Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 10:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural
Default The Sims 3 NRaas - Story Progression for Active Household
Hi there! Just wondering if anyone had any idea if there was an option to turn on NRaas Story Progression for your active household, and if so, which setting it is under.
I have looked through the menu in-game, but quite honestly I have no idea what I'm doing and am terrified of breaking it - there are so many options!
Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 11:26 AM
Once installed Story Progression is on and automatically replaces EA's SP. Perhaps if you explain what you are trying to do we will be better able to help.

The mod has many levels and can be overwhelming when first starting out using it. Even the FAQ's can be overwhelming when first looking at them. Take a look on this page at This Mod Is Huge Where Do I Start and see if that helps you out a bit.

There are lots of folks over here familiar with the mod but you might want to consider posting questions over where the mod lives. That is what we are there for Feel free to post questions over at NRaas Chatterbox . You need to register (it's free) to be able to post. See Becoming A Member On This Page
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 6:07 PM Last edited by LeeAlee : 27th Jan 2017 at 6:43 PM.
After you've installed the mod, cleared/deleted your scriptCache.package file from your The Sims 3 folder, and started up your game, you should get a popup in the middle of your screen asking if you want Story Progression to run. If you click on the check mark, it should be working. If you X out of that notice, you can at any time activate Story Progression by clicking on any in-game computer (also available on City Hall).

*Path to activate and deactivate SP...
Click on any in-game computer or City Hall > NRaas > Story Progression > General Options > Enable Progression (click on this to change False to True). Click on the check marks in the lower right corner of the field to accept your change(s).
*When your game begins to run, you should get a popup notice confirming that Story Progression is activated.

You can also disable Story Progression using the same path, changing it to False.

This is the SP notice that you should have seen in the center of your screen...
Welcome to NRaas Story Progression mod!
It appears this is the first time using this mod in this town. Currently this mod's story progression is disabled, and not maintaining the neighborhood.
Do you wish to enable the Story Progression now? If you choose to turn it on later, you may do so via any computer in town.

*I also need to add that Story Progression in general will not maintain your active household in the same way it does your town. It's your household to play in the manner you like.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 10:50 PM
I'm going to take the above responses a step further and give a slightly different answer to the question as stated. "Sorry, but no."

The very definition of story progression, whether it be EA's, NRaas', or AwesomeMod's, is that which pushes the inactive residents in your world around and causes them to progress in either a random or somewhat orderly manner. Although NRaas SP does provide guidelines for all sims' behavior in town, and many of those will affect your actives, it's not within its purview to progress them as it's just not meant to do that. There are a couple of exceptions here and there. For example there is a setting to push actives out of their home lot and into town on their own (it's off by default, many players would actually find that behavior upsetting), but that's not exactly progression.

What drives actives to do things, when it's all working properly, are their traits, wishes, LTW, short term motives, Free Will, and the availability of objects and other sims around them. But yes, ultimately it is up to the player to guide them through their lives as they see fit.