Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 12:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Organizing Townies into Families
I'm in the process of making townies for an empty neighborhood. I've seen premade townies organized by household. When you call or summon a townie, you can find them under the Smiths or whatever instead of having to scroll through the list searching for an individual name. The individual name list could be very long. How do I do that? Do I make a household with the surname Jones, move the sims into the Jones household, then make them townies? Would they retain the household name? Is there some other way to do it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 1:11 PM
Back up the neighborhood and try.

If you want to change the household a townie is in, it can be done in SimPE, in the FAMI data.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eliset
Would they retain the household name? Is there some other way to do it?

Sorry but no, they will go in separate.
I don't know how to do it but you can try this.
Use SimPE and find out how the reg. townies are listed and what house hold there in and try the same type of set up for your townies you are making.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 2:51 PM
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. Unfortunate events get in the way.

I tried both ways, making townies from a household ingame and changing the FAMI name in SimPE. Neither of them worked. Somehow EA managed it but there doesn't appear to be any straightforward (or even sideways) way to get the same result.

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 7:21 PM
Using the FAMI data, you can move townies from one household to another. There's an Add/Remove button with a drop-down field in center right of the data screen (IIRC; can't look at SimPE right now).

If changing the name, you may have to change in more than one place. I know when making a townie into a playable, there's a text string I have to change.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)