Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 6:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default downloads dont show up
ok hello guys..so im not new to this game and i have been playing much time... i have all the expenshion packs and suddenly all my downloads dont show..i've read all explenatio0ns and did all what said and non of it works!! im really not sure what is the problem because when the game goes up i have the thing where its says "enable content"..and i press it to enable and it even shows me the downloads i have but in the game they dont appear..i deleted all the game and reinstalled again and still no..i downloaded new things and still no..my folder of downloads is with the capital D and still no...im really upset that i cant play and that i cant find any answer to this problem...
i really hope you have some idea for me to try cuz i really have no clue
thanks in advence
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KAKADO
ok hello guys..so im not new to this game and i have been playing much time... i have all the expenshion packs and suddenly all my downloads dont show..i've read all explenatio0ns and did all what said and non of it works!! im really not sure what is the problem because when the game goes up i have the thing where its says "enable content"..and i press it to enable and it even shows me the downloads i have but in the game they dont appear..i deleted all the game and reinstalled again and still no..i downloaded new things and still no..my folder of downloads is with the capital D and still no...im really upset that i cant play and that i cant find any answer to this problem...
i really hope you have some idea for me to try cuz i really have no clue
thanks in advence
Do you have WinRAR or WinZIP installed? If not you need one of those. First you need to make sure you have this in the correct order: C:\Users\*Name*\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 (or it will have an EP after it)\Downloads. Make sure it is a capital D and it has an s at the end of download. The folder name should look like this "Downloads" If you have everything like that try going to something and installing it MAKE SURE YOU PUT IT IN THE "Downloads" FOLDER Once you did that you need to pull up your Downloads folder and right click the content and unzip it, and if you need to install a Sim2Pack file double click it and hit "Yes". Wait for the bodyshop installer (Or if you have clean installer, I highly recommend it) then click "Install" and the content should be in your game.
EDIT: Do you have the mesh for the content? If not that is very important and you need it in your Downloads folder in order for it to work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smh0407
Do you have WinRAR or WinZIP installed? If not you need one of those. First you need to make sure you have this in the correct order: C:\Users\*Name*\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 (or it will have an EP after it)\Downloads. Make sure it is a capital D and it has an s at the end of download. The folder name should look like this "Downloads" If you have everything like that try going to something and installing it MAKE SURE YOU PUT IT IN THE "Downloads" FOLDER Once you did that you need to pull up your Downloads folder and right click the content and unzip it, and if you need to install a Sim2Pack file double click it and hit "Yes". Wait for the bodyshop installer (Or if you have clean installer, I highly recommend it) then click "Install" and the content should be in your game.
EDIT: Do you have the mesh for the content? If not that is very important and you need it in your Downloads folder in order for it to work.

i have winrar/winzip and my downloads are in the right place and is written Downloads and i have sim2pack i didnt change anything since the last time i playd that was like 5 month ago..and for some reason now it doesnt show my downloads..and i have the meshes..
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 7:41 PM
i have winrar/winzip and my downloads are in the right place and is written Downloads and i have sim2pack i didnt change anything since the last time i playd that was like 5 month ago..and for some reason now it doesnt show my downloads..and i have the meshes..
Try making a new Downloads folder and move all the CC you have in your old Downloads to the new one..
EDIT: Is it all your CC or just like objects, hair, makeup, clothes..?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 7:48 PM
Try making a new Downloads folder and move all the CC you have in your old Downloads to the new one..
EDIT: Is it all your CC or just like objects, hair, makeup, clothes..?

the walls and floors show up but all the furnitures no..
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 7:55 PM
the walls and floors show up but all the furnitures no..
Go to the website you downloaded it from and try to re-installing it..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 8:08 PM
Go to the website you downloaded it from and try to re-installing it..

i will try to this.. but i already tried it and didnt work..i downloaded from this website "mod the sims" to see really that there isnt any problems with my downloads but you can guess how that end hahah nothing cahnged ..
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 8:10 PM
i will try to this.. but i already tried it and didnt work..i downloaded from this website "mod the sims" to see really that there isnt any problems with my downloads but you can guess how that end hahah nothing cahnged ..
Lol I am running out of ideas.. Try googling it or download a program that might help.
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#9 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 8:15 PM
I had the same problem after installing a new EP, it has nothing to do with where you get your downloads from, you can still trust MTS
Have you done the following? First Step is enabling CC and making sure the dialog does not show up when you start the game.
If that doesn't work (which it didn't for me, it's a bit hit-and-miss but you need to do it), try this: Second Step, especially what is posted under the title "Config Files". This worked for me, but make sure you do everything in the right order, and test often whenever it tells you to, no need to mess with the game if it's not absolutely necessary
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Klaartje
I had the same problem after installing a new EP, it has nothing to do with where you get your downloads from, you can still trust MTS
Have you done the following? First Step is enabling CC and making sure the dialog does not show up when you start the game.
If that doesn't work (which it didn't for me, it's a bit hit-and-miss but you need to do it), try this: Second Step, especially what is posted under the title "Config Files". This worked for me, but make sure you do everything in the right order, and test often whenever it tells you to, no need to mess with the game if it's not absolutely necessary

ok i will try what u say and let u know...
for the one up i tried seaching in google but all the ideas there is there i already know and tried haha this forum is my last hope..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 8:57 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Klaartje your second step TOTALY helped!!!! omg!! im sooooooooooooo happy i thought i will never play again hahahah thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it really said "true" instead of false in the second line!! thank you thank you and for smh0407 also for trying to help me!!! this furom is the best!!! )))))))))))))
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#12 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 9:07 PM
You're welcome, glad it did the trick Happy simming!
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved