Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 1:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons
Default Game keeps crashing after loading household up to 30 minutes.
I'm going mental. I've spent the last three days trying to figure out why my game would at first not even load up (black screen of doom) and then crash after loading the household. I've gotten as far as playing around a half hour before it crashes, but usually it's around 10-15 minutes in, including loading time.

Error message is

"Sims 3 has stopped working - a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

At first it wouldn't even load and would just freeze on the black screen. So, I ran without CC and mods and identified what I thought were the problem files. I got rid of those, used the Sim Dashboard to get rid of all corrupted and conflicting files. After more testing I got it to load up and play for that half hour and then, boom, crash again. For what it's worth I've mostly been testing in Monte Vista.

It doesn't matter if it's in full screen or windowed, it still crashes. It also does that horrible dimming screen thing whenever I minimize the game and come back to it.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Specs
Windows 8.1 64-bit, AMD Radeon HD 7730M, DirectX 11
Base Game patched to 1.67.2
Expansions: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, & Seasons
They're all digital on Origin, no discs.

All drivers are up to date.

DxDiag

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 1:47 AM
If you actually got rid of bad files, they might still be saved to the savegame you're trying to load. If you don't use NRaas ErrorTrap already, you could try getting that, loading up the problem game and letting time tick for maybe 10 seconds or so, save it, then quit and reload. ErrorTrap dereferences stuff that you don't have anymore, so if there's bad stuff in your savegame, that MIGHT get rid of it.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
If you actually got rid of bad files, they might still be saved to the savegame you're trying to load. If you don't use NRaas ErrorTrap already, you could try getting that, loading up the problem game and letting time tick for maybe 10 seconds or so, save it, then quit and reload. ErrorTrap dereferences stuff that you don't have anymore, so if there's bad stuff in your savegame, that MIGHT get rid of it.

I recently got ErrorTrap, so I'll give that a try, thanks.