Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 9:31 AM Last edited by FemGamerPlayer : 5th Apr 2014 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Fixed problem

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Community Lots not Loading- Need Help Identifying problem content
Okay, so tonight I was playing my game, and decided to go to some community lots for the first time since installing the game on this computer. But they wouldn't load. I then used boolprop to see if I could identify the error, and I did. The problem? I can't figure out what sort of content (custom or otherwise) the error log is referring to. And I'd like to delete it if possible (the lot that I entered with boolprop worked fine after I selected "delete", but I'd rather not have to use that cheat every time I go to a community lot! I don't like using boolprop unless absolutely neccesary, due to the issues it can cause!). I'm attaching the error log, along with the file that was generated when I selected "delete" (just to make sure I have all the bases covered). If someone could look them over and figure out what's up, I'd be very grateful.

Oh, and if this topic isn't in the right section (hopefully it is, but I'm terrible at figuring out what section to put stuff like this in!), then I ask that a mod please move it!

Edit: Since the forum doesn't auto-list them like the EPs for some reason, I figured I'd also tell you that I have all the stuff packs as well.

Found the problem! It was a streetlamp (one of the Maxis ones, so I'm not sure why it was causing issues, but oh well). I deleted all of that kind of streetlight (from the lots, I mean), replaced them with a different type, and viola! Community lot issue solved!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Errorfiles.zip (14.3 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 2:52 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Problem Custom Content
    Your issue is related to conflicting, outdated, or badly made custom content. Please follow the Finding Problem Custom Content FAQ.

A Maxis made object shouldn't cause the problem that you described so it's most likely a custom content object that's conflicting. A number of years ago (when BV first came out), I had something that was conflicting with the big Polynesian fountain found on the BV ruins community lots. The problem cc object wasn't on the lot but I was still having crashing problems. I'd take the time to put the Maxis streetlights back in and go through the 50-50 method to see if you can find the cc that's causing the glitch.