Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 3:09 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Cloning Sims
This is a really ridiculous question, I realise. However, I want to be absolutely sure I'm not corrupting my future hoods.

In Body Shop, when I click the "clone" icon, under build/create sims, is it the clone that will appear on the next screen for editing purposes (hair, clothing genetics etc.), as opposed to the original exported sim?

And if so, I assume it is also the clone (wearing the new clothes that I've put it in) that will appear first in the list of sims available to be packaged, in the "package sims" section?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 3:35 AM
Normally it will show up near the front and the extracted sim near the back. Make sure to delete the extracted sim and to use the clone.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 6:12 AM
If you want to be sure, change something significant in the clone, something you can tell at a glance, and package the one with the change.
And delete the original entirely.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 1:59 PM
Hiya, what I usually do is, when I'm extracting the sim, rename it to the sim's name. Then after you have cloned the sim, go to your Saved Sims folder and remove the files that are the sim's names. The clones files will be a mix of letters and numbers.