Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 3:57 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims 3 Not Recognizing Graphics Card
I've tried to make my graphics card be recognized by the sims 3 but it hasn't worked out because I haven't been able to figure out how to do it for my graphics card. Here's what comes up when I look at the DeviceConfig. Any help is appreciated thank you!

=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
Name (database): AMD Radeon R7 200 Series [Found: 0, Matched: 0]
Vendor: ATI
Chipset: Vendor: 1002, Device: 6610, Board: 72501682, Chipset: 0000
Driver: aticfx32.dll, Version: 8.17.10.1395, GUID: D7B71EE2-2550-11CF-4170-5A52BEC2C535
Driver version: 1395
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 3304MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 8:47 AM
This is the easiest way: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post4782510

Your Device ID is 6610 so you would be using 0x6610 in the relevant line in GraphicsCards.sgr. I'm not sure if the Radeon HD 7900 as mentioned is the best profile to be borrowing for an R7 200, others can confirm, but it's worth a try.
Instructor
#3 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheygirl14
I've tried to make my graphics card be recognized by the sims 3 but it hasn't worked out because I haven't been able to figure out how to do it for my graphics card. Here's what comes up when I look at the DeviceConfig. Any help is appreciated thank you!

Just like Igazor says, the only problem for your AMD Radeon R7 200 Series is to determine what is this AMD Radeon R7 200 Series classification under the old ATi/AMD Radeon naming format? Few years back, ATi (now AMD) Radeon.. for example ATi Radeon HD x850 like the 4th of its generation was named HD 4850, 5th gen HD 5850, 6th gen HD 6850 HD and 7th gen HD 7850, now they changed those naming to R7 XXX series so it's a bit tricky to classify the new naming to the old naming format as the old naming format is the one listed in the GraphicCards.sgr file.

The problem is, it may damage your card if you put your R7 200 Series as the higher class graphic card in the old naming, because in the old naming format the last 3 digits of the cards model is the same like in Nvidia naming format in classifying their graphic cards line-up. If the HD 7900 series in the old name format is higher than the R7 200 Series, it will stressed up your R7 200 series when running TS3, it's almost like overclocking it but without you knowing..

So to be safe, my suggestion to fit your AMD Radeon R7 200 Series to TS3 and recognized by TS3 is; download GPU-Z , and then when you run GPU-Z, write down your R7 200 Series' Pixel Fillrate /s, Texture Fillrate /s, and its Bus Width and Bandwidth, after you wrote them down, go google for HD 7900 Series GPU-Z screenshots, if it's higher than yours don't use HD 7900 Series for your R7 200, go lower than HD 7900 series until you find the one that closest or matched to your R7 200 Series' Pixel Fillrate /s, Texture Fillrate /s, and its Bus Width and Bandwidth, this way it won't harm your R7 200 Series in the long run..
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
Just like Igazor says, the only problem for your AMD Radeon R7 200 Series is to determine what is this AMD Radeon R7 200 Series classification under the old ATi/AMD Radeon naming format?...

Since an R7 200 is admittedly not likely to be the sharpest tool in the drawer, I wonder if it would serve the OP better to suggest a more middle range AMD profile to borrow to begin with? Or is even that not possible without checking because there were too many cards of differing strengths within that series?
Instructor
#5 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I wonder if it would serve the OP better to suggest a more middle range AMD profile to borrow to begin with? Or is even that not possible without checking because there were too many cards of differing strengths within that series?

That's what I mean but only if the HD 7900 is actually higher class than the OP's graphic card, because even in the more middle range AMD profile there are so many variants, if it's lower then it's fine.. it wouldn't harm the OP's graphic card.., what I'm concern about is.. when a lower card been set with high-end card profile in TS3, that would be the same like.. when we're in TS3's graphic option main menu, we set the bars all to the right or highest settings, this would force the lower card to work beyond its max recommended performance, just like when TS3 doesn't recognize the graphic card, and it's not only contributing some lags to the gameplay because of this settings, but higher temperature operation as well on the graphic card.

Is not that is not possible without checking, but this new naming format is still too new to general users, so most of the users are not familiar with what this new card replacing in the older cards line-up, and I personally couldn't think of any other way how to check this newer generation cards without having a look through its performance table that we can found with the help of GPU-Z, the problem is.. it is time consuming for sure.. when we google the older cards GPU-Z's screenshots to compare them with the new card..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 6:28 AM
Just like Igazor says, the only problem for your AMD Radeon R7 200 Series is to determine what is this AMD Radeon R7 200 Series classification under the old ATi/AMD Radeon naming format? Few years back, ATi (now AMD) Radeon.. for example ATi Radeon HD x850 like the 4th of its generation was named HD 4850, 5th gen HD 5850, 6th gen HD 6850 HD and 7th gen HD 7850, now they changed those naming to R7 XXX series so it's a bit tricky to classify the new naming to the old naming format as the old naming format is the one listed in the GraphicCards.sgr file.

The problem is, it may damage your card if you put your R7 200 Series as the higher class graphic card in the old naming, because in the old naming format the last 3 digits of the cards model is the same like in Nvidia naming format in classifying their graphic cards line-up. If the HD 7900 series in the old name format is higher than the R7 200 Series, it will stressed up your R7 200 series when running TS3, it's almost like overclocking it but without you knowing..

So to be safe, my suggestion to fit your AMD Radeon R7 200 Series to TS3 and recognized by TS3 is; download GPU-Z , and then when you run GPU-Z, write down your R7 200 Series' Pixel Fillrate /s, Texture Fillrate /s, and its Bus Width and Bandwidth, after you wrote them down, go google for HD 7900 Series GPU-Z screenshots, if it's higher than yours don't use HD 7900 Series for your R7 200, go lower than HD 7900 series until you find the one that closest or matched to your R7 200 Series' Pixel Fillrate /s, Texture Fillrate /s, and its Bus Width and Bandwidth, this way it won't harm your R7 200 Series in the long run..

I compared them to the HD 7900 and it was a lot higher
Instructor
#7 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 12:42 PM
I compared them to the HD 7900 and it was a lot higher

Can you post your GPU-Z screenshot here? Maybe I can look that up for you to find the one that fits your AMD R7 200 Series..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 2:45 AM
Can you post your GPU-Z screenshot here? Maybe I can look that up for you to find the one that fits your AMD R7 200 Series..

Here you go
Screenshots
Instructor
#9 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 1:00 PM Last edited by PapaEmy : 20th Jan 2017 at 5:00 PM.
Here you go

Hi again, sorry I can't really find the perfect match for your AMD R7 200 Series, but the closest and safe one for TS3 in my opinion would be the HD 7570 based from here: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/393/radeon-hd-7570, the memory bus is the same as yours at 128bit, the bandwidth is also close to yours, and the pixel and texture fillrate /s are below yours, so I think if you put your R7 200 as the HD 7500 Series when editing the GraphicCards.sgr, it won't harm your card, and you still have some space to play around the graphic set up quality from TS3 graphic option main menu, like improving your Sims quality in the expense of reducing the scenery quality for example.

But please also note, that there are 3 of HD 7500s in the GraphicCards.sgr, I don't know which one is the most closest to yours but any of the 3 should be ok with your card because from the link above, the HD 7570 is still below your R7 200 grade.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 12:28 AM
Hi again, sorry I can't really find the perfect match for your AMD R7 200 Series, but the closest and safe one for TS3 in my opinion would be the HD 7570 based from here: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/393/radeon-hd-7570, the memory bus is the same as yours at 128bit, the bandwidth is also close to yours, and the pixel and texture fillrate /s are below yours, so I think if you put your R7 200 as the HD 7500 Series when editing the GraphicCards.sgr, it won't harm your card, and you still have some space to play around the graphic set up quality from TS3 graphic option main menu, like improving your Sims quality in the expense of reducing the scenery quality for example.

But please also note, that there are 3 of HD 7500s in the GraphicCards.sgr, I don't know which one is the most closest to yours but any of the 3 should be ok with your card because from the link above, the HD 7570 is still below your R7 200 grade.

How would I add this to the line of text? In the graphcscards.sgr?
Instructor
#11 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 11:02 AM
How would I add this to the line of text? In the graphcscards.sgr?

Here's how:

1. Copy and backup your GraphicCards.sgr and GraphicRules.sgr files located in your TS3 Base Game folder to somewhere else.
2. Open your GraphicCards.sgr file located in your TS3 Base Game folder wirh Notepad to edit it.
3. Look and find AMD Radeon HD 7500 Series (there are 3 of them), you need to pick one from any of the 3.

Quote:
card 0x6850 "AMD Radeon HD 7500 Series"
card 0x675d "AMD Radeon HD 7500 Series"
card 0x6858 "AMD Radeon HD 7500 Series"

4. Once you decide which one, put your Device ID which is 6610, to any of the 0x6850 or 0x675d or 0x6858, so it'll become like this 0x6610 (don't change anything else, just the last 4 digits)
5. Close Notepad to save and exit ( do not use Save As)
6. Run your TS3 up to TS3 main menu, and set your graphic option to your liking, set your resolution accordingly to your LCD monitor and set refresh rate to 60hz.
7. Exit TS3 don't run the game yet, go to your TS3 documents folder 1st and check your DeviceConfig to see if there's 32MB texture override, if there's no texture override then you're good to go, but if there's texture override then you'll need to edit the GraphicRules.sgr as well, hopefully you don't have to.., but if you have to, then post your new DeviceConfig here and let's edit the GraphicRules.sgr as well
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 7:01 PM
Thank you for the help everyone it bow says that there's a match