Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 5:49 PM
Now for the importing part....
I was reading an easy to follow tutorial by, Snazza? I was so excited tell it ended and I found out it doesn't show you how to import the mesh. Delphy's? tutorial is kind of hard to follow. Does n e one know where I can find an importing tutorial??? If you do, you guys will have a beautiful canopy crib set.... :spin: Please!:spin:
Advertisement
#2 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EternalxLove26
I was reading an easy to follow tutorial by, Snazza? I was so excited tell it ended and I found out it doesn't show you how to import the mesh. Delphy's? tutorial is kind of hard to follow. Does n e one know where I can find an importing tutorial??? If you do, you guys will have a beautiful canopy crib set.... :spin: Please!:spin:

Okay, I'm new at this so don't get mad if I confuse you even more. Do you mean importing your edited .obj file back into the mesh file? Did you extract the four files (gmdc, gmdn, cres and shape I think) from the mesh already? If you did that, put all four of those in a new package file, and then right click on the gmdc file and select 'extract'. Then, open up the 'mod the sims meshtool' (you can find it by searching for 'mesh tool') and run it. Select 'load 3d file' and then select the mesh you edited. Then, click on 'load sims2 mesh' (it will be highlighted and clickable now) and select the gmdc file that you extracted. Save it as something you can recognize, such as 'replace me' (that's what I call it at least. lol). Then, go back into the package you made with the four files, and go down to the gmdc file, and right click on 'replace'. Then select the .simpe file you just created with the mesh tool. On a side note, be sure to click "commit" whenever you make any changes with Simpe.

I'm not sure that's even the question you had though. If you want to know how to exact an object, find the gmdc file (in the sims03 package) and then click on 'export' in the plugins view.

I hope that helps. I just learned most of this just a few days ago, and I'm not very good at helping people. lol.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 11:17 PM
Thanks for your help! But, even THAT confused me! lol It's not you, it's me, I'm very slow when it comes to this. It took me forever to just do one recolor! Infact I don't think I did it right till the object workshop came out in SimPe. :spin:
Locked thread