prefer to keep this thread general)

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#756 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 2:39 PM
No, that's never been a rubric that could be applied. It's technically possible to have done so in an "Other" or "Specific notes about this section" comment (i.e. the personally-written, not-preset-text we can send along with the rubrics) but... if I ever found out a moderator had rejected/CR'd something for no good reason and just put "Not inspirational enough" in the "other" reasons, they would be getting a significant smack upside the head with a clue-by-four.

#757 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 2:42 PM
Well there's always the possibility that my memory is failing Hope it all gets sorted out anyway.

Alchemist
#758 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 3:33 AM
Actually the word used was "expressive"...I was told the screenshots I took of my poses weren't "expressive" enough....close enough to inspirational to not be a sign of failing memory imo. I had no idea then what that meant and I still don't have any idea what it means now...I mean really...how do you fix something with a CR like that?

I did post all this in CI at the time I got these messages with a copy/paste of the message I received. I'm not gonna bother posting it all again because 1. those posts are still there so any mod can read them and see what I'm talking about and 2. posting about this ridiculous nonsense did me no good the first time around so I have no reason to think it would have any better result reposting the same thing again.

Ty for speaking up for me Inge. Apologies for posting somewhat OT HP.
Top Secret Researcher
#759 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 11:23 AM
I feel like these changes will be a great improvement! Having to wait several days until my offering is finally through the queue was one of the reasons why I eventually became less active here (besides life, of course).

Found a little error in the new TS2 Sims rules, though. Under Screenshots - Size it says images can be up to 800 mb. I think that's a typo.

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Top Secret Researcher
#760 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Psychosim
I feel like these changes will be a great improvement! Having to wait several days until my offering is finally through the queue was one of the reasons why I eventually became less active here (besides life, of course).

That was also for me the reason why I became less active here.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#761 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 11:45 AM
rofl thanks Psychosim, that should be kb not mb. 800 mb might be a -bit- much. I've fixed it!

Top Secret Researcher
#762 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 11:59 AM
I've just read the message about the changes on the site.
With the new way of moderating, does that mean that creations which were rejected in the past (e.g. bedding rejected because the picture was taken from a slightly different angle than the ones which were accepted) will now be accepted?

Would it be worth it to go look for those old creations of mine and upload them?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
retired moderator
Original Poster
#763 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 12:24 PM
There's quite a lot of things that would probably be fine now, yes.

Looking at the bedding recolours you did back in March/April, I think a higher angle that is more from above than the side/foot of the bed would be good, as it's a little hard to see the textures from some of those pics... For instance, the green/brown/orange stripey one, its picture is okay in angle enough that the textures are pretty clearly visible (but only just), but the burberry more showed the end of the beds than the bedding (and also it looks like that one isn't seamless on a single bed). But yeah, if stuff has been rejected, check against the guidelines and maybe try 'em again now.

Top Secret Researcher
#764 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 1:17 PM
Well I think (it's a long time ago) that I remade the pictures but didn't upload them again here. I would upload them like this now:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-czRALOb7D...te-20130127.jpg

(It's small here, but it's bigger normally)

retired moderator
Original Poster
#765 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 1:45 PM
Sure, that angle in a larger size pic would be perfect.

Mad Poster
#766 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 11:31 PM
I just got this error message - trying to upload contest pictures... I thought it was 800kb? I'll shrink my picture, but I thought ya'll should know

"File Too Large. Limit for this filetype is 781.3 KB. Your file is 790.7 KB."

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#767 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 11:43 PM
Are they jpegs Catherine? Mine are about 700-nearly 800 Kb, but mine are jpegs.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#768 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Are they jpegs Catherine? Mine are about 700-nearly 800 Kb, but mine are jpegs.

Yes, all are jpeg... strange? I actually had 2 pictures bounce back...

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#769 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 1:19 AM
Yes, I think HP set the limit to 800,000 bytes rather than 800kb, much like D set the limit to 250,000 bytes instead of 250kb last time. Because multiplying in fours is tricky . It's fixed.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#770 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 12:54 PM
It would be nice if you could upload more than one zipfile at once like you can upload more than one picture at once. At least when the thread already exists and there is an update.

Page 31 of 31