Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alext369
Hey, the distant terrain does not show up, everything else does, and I have the file installed. Help ? ta :D

Hey alext369, are you using my updated files? If not, please redownload.

It definitely shows up for me- to test I redownloaded from my links and reinstalled, then created a test world.

There are a couple of things you can try.
1) Make sure you have file Bluefunk_Riverview_DistantTerrain_InGame.package.zip in your GAME framework.

2) Redownload and reinstall Riverview from the EA Store.
Riverview
Do not decrapify the Sims3Pack (as that will change the identity of the objects). The reason I updated my files is because the patch seems to have changed something with the way Sims3Packs are installed- so reinstalling Riverview will ensure it is the same as the install I used to create these files.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 6:08 PM
I have the file, Its with the others, they all show up :/ I recently redownloaded everything anyway. But ill try again. If not, Ill post back here! Thanks :D

If you like Sims stuff, I have some videos on YouTube?
@LordCrumps
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 6:19 PM
Downloaded both Riverview and the distant terrain, Fingers crossed :D

@LordCrumps
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 6:21 PM
Yay! It works! Thank Phew!!

@LordCrumps
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 6:32 PM
Thanks Crumpy- good to know it works! Thanks for testing, please let me know if you find any other glitches!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 6:45 PM
What it was was I had both Terrain files installed. Silly me :D

@LordCrumps
Field Researcher
#32 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 4:40 PM
Thanks Simsample, after discussing this on N99 and looking over this post I realized I hadn't thanked you here. So better late then not at all. {{{Hugs}}}
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 6:13 PM
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#34 Old 20th Feb 2011 at 10:20 PM
So...patched my game to the latest update (1.19.44/6.2.4) and had to redownload CAW as well. All of the Riverview items now no longer show up in CAW. I redownloaded your latest update and this did not fix anything. I am done with patches until I am done with this world now. Did something change the way the resources are coded (I have no idea how it actually works) and is there any way to get, at the very least, the barn, distant terrain, and arched bridges back? They were huge components (okay, not the barn but the rest) and I don't know what to do without them!

Edit: Okay, scratch that. The barn is still there. Not sure why but it still is but the bridges and DT are gone.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 12:05 AM
heaven_sent_8_18, I'm using the latest game version and they show up fine for me. I'm working on a world which uses these items, and it is still intact both in-game and in CAW.

The DT and bridges are different from the other files in that they require you to have Riverview, the CAW files AND the in-game files installed. As the barn shows up then I'm guessing that you don't have the DT and bridge in-game files installed to your Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ Mods folder.

What I would suggest to do is to redownload everything and reinstall, making sure that you have the CAW files in your CAW framework and the Game files in your Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ Mods folder.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#36 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 12:08 AM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 21st Feb 2011 at 12:25 AM.
Actually, I do have both installed as well as Riverview. When they disappeared after the patch, I got rid of everything and reinstalled it all. Not there. I have all the things required in the correct places. The bridges and the DT are in the CAW framework, in the same place they were before, the in game version are in my mods folder, same as before as well. They completely disappeared from my game and are not listed in metadata for me to even choose. Not sure what else could possibly be wrong.

Edit: Figured it out. I had to completely redo the Resource file. Everything else was right but that got messed up with the update. Duh...

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 12:42 AM
Well done, I'm glad you fixed it!
Test Subject
#38 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 11:34 PM
Sorry, maybe I'm dense or maybe I've missed something. None of the items I've downloaded are showing in CAW- those items would be the RV DT, the Twinbrook barn and the RV bridges.

Following the instructions for the CAW framework, I modified the resource.cfg file and created the symbolic link. I then placed the items in the game packages folder. I have Riverview installed. What am I missing? Any help you can offer is appreciated....
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 7:33 PM
GroverJones, can you get it to work without the symbolic link (so if you just use a straightforward CAW framework and put the files in there)? There's really no way for me to determine whether you have created the symbolic link correctly from here.
Test Subject
#40 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:56 PM
i really love this idea and would love to use the distant terrain, however, i have done everything in the instructions and i have riverview installed, but it is not showing up in create a world, the only thing for me that does is one of the bridges.
Test Subject
#41 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:06 PM
sorry got it to work now! had a blonde moment Thanks so much for these files they are amazing!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#42 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 3:25 AM
Simsample, just curious but is there any way to unlock the CAW cranes to get in buydebug? Would be lovely for empty city lots for future builders so the land isn't completely bare.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 3:57 AM
Heaven, yes- you'd just need to override Unknown 7 in the OBJD and edit the flags to show up in whichever catalog menu you want.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:0x319E4F1D

More detail of how to do this here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...9&goto=lastpost
That's describing how to override the price, but the method is the same as Unknown7 is in the OBJD.
Test Subject
#44 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 10:12 AM
Thanks for sharing your great work! I just downloaded everything and can`t wait to test your files.
Test Subject
#45 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 2:09 AM
Thanks for these
I was wondering if you knew of a tutorial to add objects from the game into CAW.
There are a few fences/walls that I would quite like in my world and I'm not really sure how to go about this
In fact I've spent what seems like most of the day searching with no success so far.

Thanks soo much for these again, you guys are brilliant!

Gaz
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 2:26 AM
Test Subject
#47 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
MadGaz, I linked it in my first post, this tutorial:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...9E4F1D#Unknown7

Thanks again for your help. I think I wasn't very clear though - sorry
I'm trying to find out how to find the objects in S3PE and then how to add the extra bit of code so they show up in CAW - sorry it was quite late when I sent the first message and I think my brain had gone tosleep without me

I'm probably asking a completely daft question but do we need to copy the packages into the package folder in CAW too?

Sorry for sounding like a complete plonker

Gaz
Test Subject
#48 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 11:09 PM
You are one of kind! Merci merci!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 3:49 PM
Thanks trystiane!

Gaz- yes, that link I gave you is to do exactly that.

From the wiki article:
Quote:
Showing Objects In World Editor and Create-a-World Catalog

Basically all objects can be made to appear in World Editor or Create-a-World catalog. To make an object appear on those catalogs, apply this value on your desired object OBJD data:

Set Version in CommonBlock to 0x0000000E.
Set Unknown7[3] to 0x01 (IsVisibleInWorldBuilder to TRUE in later versions of S3Pe)
If you want the object to show up in the World Editor catalog, set BuildCategoryFlags to 0x00001000 (Tree), 0x00002000 (Rock), or 0x00008000 (Community/Misc. Objects).

In order to make your CAW recognize your custom content, You will need to create a CC Framework like the framework for The Sims 3 games inside your CAW program folder. As soon as the CAW load the flagged custom content, it will appears in CAW catalog.

The article describing how to set up CAW framework is here:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:CAW_Framework

Yes, you need to have the modded files in the CAW framework- if you also want them to show up in the in-game world editor then you can put the files in your game framework (Mods folder) too. Some people set up a symbolic link between their game mods folder and CAW framework so that they only need to have one copy, but I prefer to keep them separate (as some items, like custom distant terrains, may not be desirable in the in-game world editor).
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 12:42 AM
Thanks for this, simsample!

My picnic baskets got borked somehow in my game, and I didn't see any way to fix them until I happened upon your thread. This will be perfect, so thanks so much.
Page 2 of 11